IE6 on Darwine!

11 posts in this topic

I've been fooling around with Q, Wintel and Darwine -- everything in order to get IE6 working on my Mac, so I don't have to reboot every once in a while when working on websites.

Darwine is most elegant by far, at least memory consuming etc so it would be really great to have it working...

Any ideas?

If u were more careful with reading my post, u'd see that i need it for web development. So I want IE6 running exactly because it is a *bad browser*.

sorry but IE 5 for mac is nowhere near IE 6.0 for PC. In my case I would need IE for checking layouts...

@ibookster

U sure u quoted right person? I've never mentioned IE5:Mac because development for it has stopped and there is no reason to develop web for that browser. IE6 is still most used browser and that is what i need....

@Mashugly

I tried Q. After two hours of installing, I gave up. I only have 512 MB of RAM. Downloading now Parallels and will see if it is less resources thirsty...

Darwine would be still most elegant solution since it uses far less system resources... Dreamweaver, Photoshop and another OS emulator is such a system killer combination!

I am waiting on the next release of darwine b4 I make any attempts at this. I tried breifly but then was informed that the current darwine release has a network problem. So hopefully once that issue is fixed we can get started on this. I am currently trying to get together a list of frameworks and dlls that will help. Maybee if you join me in the #darwine channel on irc.macspeak.net we can get some work done.

Thanks,

Sportman

I tried copying really whole bunch of stuff from the real windows into darwine drive and always get the same error.

I think it is good to aim running IE even on this release. When next release is out we have working solution.

Will join u on irc, although do not have much experience with irc so give me few days to find software for irc etc.