[Guide]Intel D945GCLF2 10.5.x Retail Installation

iSynapse

447 posts in this topic

Hello guys...i don`t know if someone allready did a retail installation guide for the mini Intel D945GCLF2 so i`ve made one with all the kext and steps to install a perfect Mac OS X on it.

You will find everything you need to perform the installation at the link below.

Motherboard description:

Processor: Integrated dual-core Intel® Atom™ processor 330 with a 533 MHz system bus (Recognized in 10.5.5 as 2 x 4 GHz Unknown ) ;)

Memory: One 240-pin DDR2 SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) sockets. Support for DDR2 533/667 MHz DIMMs. Support for up to 2 GBΣ of system memory (seen as they realy are)

Chipset: Intel® 945GC Express Chipset and Intel® I/O Controller Hub 7 (ICH7)

Audio: Realtek* ALC662 audio codec (5.1 channel HD audio) (Works well with voodooHDA...grab it from here)

Video: Intel® GMA950 2772 & S-video output support (Works OOB with 1024x748 but works better with the drivers from the package. QE/CI Supported, Resolution change also) :D

LAN Support: 10/100/1000 Mbps LAN subsystem using the Realtek* LAN adapter device (Works OOB)

Sleep and Resume working without problems.

download_large.gif

Contains the driver pack v2.5 + tools

N.B.

1st method using 10.5.7 vanilla kernel) For those of you who cannot run Hyperthreading after updating to 10.5.7 just run win params cpus=1 or 2 (it worked for me without problems - I used this dsdt.aml dsdt.tar).

2nd method using 10.5.6 vanilla kernel) Change your 10.5.7 kernel and System.kext with the ones in the package and all runs smoothly, with HT on, no more cpus params with a Geekbench score of 1358: Download kernel

Trying to get a retail version of OS X on the D945GCLF with your boot.iso. I am able to boot and install the Retail Leopard disc, but when i try to reboot after the install, it just hangs (grey screen and the loading circle). Any suggestions. Thanks

Hello...well if u read my guide u should know that u have to boot into the newly installed OSX using the boot cd again....

After booting into OSX installa Chamaleon`s boot make the partition active and install the driver pack.

It should boot properly and without any problems.

If u encounter any other problems just contact me..bye

Cheers

Thanks, iSynapse. I've been planning to get one of these Atom boards. A quick question: Will this disk work with the Intel D945GCLF board (also Atom-based, but 25% cheaper)?

here's a link to that board: http://www.amazon.com/Intel-D945GCLF-Essen...8622&sr=8-1

Hi dopeyo,

I think the boot cd will work, as for the drivers hmm i think not...cuz the Intel D945GCLF has different ID`s. Anyway 99% on intel Intel D945GCLFx should work OOB, video QE/CI supported blocked at 1024x748 (u`ll have to force it with efi strings), audio with Azalia (i think i saw someone made fully workin drivers for the Intel D945GCLF) and the rest well will work for sure.

you shoul read the topic something about a mac under 250$

Cheers

Trying to get a retail version of OS X on the D945GCLF with your boot.iso. I am able to boot and install the Retail Leopard disc, but when i try to reboot after the install, it just hangs (grey screen and the loading circle). Any suggestions. Thanks

After applying the driver pack I reboot and just get a black screen with the cursor. Desktop never loads.

After applying the driver pack I reboot and just get a black screen with the cursor. Desktop never loads.

Try to boot in safe mode (-x) and repairing the permissions of the extensions. If u do no succed i`ll upload the drivers separately and u`ll have to install them manualy.

Try to boot in safe mode (-x) and repairing the permissions of the extensions. If u do no succed i`ll upload the drivers separately and u`ll have to install them manualy.

Not sure why I didn't think to repair the permissions on my own.. oh well. I did it but with the same results, black screen with the mouse cursor. I must be doing something wrong.

I used default BIOS, have the dual core atom board, SATA WD HD and Lite-On SATA DVD with 2gb RAM.

Update:

I was able to pull the kext files out of the premade package file. I installed each one individually and now everything works. Not sure why, but it does. Thanks again for making the package. :D

Not sure why I didn't think to repair the permissions on my own.. oh well. I did it but with the same results, black screen with the mouse cursor. I must be doing something wrong.

I used default BIOS, have the dual core atom board, SATA WD HD and Lite-On SATA DVD with 2gb RAM.

Update:

I was able to pull the kext files out of the premade package file. I installed each one individually and now everything works. Not sure why, but it does. Thanks again for making the package. :smoke:

Your welcome. It was my pleasure.

As soon as i find something good for the audio i`ll do a second release.

If anyone has something good to use for the audio of the D945GCLF2 please let us know...thx

hey iSynapse, you couldn't have timed this better. im considering selling my appletv to buy this board and install Leopard on it :smoke:

great guide, and thanks for the package.

just to double check one thing - you're saying the S-Video output works under Leopard? have you tried it attached to an SD tv? does it give horrible interlace flicker, or is it smoothed?

does it give you standard TV resolutions like 480i, 576i etc?

hey iSynapse, you couldn't have timed this better. im considering selling my appletv to buy this board and install Leopard on it ;)

great guide, and thanks for the package.

just to double check one thing - you're saying the S-Video output works under Leopard? have you tried it attached to an SD tv? does it give horrible interlace flicker, or is it smoothed?

does it give you standard TV resolutions like 480i, 576i etc?

Hi munky....i`ve only tryed using the vga output on the plasma and it worked just great...as for the S-Video i dunno...i`ll try it tomorrow and post an update of the result.

If it works the only issue will be the audio...it works only in stereo...with no mic or input :)

With this post...i would like to tell all of you that i`ve posted in the first post the kext separately. In case u can`t install using the package try installing the kext directly using osx86 tool or kext helper

As promissed...i did some testing.

Well if you start the pc attached only to the tv via S-Video it starts you can see the bios loading....Apple Logo...and when the dock and other things should appear it remeains with a blue screen like if the pc can`t resolve the resolution or color depth. I tryed changing the resolution putting it to 800x600 (even 600x480) 60Hz...all the same...Maybe there is something to be configured in the video kext.

Anyway as i said before connecting it to the tv via a simple vga cable (monitor cable) it work well (you can even change the resolutions and frequencies)

Cheers

hi

thanks for testing. i did a little digging and it appears the tv-out is powered by the Chrontel CH7021A. will have to see if Natit or similar can somehow get this working under os x.

anyone managed to get this board's s-video output to work under OS X?

Thanks for this guide. I arrived at this point myself after some digging.

However, I also would like to get my s-video output working and it's very hard to find some good info on it.

Has anyone had any success? It's the last thing on my checklist to do.

I didn't see sleep mentioned in this thread or in the attached v1.0 guide. Does anyone have sleep working on this mobo with this retail install? It is reported to work on the D945GCLF thread using kaly 10.5.2...

Thanks-

Sleep works perfect with the Retail install.

First off, Thanks for putting all this together, iSynapse.

My ordered parts will be arriving tomorrow, and this will be my first boot-132 install. My retail disk is 10.5.1. I was wondering if I should follow through with all of the steps in the guide before updating, or should I hold off on installing the kexts until after I update? Also, which method of updating would you recommend? It seems that the "bike town" method is suggested elsewhere. Thanks in advance,

~Aargh

First off, Thanks for putting all this together, iSynapse.

My ordered parts will be arriving tomorrow, and this will be my first boot-132 install. My retail disk is 10.5.1. I was wondering if I should follow through with all of the steps in the guide before updating, or should I hold off on installing the kexts until after I update? Also, which method of updating would you recommend? It seems that the "bike town" method is suggested elsewhere. Thanks in advance,

~Aargh

As this is a retail method, you can apply updates through the normal Apple Software Update process.