Stuck Pixels (TFT Screens) it works!

amaning11

6 posts in this topic

For everyone suffering with a bright and annoying pixel on their monitor, getting rid of these is not a myth!

I spent a good part of the last 2 days researching and trying to fix a bright red stuck pixel on my brand new 22" screen.

Im not going to write all the steps and methods down here as they are easily found on the net, but basically what worked for me was a combination of software (colour flashers) and manipulating the screen with the blunt end of a pen with a damp cloth covering it.

It DOES work!

Just dont be scared about putting a fair ammount of pressure on the screen! you know your getting somewhere when the lit pixel starts to flicker under pressure

lol im sure it will help someone. it should work on any lcd screen of any age.

Now the thing is.... the damn pixel has come back! lol! does anyone have any info about this? it seems that whenever i turn the screen off for a while, when i turn it back on the stuck pixel has returned! how is this possible? is it something to do with heat?

if i leave the monitor on it doesn't re appear.....

wth!?

It depends if you think the risk of scratching the screen or causing another stuck or worst case dead pixel is worth it, the stuck pixel on my screen was in the middle so it was very noticeable, bright red too.

Im still confused about this stuck pixel on my screen, every time i let the screen cool down it becomes stuck again and i have to spend 15 mins unsticking it, yet if i leave the monitor on it will stay perfect. it must be due to heat, would that mean it would be stuck only until it warms up? i will have to test.... im hoping that eventually i get it just right so it stays unstuck permanently

hmm... maybe if i leave it on standby...