• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

CrArC

CrArC

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
I can't believe I'm actually asking this, but I can't figure out how to minimise the damned keyboard in the SMS app on the iPhone. If you are reading the SMS conversation and happen to click too near the text field at the bottom, the keyboard pops up expecting you to send a text. You'd think tapping away from the keyboard would make it disappear (bit of Windows Mobile intuition there) but it blithely sits in place, and I have to get rid of it by tapping out of the conversation and then back into it again.

Is there just no way to do this? It seems a bit silly to forget to code a 'feature' like getting rid of the damned keyboard ;) my iPhone came with no instructions, either.. just a happy-chappy pictoral guide to opening a few apps. In safari on the iPhone you can hit a button to hide it, a button conspicuous in its absence in SMS and other places...

Any ideas? Google doesn't seem to know either.

tayklor

tayklor

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Click 'Done' in the upper right corner.

It least that's the way it was done in 1.1.1

CrArC

CrArC

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
That's now changed to "clear" it seems.. ;) if it helps, this is an iPhone 3g.

Berzerker

Berzerker

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
You have to click "Messages" to leave and go back into the conversation, and the iPhone keyboard will be minimized.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy