Transmission 1.1 and higher

solaar

1 post in this topic

Hi there,

I don't know if it's just me or has anybody else experienced massive problems with Transmission since 1.1? Every new release since then doesn't seem to properly connect to peers. The worst are 1.3 and the latest 1.4. It can't be my config, NIC or router. I just downgraded to 0.96 and everything is back to normal.

What happens with 1.1 and up is that it seems to connect only a couple of seconds to each peer and never stays steady on my capped up and down rates. It keeps jumping from 10-20 KB/s to 0 within a second or so. It also never exceeds 10-20% of my capped rates, ie. my u/l limit is 100KB/s but it never goes beyond 10-20KB/s. The download rate is even worse, remaining at 0 for long periods of time. Now after downgrading to 0.96 it's all good.

I've set the IP of the P2P machine to DMZ in the router. It's basically wide open, so that shouldn't be the problem.

I'm on 10.5.5.

I'm not sure if I'm compromising certain security issues staying on an old release. It's just weird that their upgrades are like a regression.

Any clue is appreciated.

cheers