ALC889A, Gigabyte (Intel): now having a working front mic

VCH888

1,156 posts in this topic

I am still curious why the LegacyHDA has only 2inputs. Can one be created with 4outs3ins like 1.5.7a24 AppleHDA.kext so there is an extra input of external microphone? :)

Tks

Try this Testing.zip with SL vanilla AppleHDA.kext. See Sound Preferences and kernel.log, you will understand why External Mic could not work.

Now it works for me, I made a simple mistake. I put the whole folder into /Extra/Extensions/. The right way is that choose one of the series LegacyHDA.kext and put it into the /Extra/Extensions.

Hope it's helpful for others.

Pleas tell me what motherboard you are using. Thanks.

ALC888 Audio working on GA-EP45-DS3L using DSDT, however I got that annoying pop before sound. I noticed this thread mentions changing my model to MacPro to fix this.

How can i go about this? Any Help?

Please see your PM.

hi guys, i hope someone can help me out. i just successfully installed iAtkos v7, but it seems i fail to get my soundcard to work.

i do have a gigabyte p35-ds3 board, which has a alc889a chip. i found this thread, but tbh i'm really confused about this lots of kext's. beeing a newbie, and having bootet mac os for the very first time today, i just picked one zip file, and used kext helper v7 to install it. unfortunately, it didnt work, the sound still doesnt work.

during iatkos install, i picked one of the audio drivers (the first one, cant remember the name), and in the settings panel i have a VoodooHDA button that lets me adjust channels. while i can choose SPDIF-out in the sound settings (this is what i need), all i hear is loud noise.

can someone please guide me to a working alc889a install? what kext's do i need? and how do i install them? do i have to remove anything first i installed via the iatkos installation?

thanks in advance

hi guys, i hope someone can help me out. i just successfully installed iAtkos v7, but it seems i fail to get my soundcard to work.

i do have a gigabyte p35-ds3 board, which has a alc889a chip. i found this thread, but tbh i'm really confused about this lots of kext's. beeing a newbie, and having bootet mac os for the very first time today, i just picked one zip file, and used kext helper v7 to install it. unfortunately, it didnt work, the sound still doesnt work.

during iatkos install, i picked one of the audio drivers (the first one, cant remember the name), and in the settings panel i have a VoodooHDA button that lets me adjust channels. while i can choose SPDIF-out in the sound settings (this is what i need), all i hear is loud noise.

can someone please guide me to a working alc889a install? what kext's do i need? and how do i install them? do i have to remove anything first i installed via the iatkos installation?

thanks in advance

You are using OS X 10.5.7, aren't you. Please specify your current version, not a name of iAtkos v7. I had to search on internet what version you are using.

Please remove VoodooHDA.kext. Get HDAEnabler.kext and patched AppleHDA.kext and install them by using Kext Helper, then restart.

You are using OS X 10.5.7, aren't you. Please specify your current version, not a name of iAtkos v7. I had to search on internet what version you are using.

Yes i am, i'm sorry for the confusion.

Please remove VoodooHDA.kext. Get HDAEnabler.kext and patched AppleHDA.kext and install them by using Kext Helper, then restart.

What will be the correct way to remove the Voodoo-kext? Will it be sufficient to remove the actual file in /Extensions/, or do i have to do anything else?

(sorry for the newbie-ness, i'm still not too familiar with all this)

Yes i am, i'm sorry for the confusion.

What will be the correct way to remove the Voodoo-kext? Will it be sufficient to remove the actual file in /Extensions/, or do i have to do anything else?

(sorry for the newbie-ness, i'm still not too familiar with all this)

Move the mouse pointer over VoodooHDA.kext (/System/Library/Extensions) and click the right button & select Move to Trash.

Install HDAEnabler.kext and patched AppleHDA.kext by using Kext Helper.

@tmongkol

One of my friend has made applehda real 5.1ch output,

you can check this thread for details ( use google translate if needed).

Thank you. I will take a look.

<br />Move the mouse pointer over VoodooHDA.kext (/System/Library/Extensions) and click the right button & select Move to Trash.<br /><br />Install HDAEnabler.kext and patched AppleHDA.kext by using Kext Helper.<br /><br />

Thanks so much, works perfectly now :)

Hi, I am really sorry, but I don't understand anything. I have a gigabyte ep45t-extreme motherboard with the alc889a sound card and I am running 10.6

I tried ALC889A.Fix.kext, I found it on Lifehackers guide to bulding hackintosh with snow leopard. Well, it doesn't work. I have RebelEFI, but could anybody help me. I don't know which file is for me?

ep45t-extreme

Snow Leopard 10.6

RebelEFI

ALC889a

All help is appreciated :D

Wow i have tried so many things i am not sure where i am at this point...except i still do not have sound. I am a complete Apple noob but learning quickly.....just not quick enough.

My setup:

Running 10.5.7 iATKOS v7

GA-EP45-UD3R

E8500

ATI 4890

X-Fi Xtreme Gamer (would love for this to work)

But after reading a lot of the internet...it just is not easy to get to work. So i am relying on the onboard audio ALC889a.

I have uninstalled the voodooHDA and installed several different packages of corrected kexts to no avail. Still no sound. When i click on sound it still says No output devices found.

What am i missing?

Wow i have tried so many things i am not sure where i am at this point...except i still do not have sound. I am a complete Apple noob but learning quickly.....just not quick enough.

My setup:

Running 10.5.7 iATKOS v7

GA-EP45-UD3R

E8500

ATI 4890

X-Fi Xtreme Gamer (would love for this to work)

But after reading a lot of the internet...it just is not easy to get to work. So i am relying on the onboard audio ALC889a.

I have uninstalled the voodooHDA and installed several different packages of corrected kexts to no avail. Still no sound. When i click on sound it still says No output devices found.

What am i missing?

Let try this:

- Did you enable Azalia in BIOS?

- get HDAEnalber.kext and patched AppleHDA.kext (1.6.8a3) from the first post.

- using Kext Helper for installation, then restart.

Let try this:

- Did you enable Azalia in BIOS?

- get HDAEnalber.kext and patched AppleHDA.kext (1.6.8a3) from the first post.

- using Kext Helper for installation, then restart.

Yes i did enable Azalia in BIOS and i disconnected my Xtreme Gamer card just in case it is having an IRQ conflict.

I will get the 1.6.8a3 and try it tonight when i get home..i will let you know what happens. Thank you so much!

Yes i did enable Azalia in BIOS and i disconnected my Xtreme Gamer card just in case it is having an IRQ conflict.

I will get the 1.6.8a3 and try it tonight when i get home..i will let you know what happens. Thank you so much!

Okay i downloaded the file you recommended and installed the enabler and the appleHDA file for the 4 out and 2 in with a regular headphone....did i need to install all of them? I still have no sound out of any of the 6 rear ports or the two front ports either. It is okay if it just comes from the rear....i just would like some kind of sound.

post-515713-1257995679_thumb.jpg

I am missing some basic step i just know it.

seems like that LegacyHDA.kext here doesn't works after updated to 10.6.2. I notice the kext from 10.6.2 is 1.79. after i revert back to 1.74 my sound works.

@ nameless

Please remove BuiltInHDA key from info.plist of LegacyHDA.kext, see an example on the first post. It should be working fine.

Give me a feedback.

Okay i downloaded the file you recommended and installed the enabler and the appleHDA file for the 4 out and 2 in with a regular headphone....did i need to install all of them? I still have no sound out of any of the 6 rear ports or the two front ports either. It is okay if it just comes from the rear....i just would like some kind of sound.

post-515713-1257995679_thumb.jpg

I am missing some basic step i just know it.

@MurkyThud

Are you using DSDT.aml? If not, I would recommend you try to use DSDT.aml for your system. This will make some trick that OS can't see soundcard on ATI graphic card. Then, you will not have a conflict of soundcard on board and soundcard on ATI graphic card.

My soundcard on board of EP45-UD3R could be working fine since I have HD4870 and don't have DSDT.aml. I used to use DSDT.aml for 10.5.x and I didn't see any info of soundcard on ATI graphic card in System Profiler. Now, I don't use 10.5.x on this system.

@ nameless

Please remove BuiltInHDA key from info.plist of LegacyHDA.kext, see an example on the first post. It should be working fine.

Give me a feedback.

Hi tmongkol

This works perfectly for me - both sound assertion error and HDA not available at early boot messages have now gone and all is working just fine!

Cheers :D

D.

What DSDT settings should I use for a LegacyHDA from:

• Series of LegacyHDA
  • series of LegacyHDA 889 (ALC889a)
  • 3out2in HDA headphone

It is supported by my system version right? If i edit the plist.

I am running 10.6.2.

I have a ALC889a on my motherboard.

What DSDT settings should I use for a LegacyHDA from:

• Series of LegacyHDA
  • series of LegacyHDA 889 (ALC889a)
  • 3out2in HDA headphone

It is supported by my system version right? If i edit the plist.

I am running 10.6.2.

I have a ALC889a on my motherboard.

Can you post your dsdt?

After reading the forum over and over, I am at a dead end concerning sound.

System GA-EP35-DS3 Rev. 2.1 Audio ALC889a

Retail 10.6 clean install, Chameleon last release EFI String Geforce 9800Gt using with Gforce 9500GT 1024 MB.

Selfmade DSDT.aml.

original AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E

without any LegacyHDA or/and HADenabler I have an output divice in prefernces/sound. But no sound!

as soon I install any LegacyHDA.kext in E/E, and I tried at least 10 out of this forum, no output divice any more shown in preferences.

I would appreciate if some one may have a look at the attached files or can post a working DSDT and Kext.

DSDT.aml.zip

boot_log_GA_EP35_DS3.rtf.zip

After reading the forum over and over, I am at a dead end concerning sound.

System GA-EP35-DS3 Rev. 2.1 Audio ALC889a

Retail 10.6 clean install, Chameleon last release EFI String Geforce 9800Gt using with Gforce 9500GT 1024 MB.

Selfmade DSDT.aml.

original AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E

without any LegacyHDA or/and HADenabler I have an output divice in prefernces/sound. But no sound!

as soon I install any LegacyHDA.kext in E/E, and I tried at least 10 out of this forum, no output divice any more shown in preferences.

I would appreciate if some one may have a look at the attached files or can post a working DSDT and Kext.

see

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1230715

You made wrong layout-id. I think you try to use any layout-id from a vanilla AppleHDA.kext. It's possible but it's not a good idea. Each layout-id is used for only specific device.

Select LegacyHDA.kext from series of ALC885 (ALC889a) folder after you fix dsdt.

remove all of Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized) in Device (HDEF) section of your DSDT.

#########################################################

or using ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext in stead of DSDT.aml. by adding it and HDAEnabler.kext (layout-id=885)

into /Extra/Extensions

#########################################################

I use ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext (found on darwinx86) for my generic SL boot-132 CD. So, I can use only one SL boot-132 CD for my Gigabyte mainboards without CMOS resetting issue.

P.S. I am on Windows XP to reply your post.