10.5.6 Released...? odd.

Oxtie

61 posts in this topic

Something BIG must be on the way!!?

I've had a few firmware upgrades today on my NEW MacBook!

This is normally a good indication of it happening!

SticMAC

You made me run Software Update immediately XD

Anyway it isn't released yet. Software Update says no software available, none posted on Apple website yet... they probably found more bugs..

Firmware update? They probably changed something in the way Macs boot because the firmware dated Dec 10 is for all Macs. I have a feeling that the next update will break our hacks. It's gonna be more than DSDT and RTC.

Anyway, I don't have the update in my software update.

Firmware update? They probably changed something in the way Macs boot because the firmware dated Dec 10 is for all Macs. I have a feeling that the next update will break our hacks. It's gonna be more than DSDT and RTC.

Anyway, I don't have the update in my software update.

I highly doubt that. Updates will be fine. :)

-Stell

Sofpedia is not good for credible news.

MacRumors also say that posibly 10.5.6 will be released on Frinday, but as you can check no release yet.

But why is so important that 10.5.6 should be in front page news :huh:

Sofpedia is not good for credible news.

MacRumors also say that posibly 10.5.6 will be released on Frinday, but as you can check no release yet.

But why is so important that 10.5.6 should be in front page news :(

I ment Apple front page, though it should be in this site's front cauz 10.5.5 was a front news? :P 

EDIT: I'm waiting more for snow leopard then these updates :)

Oh, ok.

Even that, I rarely see Front page news about Mac Updates on Apple's site, although iPhone firmware updates are :help:

Well REAL mac users take updates very lightly, doesn't matter to them so its not huge news. But OSx86 is another story with DSDT at whatnot :help:

This DSDT business worries me a lot. As it's impossible to produce a working DSDT patch for my HP desktop, I'll end up stuck on 10.5.5 for the foreseeable future.. unless some bright spark produces a way to install 10.5.6 without the DSDT requirements.

This DSDT business worries me a lot. As it's impossible to produce a working DSDT patch for my HP desktop, I'll end up stuck on 10.5.5 for the foreseeable future.. unless some bright spark produces a way to install 10.5.6 without the DSDT requirements.

Why not take AppleRTC.kext from 10.5.5 and put it in 10.5.6? I believe that should work...

2 questions regarding 10.5.6 -

1. Will the XNU Voodoo release kernel help if it blocks the dsmos, power management and hwsensor kexts, or is it just the RTC kext thats the killer?
  2. For those who can't patch DSDT, will it be possible to use a disabler.kext in advance to stop the rtc and other dangerous or irrelevant kexts from loading - I guess a packaged installer for a generic disabler.kext could be useful as an update prep tool if this is the case?