[HOWTO] Two cards, one supported by osx, another one is not.

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Almondo99

Almondo99

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
So does this mean I could run a GTX 460 on the Windows side, and a 9800 GT on the Mac side? And use the 9800 GT as a PhysX card or dual GPU on the Windows side? Has anyone tried this?

Almondo99

Almondo99

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Anyone?

deevo

deevo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hmm.. sounds possible to use it as a physx card, but not dual gpu. you need two of the same model card to do that.

i was thinking of soldering an ON/OFF switch between the power supply and the windows-only video card.

that way when you want to boot into OSX, you can cut the power to the windows card, and when you want to boot into windows, you just leave them both running and use something like this https://www.belkin.c...oduct_Id=530062 so that you don't need to plug the monitor into the other card each time you alternate OS's.

thoughts?

Mitalca

Mitalca

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
try to unplug the second card from the power supply and start your machine. I think it won't boot

thedarkhorse

thedarkhorse

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Glad this post exists as I'm about to upgrade my card for Win7 but the new one isn't supported in OSX.

I have a Gigabyte ex58-ud3r and run OSX and Win7 on separate drives, both use my ATI 4870 and it works fairly flawlessly in OSX. I'm upgrading my GPU to a Nvidia GTX570 and hope to still be able to run OSX well while I transition to primarily Win7 (leaving final cut and going to adobe, win7 has better better cuda options... plus I really like gaming). I'll update when I get the card and try it out.

capitanbelico

capitanbelico

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:OSX, Mac
i got a GA-H67M-D2-B3 rev. 1.1 F5

core i3 2100

i have to GPU that i would like to use in my mackintosh, 1. GeForce 210 Zogis 512vram and
2. Geforce GT520 evga 1vram

i got problems using in Mountain Lion and i would like to test if can i use those GPU simultaneously.

what do you advise me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy