XFX Geforce 7600GS 512MB

nikjenikje

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if somebody could help me with this. I've been trying to install the Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD and everything is working like it should except for my video.

I have an AsRock 775-DualVSTA Mobo, so I installed using the patch from TheStevo (see osx86project.org compatibility list for my mobo for info on that patch.. I used the latest one available)

The strange thing is, I got it working once using Natit 0.2.0 kexts but I couldnt figure out how to enable QE and CI so I tried some other things and now, even after a complete reinstall, I cannot get it to work. I remember something about changing multiple info.plist files to match my DeviceID (0x039210de) but everything I try leaves me with a blue screen with a mouse cursor until I completely delete the NVinject or Natit kexts

Also, I read about every article on here about NVinject or Natit and 7600 cards but nothing seems to help me out to get full QE and CI or even a working resolution above 1024x768

The weird thing is, I'm kinda positive my card doesn't need flashing because when I got Natit to work semi-properly, it did detect 512MB VRAM no problem. Just QE and CI were the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

An update then

I tried installing the kexts and NVkush from http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/ and they crashed my system. I had to completely remove the NVkush kext and remove my DeviceID from the GeForce, NVDANV40Hal and NVDAResman kexts before I could boot into the 1024x768 res again. No support for anything again then.

So then I tried the following:

- Installed NVDarwin package

- Added my DeviceID to GeForce, NVDANV40Hal, NVDANV50Hal and NVDAResman kexts

- Added my DevideID to the NVDarwin kext

then I tried installing one by one:

- Natit 0.2.0

- NVinject 0.2.1 512

- NVinject 0.2.1

each time replacing the usual; setting the IOProbeScore value to 0, entering my DeviceID in the kext and changing the NVCAP values to every possible value I think is worth trying.

each time I can boot into Max OS X with full graphics support, but immediately after the launch, OSX crashes and the only thing I can do is move my mouse pointer. I can see the background image, dock and apple bar though.

quick question: can NVCAP values cause the system to hang or function improperly?

furthermore, I still haven't solved the issue. I'm still stuck @ freezing OSX OR 1024x768 single display with no QE or CI

Any suggestions?