VRAM for QE and CI

mudemi

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

i am so frustrated right now. I have been trying to install Mac OS on my Laptop.

Tried with versions 10.5.2 kalyway, 10.5.2 leo4allv3, 10.5.5 ideneb and 10.5.4 leo4allv4.1. Nearly everything works fine, eg sound, wlan, lan, usb.

But unfortunately one of the most important things are not working proper :) my graphics card ...

here is my system:

ASUS Z92km (Barebone A6km)

CPU: AMD Turion ML-34 1,8 Ghz

RAM: 1GB

Graphics Card: GeForce Go 7300 with 64 VRAM (upto 256mb ram with turbocache)

I think, that´s the important things you have to know.

I really tried installing every injecter, manually or from dvd (eg NV Installer, NV Kush, Natit, Titan, NVinjectGo) since 2 weeks, nearly every day and night (ask my girlfriend :D). i also added the device-id 017d with plist editor, but all things didn´t work. my system freeze after few seconds or minutes, when i install a gfx injecter. sometimes i have got enough time to look for details, and well - everytime i install a proper driver, i have got 1280x800 and QE / CI are enabled, but unfortunately -like i said before- system crashes after few minutes.

so everytime i had to go in single-user mode and delete the drivers. after that i can boot again, but i just have got 1024x768 VESA Mode (Native for my Laptop is 1280x800, but i could not change resolution) and no QE/CI.

Now that u might understand my problem, i would like to ask something.

Could anyone (with GeForce Go 7300) plz upload or send me their gfx driver. i need geforce.kext, geforcefxgldriver.bundle, geforcega.plugin, geforcevadriver.bundle, nvdaresma.kext, nvdanv40hal.kext and your injecter from your extensions folder. that would be really great!!!

I have spoken to other guys with GeForce Go 7300, and they got QE and CI, but i realized, that they have got 128mb vram. maybe there is my problem, maybe 64mb vram are too less for qe/ci. But under TIGER QE/CI works fine, so i don´t think, that this is the problem. but maybe it is :/ so, does anyone know, how much VRAM is necessary for QE AND CI under Leopard???

Sry for writing so much with my bad english, but i really hope someone could help me :) although mac osx doesn´t work proper til now, i am in love with it. i myself couldn´t go on further, cause i really tried everything i have found in this nice forum. but maybe there is also sth left, which i did not try, but maybe - as i said - it is not the driver, but my vram (hopefully not!)

thx a lot

cheers, mudemi

I have spoken to other guys with GeForce Go 7300, and they got QE and CI, but i realized, that they have got 128mb vram. maybe there is my problem, maybe 64mb vram are too less for qe/ci. But under TIGER QE/CI works fine, so i don´t think, that this is the problem. but maybe it is :/ so, does anyone know, how much VRAM is necessary for QE AND CI under Leopard???

Look here

\System\Library\Frameworks\ApplicationServices.framework\Versions\A\Frameworks\CoreGraphics.framework\Versions\A\Resources\Configuration.plist

<key>QuartzGLConfiguration</key>
<dict>
	<key>QuartzGLMinimumVRAM</key>
	<integer>64</integer>
	<key>QuartzGLMinimumDRAM</key>
	<integer>512</integer>
	<key>QuartzGLDefaultDRAM</key>
	<integer>1024</integer>
	<key>QuartzGLVendorDisabled</key>
	<array>
		 </array>
</dict>

ok, thx for this advice.

so i guess at least 64mb vram are minimum requirement für quarz... ok,

but ;) why does my system then always freeze, when booting with quarz under leopard.

i just installed again tiger to see, if i had really been right - and yes, quarz and ci are supported :o

omg, i really don´t know what else to do now.

i installed again kalyway 10.5.2 (because it installs quite fast). but now i have noticed sth else, maybe this is important ???

in Tiger (Uphuck 10.4.8) i can see bus speed 400mhz, but leopard only shows me only 200 mhz??? could this be a problem maybe ...

unbelievable, what i tried and still got not even a little idea how to fix my problem :(

i would really be happy, if someone could me at least an hint, what else i could do or why my system freezes after few seconds when installing gfx kexts (and then using qe&ci) when i use my old kext files from tiger, it recognizes my gfx card properly and at least i could change to 1280x800, but there is still no qe/ci like in tiger :(

cya guys

(get leopard full or die trying)