Free MobileMe/.Mac Alternative - Helpers Needed

Al X And Er

3 posts in this topic

Hey Guys!

Ages ago (literally) i posted a topic on here asking if anyone wanted to help me make a free MobileMe alternative.............

Well, I kinda got busy with other stuff and completely forgot.

But I really want to do it now, and I've got all the hosting, and even a domain name sorted to do one. Now, myself, I'm not very good at graphics and PHP, so it would be great if we could get a little team together to help........

I've put up an example on the domain and hosting that we'll use for the final product (if....), and it's here: http://www.veersa.com/PUBLIC

sure, it's a little dodgy (i suck at graphics and PHP, lol) but it's just a base idea and If we could get many helpers that would be great.

As i've shown on that site, im hoping that we can make a package that will offer something like 30GB of storage for free (I have seriously PLENTY of very high speed servers that have currently about 10TB storage......) to store all your files, photos & even host a website. Of course it would be good to make an email service to, (yourname@veersa.com) but I think it would be best if we made the email storage unlimited. Please don't worry about my servers, I share them and they are constantly upgraded so we don't need to worry about storage.

For anyone that would like to help, list your name here, what your good at, and if you have any ideas. As soon as there are a few people who have offered, I will provide an FTP account to you guys to access the PUBLIC folder where we can start development and where you can access resources from that example web page we've made. Im not sure how hard it will be to make a full package type thing that has a signup system, then creates an email account, storage account etc but my servers are very flexible and I have cPanel so there's several features in there we can use......PS: It would be great if we could also design an iPhone compatible site as well as a Blackberry one too :(

BY THE WAY: ALL HELPERS WOULD GET UNLIMITED STORAGE ON EVERYTHING, JUST SO WE ALL GET A GOOD DEAL. YES THAT ALSO MEANS YOU CAN HOST YOUR WEBSITE WITH UNLIMITED STORAGE :( <dont forget unlimtied transfer and you can attach your domain :( >

(Please don't ask about the hosting and how I would possibly manage it, it's all sorted)

Thanks!!!!

PS: List your name if you're good at anything that could help make this!!!!

have any q's? email me: alexandercolquhoun@yahoo.com.au

• 1 month later...