My system not reboot!

138 posts in this topic

i can't find the values i need to edit

0x8d2b0 is the closest i get to 0x8d2b8

i'm not very good at this.. if i'm doing something wrong.. can someone direct me in the right way

Later Edit:

okay i found out that i was supposed to look for the EB FE90 90 values and i did.. and found.. and after i edited them.. IT WORKED.. thanks a lot.. my hackintosh is starting to shape up :D

post-22786-1146919379_thumb.jpg

Oi Junio, I have the same problem too, but it only pops up every so often. Your english is fien, i only wish my portugues was half as good.

Oi Junio, I have the same problem too, but it only pops up every so often. Your english is fien, i only wish my portugues was half as good.

I thanks Kiko, i only not understanded the word "fien", would be "fine"? Well, but do you speak portuguese?

Itmandan thanks i go first it switch my version for the 10.4.6 and after i go it edit the Hex files. :)

I patched the kernel with no problems, system boots fine, but when i try to restart the pc shuts down, i added the kernel flag "platform=acpi" but nothing changed. I have to add another flag or something?

Thanks!

Guys i now have the version 10.4.6 installed in my computer and now i would like of help for it do my system reboot, i have the HexEditor also, but i not know the than it do.

What the file than i have than it edit and all the remainder.

Guys, sorry for my HexWorkShop (Win32 environment). It was just example; you may use any hexeditor you like, in any environment you like.

Below is shot of HexEditor (www.ex-cinder.com/hexeditor.html) under OSX

kernelhexeditmacos9gx.th.png

At left side - kernel before editing, at right side - after.

My God, this is complicated for me, i no understand nothing. What's the file than i've than it open in hexEditor? The file of the kernel, i find.

Please guys, an tutorial step by step, for than i never more disturb this community with this of new.

have you tried searching google for a tutorial on how to hex edit? there are tons of info on how to do this generally already. maybe you can even find one in your native language to make it easier for you. i don't think anyone really wants to type out a step-by-step tutorial on how to do this. if you have an idea of how to hex edit, the pictures already posted in this thread are all you need to do it.

My God, this is complicated for me, i no understand nothing. What's the file than i've than it open in hexEditor? The file of the kernel, i find.

Please guys, an tutorial step by step, for than i never more disturb this community with this of new.

Ok i thanks Kikos, the than i not understand no is the language and yeah the process, but i go search on google now, but i've many difficulty on it find in my native language, and i find than is impossible, therefore in my country OS X x86 is an novelty still.

Thank you a lot, and if someone will want it do the tutorial, i very thanks.

yeah, man i do speak a bit of Portugues, i think i read somewhere that the restarting inssue was a ACPI power issue or somethin glike that or maybe it was just the sleep function. hex editing shouldnt be so hard. Find a guide in English and then translate it into portugues with babelfish (the verbs might be in the wrong tense but that shouldnt be to much of a problem)

Good Luck :gun:

Yeah, the problem is it find the guide, i not find it in none local.

The instructions in this forum worked for me. My Athlon64 reboots fine now :whistle:

Try this:

1. Open a terminal (Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal).

2. Type the following:

cp /mach_kernel ~/Desktop/mach_kernel
cp /mach_kernel ~/Desktop/mach_kernel_noacpi

3. Download this: 0xED.

4. Install it and run it.

5. Click File -> open by path.

6. Enter the path: /Volumes/<your root disk here>/<your username here>/Desktop/mach_kernel

7. You will see the kernel in hex.

8. Click in the box labelled offset. Type 8D2B8

9. The cursor will move to the correct line.

10. Find the letters EB FE 90 90

11. Replace them with B0 FE E6 64.

12. Save and exit

13. Go back to the terminal

14. Type:

sudo cp ~/Desktop/mach_kernel /
<type your password>

Now type

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

The boot plist file will open. Find the section <string></string> and insert Platform=ACPI so the line looks like this:

<string>Platform=ACPI</string>

Save and exit by pushing Ctrl+X then Y.

15. Now shutdown your computer. When you have restarted it, the shutdown and restart options should both work.

This only works on the 10.4.4 kernel supplied with Myzar's 10.4.4/10.4.5 disk, and Jas' 10.4.6 (I think!). Bottom line check what you're replacing before you do it. If it doesn't match, don't do it!!

Hex editing your kernel without being sure what you are doing is a sure recipe for disaster. If your language is a barrier to understanding the above, I suggest you leave it alone and put up with the problem. If you are still keen, use a fresh install or at least ensure you have backed up your system.

If things do break, try booting from the mach_kernel_noacpi in your Desktop, or copy the kernel back from your boot DVD.

Good luck!!

8. Click in the box labelled offset. Type 8D2B0

9. The cursor will move to the correct line.

On this offset i couldnt find "EB FE 90 90" Im on Jas 10.4.6 dvd

this is my 8D2B0 offset lien

00 EB 18 C7 04 24 D0 F4 3B 00 E8 49 2A F9 FF C7 04 24 00 00 00 00 E8 B1

My God i did the than you say and my system not start. It not load the OS X, it is on infinity loop, where it starting and reboot, starting and reboot. Please with i undo the than i did, for than my system start, i've several files than i not can it lose?

@brockz - Whoops sorry it's 82DB8.

@harrisxml - the second part of step 14 of my guide. The flag goes in com.apple.Boot.plist.

@Junio Vitorino. Obviously you missed the section of my instructions about backing up your system because you can break it if you don't know what you are doing.

Hopefully you did follow the part about backing up your original kernel. (the mach_kernel_noacpi part). If you did, then:

1. Boot your computer. When it the darwin bootloader asks you if you want to enter boot flags, press enter.

2. Type rd=disk1s0 /Users/<your_user_name>/Desktop/mach_kernel_noacpi -v

3. If it boots, open the terminal and type:

sudo cp ~/Desktop/mach_kernel_noacpi /mach_kernel

Then restart your computer. It should be back to normal.

4. If not, we will need to copy the kernel from your boot DVD. Post back if you are still having issues.

Tokyovigilante, i believe than i will need it copy from my dvd, therefore rd=disk1s0 /Users/<your_user_name>/Desktop/mach_kernel_noacpi -v, no functioned.

Please as i can restore the kernel from DVD, i'm despaired, please help me, i no can lose some reports.