10.4.6 Upgrade Released

skyliner34

211 posts in this topic

I don't know about you guys, but I'm not liking the following line in the install directions:

You may experience unexpected results if you have third-party system software modifications installed, or if you've modified the operating system through other means. (This does not apply to normal application software installation.)

Sounds like Apple has done some extensive backend work to try and block out Maxxuss.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm not liking the following line in the install directions:

Sounds like Apple has done some extensive backend work to try and block out Maxxuss.

That just sounds like a standard disclaimer - granted this will break an existing install of OSx86 but this is apple covering their back for stuff like themes etc perhaps?

ok... there's a new Mach_kernel. updates to Flash Player. Most of the kexts have been updated (including the Radeon ones). Lots of Frameworks. Its almost a full new OSX install. Don't install this until Maxxuss has had a crack at it.

I for one seriously hope this resolves that dreadful whine on the MacBook Pro.

--You don't pay 2500+ for a laptop so you can hear it sing even when iTunes isn't open.

Anyone check out the new Audio Kexts for the sound hardware? Specifically Line in?

I found the M man at his name.org . It was last updated on the 21st of March... so we'll have to wait and see. Can't keep a good dog down ;)

Help!

10.4.6 for Intel was released this morning, and there are already at least 6 new threads, all covering more or less the same ground:

This thread in the The PC Forum, and one each in:

Apple Opinions and Discussion

Patches and Tweaks

Hardware

Applications

OSx86 Installation

Not counting, of course the new thread in The Mac Forum, and the OLD thread in The PC forum that originally focused on the developer release of 10.4.6.

As time marches on and the number of posts to this GREAT board increases, I find it more and more frustrating trying to search or follow threads. This posted in the new thread with the most activity, in the hope that some moderator(s) or member(s) have some terrific ideas on how to reduce the multiplication of similar threads in multiple sub-fora !

;)

G

Already have it downloaded. just counting down the hours till i can actualy use it, i hope this fixes some of my graphics driver problems, maybe even some other minor anoiances, over 10.4.5 is fairily stable though, much more than 10.4.1 on my rig.

i just installed some of it with pacifist. namely safari update, ichat, mail, flash player, so far i have notcied expecially in safari a marked inprovment in webpage rendering and speed and proper flash support. and mail no longer dissopears my email if i switch form sent to receved and back again.

i just installed some of it with pacifist. namely safari update, ichat, mail, flash player, so far i have notcied expecially in safari a marked inprovment in webpage rendering and speed and proper flash support. and mail no longer dissopears my email if i switch form sent to receved and back again.

Is Safari stabler? It kept crashing on me sometimes...