- Make full service for MAC OS X kexts easily. -
Latest Kext Utility
for MAC OS X 10.5-10.10
Mac OS X "Yosemite" Super Speed Edition.
FULL version with KU_config.plist
© cVad 2008-2014
Improved version utility from russian MAC community.
- Super speed repair permissions for all system folders: /System/Library/Extensions and /Library/Extensions;
- Starts a update (rebuild) system caches:
- Install multiple kext files simultaneously;
- NEW! Kext Utility.app/Contents/Resources/KU_config.plist for ON|OFF some KU functions;
- NEW! KU can automatically add boot args: "-v" for verbose boot and "kext-dev-mode=1" for load unsigned kexts in MAC OS X "Yosemite" in com.apple.Boot.plist;
- Patch msdosfs.kext Info.plist for add OSBundleRequired="Console". That provides access to an EFI partition in single user mode (disabled for 10.10 and up);
- Update a records about the unsigned installed kexts in the AppleKextExcludeList.kext (disabled for 10.10 and up);
- Pack kext files to mkext cache file;
- UnPack mkext cache files.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>PatchKexts</key> <dict> <key>msdosfs.kext</key> <true/> <key>AppleKextExcludeList.kext</key> <true/> </dict> <key>AddBootArgs</key> <dict> <key>-v</key> <false/> <key>kext-dev-mode=1</key> <true/> </dict> </dict> </plist>Note:
The latest KU uses highly modified high-speed method of repair kexts. To all kexts granted the same rights (a little more liberal, than it is necessary). This saves a lot of time and nervous when installing and configuring the MAC OS X. On the system performance, is not affected. After installing and configuring the system, if there is free time, run "Disk Utility", and repair the kexts, according to their native permissions.
Some thoughts on the repairing of the kexts permissions: