Via VT1708 [SOLVED!]

leoprell

5 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

AFter googled a long time and yet no answer for my little trouble, i will request some help here.

The problem is that my via vt1708 audio card does not work properly in my installation (ideneb). It is usign azalia audio, and the lefy speaker soudns ok but the right one almost explode with noise.

Ive tried using applehdapatcher with the codec dumped from ubuntu, but it says that the codecis not supported.

Also i tried to patch my own applehda,kext using those tutorials found here in the forum, but they're a bit hard for a noob like me.

Is there any solution?

My codec dumped is below, and its a little bit strange since its a notebook and i dont have ext mic rear, ext mic front...its all onboard (mic and speaker)

Anyone could helpe me with any solutions?

Any help will be thankfull!

Thanks in advance!!

via_vt1708.txt

Hello guys,

AFter googled a long time and yet no answer for my little trouble, i will request some help here.

The problem is that my via vt1708 audio card does not work properly in my installation (ideneb). It is usign azalia audio, and the lefy speaker soudns ok but the right one almost explode with noise.

Ive tried using applehdapatcher with the codec dumped from ubuntu, but it says that the codecis not supported.

Also i tried to patch my own applehda,kext using those tutorials found here in the forum, but they're a bit hard for a noob like me.

Is there any solution?

My codec dumped is below, and its a little bit strange since its a notebook and i dont have ext mic rear, ext mic front...its all onboard (mic and speaker)

Anyone could helpe me with any solutions?

Any help will be thankfull!

Thanks in advance!!

ok i have the solution for you i use the same card install alc888 drivers then use this package

extrac the zip install the package and reboot :)

To_Fix_OSX86_Sound.zip

ok i have the solution for you i use the same card install alc888 drivers then use this package

extrac the zip install the package and reboot ;)

Lets see if it works... Im going to test it right now.

If im not wrong, i may set to install ALC888 in the instalation, right? Or theres a method to install it later?

Well, it didnt work for em. From right speaker, i still listen just noise. Left speaker is ok.

Any guess?

Steps i did: Clean install using alc888. After instalation, no sound at all. Then, installed Azalia and sound works just like before: Left speaker--> OK and Right Speaker--> NOISE