Voodoo XNU Kernel - Release Candidate .. released ;-)

mercurysquad

Success vs. Failure of RC1  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Has Voodoo RC1 been working well for you?

• Absolutely
    • Some issues, nothing major
    • No. I have major issues.

271 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm on an AMD Athlon 64 (3000). Here (I have to add -legacy when booting, of course) everything that didn't work with other kernels now works (iCal, Zipping files etc.) except it broke one thing for me: on XCode breakpoints are ignored.

I tried everything: reinstalled the developer tools and tried with clean projects, checked for project settings etc.

Any hint of what could be?

-c.

UPDATE: I was testing the RC. Now I've tested on final. Same problem. The system is 10.5.5 and I'm using the matching system.kext.

many things are working better on my amd machine but i too have had 4 or 5 KP on my system. MS office apps are causing panics and lock up the machine and i have to reboot. aperture and vectorworks are also causing problems. i am still running 10.5.2 - i will back up tomorrow and try an update. more later!

Hi guys,

I am having problems getting this to work in VMware (VMware server to be exact)

I am running a dual proc 3.2 Ghz Xeon server, running Windows 2003 Server x64.

Everytime I boot up with the voodoo kernel in VMware, I get a reset loop.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi guys,

I am having problems getting this to work in VMware (VMware server to be exact)

I am running a dual proc 3.2 Ghz Xeon server, running Windows 2003 Server x64.

Everytime I boot up with the voodoo kernel in VMware, I get a reset loop.

Any ideas?

Thanks

First of all, use the latest Release 1.0 of the kernel, not the beta or RC.

Release 1.0 should work with VMware without any extra configuration. If not, try busratio= bootflag (refer to documentation).

First of all, use the latest Release 1.0 of the kernel, not the beta or RC.

Release 1.0 should work with VMware without any extra configuration. If not, try busratio= bootflag (refer to documentation).

Thanks I will give it a shot and report back.

• 3 weeks later...

I encountered the following kernel panic when shutting down while on battery power. I'm using Release 1.

Please see my my signature for basic configuration. Note also I've installed Chun-Nan's IOPCMCIAFamily.kext, MacFuse/NTFS-3G and full complement of printer drivers from Leopard DVD. See attached image of kernel panic (sorry for the poor image).

post-320380-1231051340_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi, I installed in my AMD, I also installed the video kext, sound and network....

but some things hurt pendants ....

But, he detects like Intel Core Solo, SB didn't work and nor PS2...

Do I have to carry more some kext??

my hardware is:

ASUS A8N-SLI SE

A64 3500+ Venice

2GB ram ddr 400mhz

SATA 250Gb seagate

Geforce 7300Gt

thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I am trying to install 10.5.5 to my old Dell 4600. In that tutorial, someone posted a link to this thread. After reading it, I am not really sure what the purpose of the "Voodoo XNU Kernel" is. Can someone give me a quick overview of what of it is and what the purpose of it is?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I am trying to install 10.5.5 to my old Dell 4600. In that tutorial, someone posted a link to this thread. After reading it, I am not really sure what the purpose of the "Voodoo XNU Kernel" is. Can someone give me a quick overview of what of it is and what the purpose of it is?

Thanks

if you follow the link on the first post you get all your questions answered and more. there is even a manual for the voodoo kernel.