[Guide]Intel D945GCLF2 10.5.x Retail Installation

iSynapse

447 posts in this topic

Hi

I'm trying to install this to my d945gclf2 board, but using a retail snow leopard restored to a usb disc. I can select the image just fine from the menu, but as you can see from the attachment, I don't get far...

Can anybody help me - I don't have a retail disc or dual layer discs laying around atm. Is it because I'm trying to install snow leopard and the rEFIt doesn't support it, or that I'm using a install disc from usb or something else???

EDIT: now I tried using a 10.5.6 retail image loading from USB, and while it does load, it halts on a blank blue screen. Any hints would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Having similar issues. I have two partitions on my harddrive and rEFIt won't see the USB drive i restored SnowLeopard too. So I am unable to even test if things work. I am using the d945gclf (note the lack of a 2) board.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to install Leopard on my D945GCLF2 from both 10.5.7 and 10.5 retail dvds (full install) using the above boot-132 iso. I can easily boot off either Leopard DVD but once I select my language I get an error window saying "Mac OS X cannot be installed on this computer." Install log shows several "Error: 35" and a few phrases such as:

- unable to determine UUID for host

- Folder Manager is being asked to create a folder (cach) while running as uid 0

- Folder Manager is being asked to create a folder (asav) while running as uid 0

- Installation checks failed.

- Installation check failures: This software cannot be installed on this computer.

Btw, I don't think is matters but my GUID HD is already prepared... Also, I have my slim sata dvd-rw drive connected with a 50-pin to USB adapter until my standard SATA adapter arrives. Could this be the problem?

Hello guys...i don`t know if someone allready did a retail installation guide for the mini Intel D945GCLF2 so i`ve made one with all the kext and steps to install a perfect Mac OS X on it.

You will find everything you need to perform the installation at the link below.

Motherboard description:

Processor: Integrated dual-core Intel� Atom� processor 330 with a 533 MHz system bus (Recognized in 10.5.5 as 2 x 4 GHz Unknown ) :)

Memory: One 240-pin DDR2 SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) sockets. Support for DDR2 533/667 MHz DIMMs. Support for up to 2 GBΣ of system memory (seen as they realy are)

Chipset: Intel� 945GC Express Chipset and Intel� I/O Controller Hub 7 (ICH7)

Audio: Realtek* ALC662 audio codec (5.1 channel HD audio) (Works well with voodooHDA...grab it from here)

Video: Intel� GMA950 2772 & S-video output support (Works OOB with 1024x748 but works better with the drivers from the package. QE/CI Supported, Resolution change also) :)

LAN Support: 10/100/1000 Mbps LAN subsystem using the Realtek* LAN adapter device (Works OOB)

Sleep and Resume working without problems.

download_large.gif

Contains the driver pack v2.5 + tools

N.B.

1st method using 10.5.7 vanilla kernel) For those of you who cannot run Hyperthreading after updating to 10.5.7 just run win params cpus=1 or 2 (it worked for me without problems - I used this dsdt.aml dsdt.tar).

2nd method using 10.5.6 vanilla kernel) Change your 10.5.7 kernel and System.kext with the ones in the package and all runs smoothly, with HT on, no more cpus params with a Geekbench score of 1358: Download kernel

ciao, sn nuovo di qsto "posto" senti un pò una domanda al volo:

se ti chiedessi di acquistare quel notebook e di assembrarlo per me e spedirlo, qnt mi verrebbe a costare?

grazie anticipatamente... ;-)

Anyone? Please help..?!

edit: just looked on apple.com and saw that 10.5 requires 1 gig of ram, i only have 512. Can anyone confirm that the installer will really deny the system? Is this an absolute requirement programmed into the installer or just a guideline?

I'm trying to install Leopard on my D945GCLF2 from both 10.5.7 and 10.5 retail dvds (full install) using the above boot-132 iso. I can easily boot off either Leopard DVD but once I select my language I get an error window saying "Mac OS X cannot be installed on this computer." Install log shows several "Error: 35" and a few phrases such as:

- unable to determine UUID for host

- Folder Manager is being asked to create a folder (cach) while running as uid 0

- Folder Manager is being asked to create a folder (asav) while running as uid 0

- Installation checks failed.

- Installation check failures: This software cannot be installed on this computer.

Btw, I don't think is matters but my GUID HD is already prepared... Also, I have my slim sata dvd-rw drive connected with a 50-pin to USB adapter until my standard SATA adapter arrives. Could this be the problem?

Hello colourstobe,

You need to use a 8GB (or bigger) USB Key (or make urslf a boot132 cd with chameleon 2 rc3 cdboot)

In my case I formated the usb in GUID, installed Cham RC3 on it...and added the kexts from the pic. Boot from the usb and install ur SL.

After the installation repeat the procedure on your newly installed SL HDD. :)

post-101735-1252778017_thumb.jpg

Some of the kext are not needed....but i included them anyway... ;)

@iSynapse

Sold my mobo but thinking about getting another. No need for GMA950 kexts then? Have you updated to 10.6.2? I assume if you did then you'd have the new SleepEnabler.kext and FakeSMC.kext? MyHack 1.0RC5 I think installs them so an install based on that would enable 10.6.0-10.6.2.

Anyway, Sleep & Resume working fine? Same DSDT from the Leopard install?

• 1 month later...

i have a asrock a330gc with nearly the same specs, so i tried the package 2.5 in the first post, ideneb, kalyway and ipc.but none of them work. with an 10.5.6-dvd and the 123.iso-swap the installation itself hangs on the apple-logo, no "statuswheel" is shown.with ideneb and kalyway the installation is ok, but it hangs in the boot after "Using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers" (the number of buffers may be wrong, i dont know, if it is sensefull). with ipc it just restarted before the installation.

i´ve read that replacing an io*.kext could help, but how could i do this, i dont have a mac here and my pc runs win7.

so, can anyone help me please ?

a running osx would make my bachelor-thesis much more comfortable. i need to do iphone-programming ;)

Have you tried booting with any boot flags? Try IPC with "CPUs=1" (without the quotes) and see if you can at least get into the installation.

to the installation i got with ideneb and kalyway without problems - even through it to the end. but on the boot later then, cpus=1 has no other effect, its still stuck at the "using...".

after i have found one working link to the package mentioned in New Installation method using rEFIt by Onetrack and Co. i have created a usb-stick and loaded a 10.5.6-disk at here

but it didnt help either. it just restartet after some lines of text, but it is too fast to recognize and in this rEFI i dont find a point to make the cpus=1-flag.

your tip with ipc and cpus=1 ends in

kernel version:

system uptime in nanoseconds

very early, just like the original with this parameter does (booted out of chamaeleon v2)

Check this out: http://aming-blog.blogspot.com/2009/12/ins...ock-a330gc.html you'll probably need to use ubuntu or get a hold of mac to do the command line work.

i have an external disk with the snow-leopard and chamaeleon i have made on a mac a time ago. so you say, when i use ubuntu (or maybe any other linux) i can do all the command-line-activities to this disk too and ubuntu can mount hfs ?

that would be super, i will try.

btw: i have read through the article. and it is how often: he writes, that you need to copy some kexts, but they are nowhere to download. and if i dont have the specific kexts and jut know, that the original dont work, that not so super...

Try searching... I beleive most of those kexts exist around. Now for getting you're system running use the dsdt that ubuntu provides and edit it how it says to on the website. Then try booting into osx with the -s boot flag to install chameleon and the other kexts how it says to on the website. I'm know where near an expert on this stuff but it's worth a try.

You will probably need the dsdt.aml to boot... Any Linux distro will provide one which you can then edit as shown in the guide (I'm not sure how you edit it in Linux so google it) and copy and paste into your leopard installation.

You will probably need the dsdt.aml to boot... Any Linux distro will provide one which you can then edit as shown in the guide (I'm not sure how you edit it in Linux so google it) and copy and paste into your leopard installation.

but it boots... the purple screen comes after the "apple-screen" - the apple and the round turning thing - would appear (and dont appear because of -v), so i dont believe, that it is the boot. maybe the graphics kext or sth

but it boots... the purple screen comes after the "apple-screen" - the apple and the round turning thing - would appear (and dont appear because of -v), so i dont believe, that it is the boot. maybe the graphics kext or sth

ya I don't know... The dsdt is supposed to give you graphics support. Have you found anyone else that has this problem? Also try different graphics ports because one might not work.

ya I don't know... The dsdt is supposed to give you graphics support. Have you found anyone else that has this problem? Also try different graphics ports because one might not work.

many have this when waking up from standby - but i cant really see a relationship there. some say, the second screen is used, so if you have a vga-out on a laptop, it would only give a picture there, not in the internal screen.

• 5 months later...
Can't get 1920x1080 working with these drivers, anyone had luck getting this to work?

And here I thought I was the only one, since I only had 1600x1200 working.

Though, I remember seeing something about VGA only supporting up to 1600x1200, but if you've got a DVI adapter you could do it. *shrug*

And here I thought I was the only one, since I only had 1600x1200 working.

Though, I remember seeing something about VGA only supporting up to 1600x1200, but if you've got a DVI adapter you could do it. *shrug*

After following this super guide i have some good resultions there but also something like 1920x1440, never heard of it before.

But i need 1920x 1080 to work with my monitor.

• 1 month later...
After following this super guide i have some good resultions there but also something like 1920x1440, never heard of it before.

But i need 1920x 1080 to work with my monitor.

Hi!

Is any way to enable ht into 10.5.8? I try with severals mach_kernel with no result :(

All works fine (sound, graphics, sleep, ...) except ht :D

• 4 months later...

I used this guide a couple of years ago to install 10.5.6 and I've been using the system as my main desktop ever since.

I now have a SL 10.6.0 retail disk. Can this same guide be used to install Snow Leopard on this board?