My system not reboot!

138 posts in this topic

joblo10

Maybe this picture will help you::

machkernelreboot07td.th.png

At left side - before manipulations, at right side - edited kernel

It works!

I was definatly not doing the good thing, I was adding bytes instead of replacing... works perfect now on my venice A64. I'll remember that an offset location include 4 bytes now :)

Thanks for the help guys :D

Great Job with this. Now I can restart without having to press the button manually. Where the hell was this fix hiding?

NPWSKI:

Thanks for the screenshot. This really helped out because I used "Hex Fiend" and could not search for the actual offset, would not find it. I was able to find the line by seeing what you had highlighted in the screenshot, I just searched for that then compared the lines to make sure I had the right one.

Great Work!!!

Omni, just came back from a trip and haven't tried it yet, but damn, THANKS man!!!!! I've been searching hi and lo for this one for a while. I'm going to print it just in case, and keep it in my safe. :( I didn't remembered who was the author, but did remember seeing it and saying i'll try that later. Thanks, again. Keep up the good work!!! :)

BTW I knew it was one of the big dogs, HEHE!

woof, woof,

this was on the old win2osx.net forum...mach_kernel 10.4.4 , offset 0x8D2BB, put the following bytes: B0 FE E6 64

woof... :(

Is it meaning following?

1. musit find the 10.4.4 mach_kernel form 10.4.4?

2. edit and replace the mach_kernel to my OSX whatever your system's version (Like 10.4.3 or others)?

Thanks to omni and many kind guy.

Hi i have an Intel P4 2.8 and i have not applied the amd enabler patch yet,so the Mach_Kernel doesn't have that line,do you think it is safe to apply the amd enabler just to get a matching kernel to edit ?

I saw someone with an P4 saying it worked but i'm affraid of messing it.

thanks

woof, woof,

this was on the old win2osx.net forum...mach_kernel 10.4.4 , offset 0x8D2BB, put the following bytes: B0 FE E6 64

woof... :)

so the new line should b like THat :D offset 0x8D2BBB0 FE E6 64 ??

or like that :) offset 0xB0 FE E6 64 ??

or something else ??

tanx

found out...you need hex workshop...

Open Terminal: Type

cp /mach_kernel ~/Desktop/mach_kernel

Then Copy file to usb drive and use hex workshop to open above file.

replace: EBFE9090 w/ B0FEE664

Save File

copy file back to the desktop

Then At the Mac open terminal again and type:

sudo cp ~/Desktop/mach_kernel /

you are done.

Guys originally i ask for you than my system not reboot, i am using the 10.4.3 version and Darwin 8.3.1 i386, my processor is an P4 3.0 Prescott with SSE3 and not AMD. And today my system continue without reboot. As i can it resolve this problem please.

Guys originally i ask for you than my system not reboot, i am using the 10.4.3 version and Darwin 8.3.1 i386, my processor is an P4 3.0 Prescott with SSE3 and not AMD. And today my system continue without reboot. As i can it resolve this problem please.

So does ours... this is the only known fix for that reboot problem in OSx86. If is not working, well... it's not working.

There is a file called mach_kernel on your OS X partition. Of course, it's hidden so you have to use Onyx or Cocktail to make invisible files become visible. Then, using a hex editor, you have to open that file and replace some values, as it was mentioned above. THAT IS THE FIX. If it's working, you're lucky. If not... that's it.

This fix did not work for me until i added Platform=ACPI to the Kernel flags at the Darwin boot prompt or by adding it in com.apple.boot.plist located in /library/prefrences/systemconfiguration/ if i did not Specify ACPI it just switched the Shut down and Restart routine, lol, it mad shutdown hang and restart shutdown as normal.

You could also De-Patch a kernel to suit your needs, one that already has the Restart Fix. Has, Base + AMD + CPUID + SSE pacthes apply'd.

found out...you need hex workshop...

Open Terminal: Type

cp /mach_kernel ~/Desktop/mach_kernel

Then Copy file to usb drive and use hex workshop to open above file.

replace: EBFE9090 w/ B0FEE664

Save File

copy file back to the desktop

Then At the Mac open terminal again and type:

sudo cp ~/Desktop/mach_kernel /

you are done.

Thanks!!! :D

I'm very stupid, excuse me guys for my ignorance and if someone no do want it answer, haven't problem, but i'm newbie and i find than i not understanded correctly. Then we would can it end with this for always. Someone than know as it resolve this problem would can it do an tutorial with the steps and the programs than we need for fix this problem.