[Guide]Intel D945GCLF2 10.5.x Retail Installation

iSynapse

447 posts in this topic

@ le jeune bidouilleur:

If you mean screensharing via VNC, then yes, it does work, no problem.

Did anybody find a completely safe way to get 10.5.7 running with all four threads / cores active yet? I'm still running with cpus=3 in stead of 4.

Yes, I have tried the supplied dsts.aml, but then I couldn't even boot at all. I'm using one that I made with the dsdt-patcher from the pack that is supplied in the first post of this whole thread.. But thanks nonetheless.

Thanks for the rEFIt boot method Onetrack. You mentioned in one post that you were able to get 10.5.7 to work WITHOUT disabling hyperthreading.

I followed your guide to the letter and still have to disable hyperthreading or boot with the CPUS=3 flag. Can you share any other thoughts on what you may have done to make this work?

FWIW, my system with hyperthreading disabled under 10.5.7 Geekbench = 1000, with CPUS=3 and hyperthreading enabled under 10.5.7 = 1150 and with hyperthreading enabled under 10.5.6 = 1300.

The thing is that photoshop and Co are using some graphics. The board has an integrated chipset, so the performances won't be that good, but for a casual photo editeur, it will be ok.

I was really suprised buy the performance of that board, all is very fluent (some times even more that my Imac..)

I installed the server version of os x, and it works perfecty.

It is a good motherboard.

Bye

Greetings, I'm loving the USB rEFIt method with my Intel D945gclf2 system, but I've tried everything posted to get audio out working, and have not been successful. If anyone can shed some light on this query, I'd appreciate it. Thanks! :(

Greetings, I'm loving the USB rEFIt method with my Intel D945gclf2 system, but I've tried everything posted to get audio out working, and have not been successful. If anyone can shed some light on this query, I'd appreciate it. Thanks! :)

To make Audio out working, you will need KEXT HELPER, execute KEXT HELPER and browse for the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext file in the"kext_unused" folder that you will find on you're USB rEFIt stick.

Don't forget to give youre password and finaly click on EASY INSTALL.

Now when you reboot youre mac ;-) you will have audio out.

GRTZ, Pieter

Would it be worth buying components and installing OSX 10.5.7 if I'm looking to get Snow Leopard? Will Snow Leopard not be compatible with all the components used for this build?

EDIT: I know it's hard to tell but how likely is it going to be compatible?

To make Audio out working, you will need KEXT HELPER, execute KEXT HELPER and browse for the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext file in the"kext_unused" folder that you will find on you're USB rEFIt stick.

Don't forget to give youre password and finaly click on EASY INSTALL.

Now when you reboot youre mac ;-) you will have audio out.

GRTZ, Pieter

Hi Thanks for the info. I've tried this method numerous times, but still no audio and system profiler lists "no onboard audio".

Thanks for the two guides guys

Couple of noob questions

1) What does the DSDT.AML file actually do as I havent yet copied it to my OSX partition but everything seems to work. Is it just a case of copying the later DSDT.AML file that OneTrack posted to the root dir of the OSX partition?

2) When using the original guide, I get that I need to disable HT to install the Combo update. Does that mean I can switch it back on once the update is done or I lose HT for good if I update to 10.5.7?

Hi Thanks for the info. I've tried this method numerous times, but still no audio and system profiler lists "no onboard audio".

Hi there,

It is perfectly normal that the system profiler is not listing the audio device, this is because the use of non standard OSX drivers.

Check ithe bios if de audio is enabled, check with de keyboard option FN-F8 if you can change the volume. (if the audio card is working, you chould get a little square with a speaker in it in the lower middle of your screen)

Hope this will work for you.

Grtz, Pieter

I've bought all the part and when it all comes I'll let you know how I'm getting on. Just a quick question though...I'm new to Hackintosh and OSx86 so I was just wondering after getting everything working will I be able to use boot camp?

Thanks

I've bought all the part and when it all comes I'll let you know how I'm getting on. Just a quick question though...I'm new to Hackintosh and OSx86 so I was just wondering after getting everything working will I be able to use boot camp?

Thanks

Boot Camp is a BIOS emulator to allow Macs to boot into Windows. As you have a BIOS, it is unnecessary. Simply build a second windows drive and select it from Bios when you want to use it, or use the boot loader to select it.

Patrick

Boot Camp is a BIOS emulator to allow Macs to boot into Windows. As you have a BIOS, it is unnecessary. Simply build a second windows drive and select it from Bios when you want to use it, or use the boot loader to select it.

Patrick

So do I need another hard drive or somehow install it on the same hard drive on a different partition? As my case can only fit 1 hard drive.

I`ve updated the first post....

The auto installer for the drivers it was not tested....if someone has some time please test it:).

Audio drivers still missing. ATM i`m using Azalia

Greetings, at my wit's end with the audio issues on the D945GLCLF2 board. iPC has installed and is running flawlessly, however I've tried ALC662, Azalia, and numerous other tries from posts on this subject...no luck with audio at all. In SYSTEM PROFILER, Audio (built-in) is listing "Intel High Definition Audio" with Device ID 0X8086D604 // Audio ID=12 and is blank under "Available Devices". In SYSTEM PREF. i've never been able to get any device listing in output or input. Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted. Thanks.

Has anyone had success running 10.5.7 with the Vanilla Apple Kernel (9.7.0) with Hyperthreading turned ON?

I Have a D945GCLF2 running BIOS ver 0182.

Tried a variety of bootloaders & DSDT.aml files and still get the following (immediate) Kernel Panic:

"Should have 2 Cores, but only found 1 for Die 0"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1228.12.14/osfmk/i386/cpu_threads.c:1110

System boots and acts fine with Hyperthreading turned off, Onetract's DSDT file works great.

Ted

Hello I followed the instuctions for 945GCLF2 installation using USB rEFIt but I can't seem to get to installation process.

This is what happens, trying to install from a 10.5.6 retail:

Turn on computer

Boot into rEFIt Menu

Chooses Boot OSX From Install DVD (Shouldn't it be Install and not boot?)

Loads DSDT and then blank scrolling text comes up and a 10-15min wait till blue screen comes up and stays blank.

EDIT: Images below of scrolling text and root of USB to see if everything in there is correct.

post-438058-1245588832_thumb.jpg

post-438058-1245588868_thumb.jpg

post-438058-1245588892_thumb.jpg

post-438058-1245588903_thumb.jpg

With that screen.. are you seeing the mouse at all? at that point the mouse will be black and normally shows up in the top corner.

Great to see some people are enjoying their systems, i use min every day, have found of course that flash doesn't play all that well due to it being heavily cpu bound - however the machine is powerful enough to play 720p avi with ac3 5.1 - podcasts and such - it makes a great general purpose computer.

Just follow the instructions... start fresh & I suggest when done you use xslimmer to strip out all the ppc code, slim down the os and speeds up booting / general use.

Enjoy your systems,

One

regarding dualboot - much much easier with 2 drives.

Hello I followed the instuctions for 945GCLF2 installation using USB rEFIt but I can't seem to get to installation process.

This is what happens, trying to install from a 10.5.6 retail:

Turn on computer

Boot into rEFIt Menu

Chooses Boot OSX From Install DVD (Shouldn't it be Install and not boot?)

Loads DSDT and then blank scrolling text comes up and a 10-15min wait till blue screen comes up and stays blank.

EDIT: Images below of scrolling text and root of USB to see if everything in there is correct.

Does anyone know how to get the original guide to work with 10.5.7 update? I had a fine 10.5.6 system, disabled HT, upgraded to 10.5.7 with OneTracks DSDT.aml file present but lost all kexts and video res etc. Reinstalled kexts and now have unbootable machine.

I'd rather not use Refit method at this time