EEEPC 701 and LEOPARD 10.5.5 my dream now it's TRUE!

djoser

292 posts in this topic

wont even comment on the last one...

anyhow the thing v3.1 u are searching for is not impossible to find i'd suggest to google it better, the key part of the process is "think like a russian"

ah btw tried the first one it was a blast, just impossible to make any kext change that everytin falls apart, i'll try 3.1 when it finishes dl

for anyone who is interested - I have Snow on my 701. The SSE2/3 Qoopz kernel works just fine... but there are a few fixes needed. Firstly - there is no keyboard, mouse, clock (!), battery or internal SSD support. I'm messing with my Hac desktop at the minute, but I'll post updates as I get further along (and might release SnowEeeV1 :-)).

Why release Snow for 701? Because it fits in 2.5GB with very, very little work :-)

• 5 weeks later...

A few things regarding a 4GB installation...

1. Tried eeeLeopard3.1 on my 900, after installation it boots to a black screen. -v doesn't help because it's crashing right after the gfx are initialized. Please help!

2. Tried the Macos_901.tib that's floating around, seems to work well but a lot of apps are removed and the GMA900 is not properly supported.

What I'm about to try is upgrading an iPC installation to 10.5.8, and then comparing it with the 4GB 10.5.6 releases to see what I need to remove in order to get it to fit on the 4GB SSD.

I REALLY JUST HOPE WE CAN GET SNOW WORKING THOUGH :)

for anyone who is interested - I have Snow on my 701. The SSE2/3 Qoopz kernel works just fine... but there are a few fixes needed. Firstly - there is no keyboard, mouse, clock (!), battery or internal SSD support. I'm messing with my Hac desktop at the minute, but I'll post updates as I get further along (and might release SnowEeeV1 :-)).

Why release Snow for 701? Because it fits in 2.5GB with very, very little work :-)

Great news!!!! All the community will appreciate your work.

I'm stuck at the moment with a 10.5.5 version....does anyone know a safe way to upgrade to 10.5.8 on 701 without reinstall everything??

byez

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on Snow Leopard for 701? Would be very interested in a how-to :P

Found a driver that works for the internal drive! :) I have Snow running off a pen drive at the minute. I haven't got a battery driver just yet, and the clock still wont work.

Wow! Can't wait for some news on this!

Like to see snow runnin' on my eee701! I need the space on my internal ssd :-)

Keep the good work up! If you can upload your current version i'll try to help you!

Greets and thumbs up!

Phil

Well it isn't in the form of an install DVD. I could either post instructions or an image of the install...

by the way - Snow takes 2.4GB when slimmed down (and with a few apps running from SD)

Think an image would be the easiest way.

Whats working and whats not?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Could somebody post a how-to for SL on 701 ??

How did you slimmed down the OS? What is working and what is not?

Maybe somebody could even upload an ISO on megaupload / rapidshare etc.??

I've got some freetime and my 701 needs an update from 10.5 to 10.6 :-)

Please help me!

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

UPDATE 23/02/2009

Installed iDeneb v.1.4 10.5.6

Tested ExpressCard ADATA 32GB Model: E704 (TOO SLOW i think a 1.8" HD USB is the best solution for me)

What to select during install (from another pc):

Chipset

ICHx Fixed

Kernel

Kernel 9.5.0 Voodoo

Fix

Seatbelt Fix

BatteryManager Fix

Video

Intel GMA 900

When install is finished attach an external monitor to your eeepc or the system says you that your resolution it's not enough for doing the initial configuration steps... (USE TAB AND SPACE for complete these steps)

Boot from usb hd with: -v -f

If you receive errors with AppleDecrypt use the attached kext from iatkos dvd.

I'm testing it right now!

Install all software updates

-----

ciao a tutti...

mi servirebbe un aiuto, ieri sull'asus eeepc 701 ho installato ideneb v 1.,4, al primo avvio funzionava ma dal secondo in poi si blocca sempre alla schermata grigia cn la mela e dopo qualche minuto si spegne da solo, ho avviato in modalità verbose e ho fotografato la schermata nel momento in cui si blocca, allego questa foto...se magari c'è qualcuno che potrebbe aiutarmi ve ne sarei molto grato....grazie in anticipo...

ps: nn riesco a trovare la sezione del forum in cui presentarci...qualcuno potrebbe dirmi dov'è?? grazie mille..=)

post-698570-1292609381_thumb.jpg