Atheros AR5007 working but not perfect. Heres the guide.

oldmaclover

430 posts in this topic

i don't understand why this driver don't' work correctly -:)-

jinnggoff if you us -f then always work??

IMPORTANT EDIT:

if i try this sequence, wifi work:

1. repair permissions

2. delete mkext file

3. install io80211family.kext

4. don't reboot and open kismac

if i restart the sistem, wifi return don't work :(

i can't reinstal always the driver every time XD asdasdasd

plz you have a solution?

EDIT: if i run vanilla kernel with -f, the loading crash always

so that each boot, wifi can work

input the boot flag in the terminal, such as this

$ sudo nano / Library / Preferences/ SystemConfiguration/ com.apple.boot.plist

<key> Kernel </ key>

<string> mach_kernel </ string>

<key> Kernel Flags </ key>

<string>-f </ string>

and do not forget to install the kernel Voodoo final release.

Hey guys, i have a toshiba u300 with atheros 5007EG with 168c,001c... I tired installing the IOfamily kext, but my computer did not fully detect the card, and thus i don't have Airport detecting my card...

I tired deleting the mkext before installation but still no success

i 755 permission repaired it also...

however funny thing is that leopard kinda detects my wireless card as en1 in network, but when i go into airport settings (this is in system profiler), it says "no information about this card"....

The vendor ID and device ID i got from window vista device manager.. not really sure if it's right or not...

really need some help with the kext detectin my card... :blink:... what could be the problem?

Thanks for the help!

so that each boot, wifi can work

input the boot flag in the terminal, such as this

$ sudo nano / Library / Preferences/ SystemConfiguration/ com.apple.boot.plist

<key> Kernel </ key>

<string>-f </ string>

and do not forget to install the kernel Voodoo final release.

sorry I forgot to say 1 thing important.

dsdt must in the first Correct.

I try several times, 99% wifi can

work with acer one a150

you're a genius i've installed voodoo kernel and add flag -f in boot.plist now on my samsung nc10 i always see the network...but there is only a problem sometimes i select it but wifi can't connect if i installed dsdt i fix this?

in my aspire one with vanilla kernel i have this:

<key> Kernel </ key>

<string>cpus=1 -f </ string> <------with this string wifi don't work

i have try to leave the -f, but the result is the same

i have other problem...if the wifi work, next time that i restart, my kernel go in panic when i turn off my computer... i need to reinstall and remove appleHDAController.kext for fix it else my audio card don't work

On Toshiba NB 100, iatkos v5, voodoo kernel, with the -f string added to the boot.plist works even after rebooting.

Although I just bought an Atheros card from a broken Macbook, it looks I don't need it. Anyway I didn't really like the idea of opening my little Toshi. :(

Thank you guys :(

Yeah, same problem here. The card is detected, but cant find any networks. Please help.

AR5007EG (168c:001c)

iDeneb 10.5.5

Voodoo kernel

Airport Extreme update 2008-004

The kext at the beginning of this thread.

Still, not working :(

important think, try fix your DSDT !!!!

because without DSDT fix, my wifi cannot work

Hello, right this is my first post on this forum so go easy! Basically, i've recently installed OS X 10.5.5 (ideneb version) and everything works pretty well, except Front Row but thats another story! Anyway, OS X refuses to recognise my Atheros AR5007EG. I've been through the updating Airport, changing the Kext through kext helper, and then searching through Kismac, but i cannot see any networks and OS X cant recognise the card! I've tried finding the card in System Profiler and then in Network preferences, but it's not listed! I've tried the whole routine at least ten times now with no success!

Fortunately i'm dual booting with Windows Vista at the moment, and wireless works perfectly in that just refuses to work in OS X. I'm really enjoying using OS X for everything and the only reason forcing me to use Vista regularly is that Wi-Fi doesn't work! Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? As its getting very annoying having to switch back to Vista just to use the internet!

Thanks in advance.

it has been a frustrating weekend ... trying to fix my wifi connection after installing some programs...

i have now restored my mac from previous installation. the wifi works straightaway even after reboot. i am going to back it up to another partition and try installing some programs to see if the programs really affecting the wifi ... btw, i m keen to try on the dsdt thingy ... thanks jinnggoff

Ok.i need help please...

I'm trying to set up wi-fi on my NC10..but i can't

I'd like to remove all installed things except the airport extreme update but how?

I need to remove the kext files but the things written here confuse me...i'v tried every post and can't get it too work..

So what i'm asking for is a guide how to remove everything..and then,

A detailed quide of how to:

Get wi-fi using little or no terminal commands,and very detailed descriptionsof how to repairs commands

Thanks!

important think, try fix your DSDT !!!!

because without DSDT fix, my wifi cannot work

Thanks, jinnggoff...here's the update.

Now installed iATKOS 5i, with pci_ef9 bootloader with dsdt patch.

Next, installed airport update and then installed kext and then kismac...and i was able to scan!!

however, on reboot, and after repeating same procedure, i couldnt get it to work....:). Errors:

unable to reset hardware; hal status 67

ath_chan_set: unable to reset channel #.

:)

sorry, I must repeat again,

to be more clear and easy to follow.

this step by step:

1. followed step by step tutorial first

2. so that each boot, wifi can work,

add boot flag with -f, in the terminal, such as this

$ Sudo nano / Library / Preferences / SystemConfiguration / com.apple.boot.plist

<key> Kernel </ key>

<string>-f </ string>

3. install the latest voodoo kernel released

4. fix dsdt with Fassl guide

I try several times, 99% wifi can

work with acer one a150

Hey jinnggoff, I tried your method, but my card still isn't detected.. well, when I load leopard, it detects it for like 2 second, and then dissappears.... I wonder what is wrong :D

BTW, about fixing DSDT, do you just click the installer script and then DSDT will be fixed? or do you have to move the .aml file somewhere.. i can't find the .aml file anywhere..

sorry to be n00b

jinnggoff > I think your method works with your laptop, maybe not for every laptop. On my Acer 2920z, everything is working fine, I've just followed the first post of the topic and done a little testing. FYI, I'm running iATKOS v4i with a Vanilla kernel 9.5.0, and I haven't done the DSDT thing.

RT91 > to remove every installed thing, just delete the IO80211Family.kext. And may I remind you that you're hacking to install OSX on a non-Apple machine, so don't expect everything to be doable easily! Learn Terminal.app, it's a powerful macintosh application. If you don't want to have to deal with the repair commands, google 'kexthelper'.

induscreep > I haven't tried iATKOS v5, nor iDeneb so I can't really help you about that. May I repeat that you don't have to install again the Airport Extreme Update on every reboot? Just delete the .mkext and reboot again before starting Kismac.

hi jinggoff and w3c.org, do you use a program called shade? do u experience any problems after installing new programs?

my wifi is working alright ... after reboot or shutdown, i just run kismac again and it will detect the network ... i will make a backup of it after i am sure that it is really working good and then try to install some programs and meddling the shade program to see if the wifi still works ..

palomu: what version of osx86 u used?

i suggest that everyone do a 'repair disk permission' before and after the installation of kexts ... also, after every installation of new programs ...

gosh, why mac suggests its users to repair disk permission every time a new program is installed? isn't that kind of time consuming?