My system not reboot!

138 posts in this topic

Hi guys, i've a problem with my computer running the OS X x86 10.4.5, therefore i no know because my system not restart, i find than be an problem with the bios configuration, therefore with the Linux it also not restart. :(

Please excuse me for my bad english, if some word no is clear, please question for me, than i go it explain once again. :censored2:

• 2 weeks later...
What is your computer configuration? What sort of mobo do you have?

I had no problems rebooting when using an ASUS P5LD2-VM, but with my current Nforce4 motherboard, my computer hangs on reboot. It shuts down fine though.

c0nfused the configuration the of my computer is an processor Intel Pentium IV 3.0 GHz Prescott, 1024 of RAM memory, HD SATA 40 GB, the mobo is an MSI 661 FM-L.

Do you know if i with himself it correct this problem?

Once somebody found out how to fix that problem. It had something to do with editing (not sure if it was a kext or if a hex editor was needed) a file. Since win2osx is gone that knowledge has been lost. I've tried googling to see if there was a cache of the page but no luck. I wish somebody here remembered that fix and post the info. BTW has nothing to do with EFI, this problem predated the new macs and their loader.

Hi guys, i've a problem with my computer running the OS X x86 10.4.5, therefore i no know because my system not restart, i find than be an problem with the bios configuration, therefore with the Linux it also not restart. :(

Please excuse me for my bad english, if some word no is clear, please question for me, than i go it explain once again. :P

hi,

I think this is a problem with AMD chips that as yet has no fix... sorry.

=V=

woof, woof,

this was on the old win2osx.net forum...mach_kernel 10.4.4 , offset 0x8D2BB, put the following bytes: B0 FE E6 64

woof... :)

Get the F out.. why didn't I see this hack at the old board? Damn, I wasn't paying close enuogh attention I guess.

the person who posted was me, and if you cared to read above, I said 10.4.4 mach_kernel...

so is it all the same for the 10.4.5 kernel as well?

or will it make my computer take a poo.

i dont like stinky smelly poo.

it stinks.

and it smells.

:)

I can't get it to work :(

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong plz

1 - Open mach_kernel (AMD prepatched kernel) for 10.4.4 in HexEdit

2 - Select menu find and GOTO offset 0X8D2BB

3 - Save mach_kernel to a new name like mach_kernel.new to make it writable

4 - Add the following B0 FE E6 64

5 - Save and reboot, at Darwin prompt type mach_kernel.new

When I do this, as soon as the kernel loads my comp just reboots as if I screwed the kernel.

Do I have to to do the hex with the original mach_kernel from 10.4.4 without any patches applied to it?

Perhaps you are not patching in a proper spot or it's a wrong kernel. Otherwise I am not sure whether this patch interferes with other patches (I run Intel SSE3 so dont need that many patches)

Thanks for replying so fast, :(

Perhaps you are not patching in a proper spot or it's a wrong kernel.

0x8D2BB puts my cursor at that location : A5 1F 00 HERE EB FE 90 90 90

Do you have the same? No matter I use the original mach_kernel from 10.4.4 or AMD prepatched, I get the same bytes.

Perhaps you are not patching in a proper spot or it's a wrong kernel. Otherwise I am not sure whether this patch interferes with other patches (I run Intel SSE3 so dont need that many patches)

oh great, i missed this tweak on the old board, it works great ,now i don't have to find and hit the reset button to reboot on my nforce3 mobo

Thx Omni !