Bad 10.5.5 update

lezard

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Until yesterday, I had a fully - almost - working Kalyway Leopard 10.5.4 on my PackardBell PC.

Until I need to update to 10.5.5 using apple software update. ( I read somewhere that it worked fine, but not on every platform it seems ).

Now I'm having this message again and again, everytime I boot : "You need to restart your computer...."

Can someone tell me what I can do to make it work - in the best case -, or what I can do to be able to get to the previous version without losing my data? ;)

Thanks in advance.

Hello again,

Got one step further, by launching the Kalyway10.5.2 install and removing the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

But now when I boot with -x -v -f, I have the blue screen and the mouse that appears after the white apple screen. All it says is : 'login window application started' again and again and again.

What's wrong? Any idea?

Please, I cannot be the only one to have this "login window application started" problem? I really need to make it work back and retrieve my work. I tried so many things with no success, -x -v -f -s options, different kernels, tried stuff like "/morevideocards" and so on...

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys,

Until yesterday, I had a fully - almost - working Kalyway Leopard 10.5.4 on my PackardBell PC.

Until I need to update to 10.5.5 using apple software update. ( I read somewhere that it worked fine, but not on every platform it seems ).

Now I'm having this message again and again, everytime I boot : "You need to restart your computer...."

Can someone tell me what I can do to make it work - in the best case -, or what I can do to be able to get to the previous version without losing my data? :)

Thanks in advance.

See here for a comprehensive guide