• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

kafatson

kafatson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
i have an hp pavilion dv6607nr. with two drives partitioned one with vista and the other one is unallocated.

here is my specs:
1.7 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 TK53 Mobile Technology
NVIDIA GeForce 7150M
Altec Lansing speakers

i've tried iaktos, but it froze at the apple screen.

One of my problems is that i cannot get kalyway 10.5.2 to see my drive on the installing part. it only sees my dvd...
i've also changed the unallocated to fat32, but its still not reading my hard drive. i've read in the forums that i might have to change my bios to ahci mode, but hp has this phoenix bios that doesn't change any harddrives... is there any other way..

xx66stangxx

xx66stangxx

Keepin' forum peace

• Moderators
  • 389 posts
  • Interests:Technology
Have you tried setting your hdd as master and dvd as slave

kafatson

kafatson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
how to u go by doing that? is that like setting in bios? where hard drive loads before dvd? if it is that then i've tried that already
besides i don't think this will work because its a laptop

xx66stangxx

xx66stangxx

Keepin' forum peace

• Moderators
  • 389 posts
  • Interests:Technology
Sorry I should have read your laptop specs, I thought that it was a desktop. So your hard drive doesn't show up in disc utility at setup?

kafatson

kafatson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
no the hard drive doesn't show up, only the dvd does

bradL

bradL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
I have an HP6700 and I used Leo4all 4.1 and it shows my hdd.

kafatson

kafatson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
okay i'll try that

kafatson

kafatson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
leo4all didn't work... i get to the hard drive and when i want to erase it and partition as mac osx journal it goes to these striped lines. what does that mean?

mainecrab

mainecrab

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Basically these laptops are not good for installing OSX. If you really want to pursue this start researching no one is gonna hand feed you information that is already there. Many of us have searched all day and then ask questions. Installing OSX isn't easy. If it was everyone would be doing it. Buy or use the correct hardware will make live alot easier. I have this same laptop and leave Vista on it cause its not worth it. So many things to do to get it to work. no video acceleration. If you wanna be busy search DV6000

kafatson

kafatson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
mainecrab first of all don't spam on my topic, also don't talk like you know me. I've been searching and researching for like a week now 24/7, and don't come in here and bull {censored} about u having the same laptop because u don't.

mainecrab

mainecrab

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
http://forum.insanel...p;hl=dv9000 amd

If you searched. You would have found this thread which is the longest thread about this topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy