ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro (0x94c1)

xomp

55 posts in this topic

In Leopard 10.5.6 retail, with HD 2400 XT 94c1 i have QE/CI activated: I have installed ATIRadeonX2000.kext from a working 10.5.5 installations and Copy/Paste the efistring from the same 10.5.5 installation.

Giorgio

Hi Giorgio, I think you're one of the very few people who've gotten an HD 2400 XT 94c1 to fully work. Would you be kind enough to write a guide on how to get to 10.5.6 from scratch? I just picked up a Gigabyte DS3R and I'm hoping to use it with my existing HD 2400 XT PCIe card.

Thanks.

The 0x94c1 is id for 2400XT

The 0x94c3 is id for 2400PRO

with the method of Demone i have QE/CI and change resolution with 2400XT (0x94c1) on iDeneb 1.3 (10.5.5):

1) Install latest drivers package from http://nvinstaller.com (9f23 as of now): (before installing 9f23.pkg delete your ATIRadeonX2000.kext and every natit.kext, Atyinject.kext, Nvinject.kext)

2) Open EFIStudio and press "Device Path" icon, write "display" into the first textbox and press "Get Path" button, press "To Clipboard" button, close window

3) Still inside EFIStudio select ATI HD2400 (should be selected as its the first of the list), press "Add Device" the Editor appears

4) In the editor replace /plist/dict/key node value (default value is PciRoot(0x0.......) with the one you have in the clipboard (just select old value and paste it over); if the two strings match, skip this step

5) Still inside the editor replace every "Iago" string occurrence (you could find other kind of framebuffers like "Lamna") with "Megalodon" string and every "IagoParent" string with "MegalodonParent" string

6) Still inside the editor press "write to com.apple.boot.plist" button to insert the EFI string in the system

7) Change ATIRadeonX2000.kext to include HD 2400 XT Prod.ID and Ven.ID (mine was 0x94c11002)

8) Wait for kext cache to rebuild, fix permissions with disk utility

9) Reboot

CI/QE should now be enabled

THANK YOU!!! It worked like a charm for m,e, I spent ages trying to get it to work. You, dear sir, are a god

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Giorgio, I think you're one of the very few people who've gotten an HD 2400 XT 94c1 to fully work. Would you be kind enough to write a guide on how to get to 10.5.6 from scratch? I just picked up a Gigabyte DS3R and I'm hoping to use it with my existing HD 2400 XT PCIe card.

Thanks.

For Leopard 10.5.6

1) From a clean installation or upgrade of any 10.5.6 version install this: http://tinyurl.com/9xbf3a

2) Open EFIStudio (if you don't have, download it) and press "Device Path" icon, write "display" into the first textbox and press "Get Path" button, press "To Clipboard" button, close window

3) Still inside EFIStudio select ATI HD2400 (should be selected as its the first of the list), press "Add Device" the Editor appears

4) In the editor replace /plist/dict/key node value (default value is PciRoot(0x0.......) with the one you have in the clipboard (just select old value and paste it over); if the two strings are matching, skip this step

5) Still inside the editor replace every "Iago" string occurrence (you could find other kind of framebuffers like "Lamna") with "Megalodon" string and every "IagoParent" string with "MegalodonParent" string

6) Still inside the editor press "write to com.apple.boot.plist" button to insert the EFI string in the system

7) Delete from /System/Library/Extensions Natit.kext

8) Change ATIRadeonX2000.kext to include HD 2400 XT Prod.ID and Ven.ID ( 0x94c11002 ): put ATIRadeonX2000.kext on the Desktop, then delete it from /System/Library/Extensions; click with right button on ATIRadeonX2000.kext and choose show package content, double click on Contents an open info.plist with text editor; find the string with IOPCIMATCH, next string contains the id of the videocards, put here your device id (0x94c11002) and save, then install this modified kext with kexthelper.

9) Reboot with -v -f

This method works only with 10.5.6

Giorgio

• 2 weeks later...
1) From a clean installation or upgrade of any 10.5.6 version install this: http://tinyurl.com/9xbf3a

2) Open EFIStudio (if you don't have, download it) and press "Device Path" icon, write "display" into the first textbox and press "Get Path" button, press "To Clipboard" button, close window

4) In the editor replace /plist/dict/key node value (default value is PciRoot(0x0.......) with the one you have in the clipboard (just select old value and paste it over); if the two strings are matching, skip this step

8) Change ATIRadeonX2000.kext to include HD 2400 XT Prod.ID and Ven.ID ( 0x94c11002 ): put ATIRadeonX2000.kext on the Desktop, then delete it from /System/Library/Extensions; click with right button on ATIRadeonX2000.kext and choose show package content, double click on Contents an open info.plist with text editor; find the string with IOPCIMATCH, next string contains the id of the videocards, put here your device id (0x94c11002) and save, then install this modified kext with kexthelper.

9) Reboot with -v -f

Giorgio

Works 110%. Your manual solves countless hours of ATI frustration.

Thanks a lot dude. You saved my soul ;-)

Leopard 10.5.6 now runs on my Dell Optiplex 755

- Intel Network Intel 82566DM-2

- AD HD Audio 1984

- ATI HD 2400 XT (94c1) - Dual Heading works!!!

without a hitch. your solution should be used to create a legacy kext (!) which could make this whole shabang much easier for other people.

Kudos, nl2k

are you sure you mean the HD2600PRO ?

I think we are searching for a solution to the HD2400XT...

I mean it works well with my HD2600pro, but there is not only one ID in the plist and I added HD2400XT in it, so give a try, put it in /Extra/Extensions it should work with vanilla kexts in S/L/E if your card doesn't need ATIRadeonX2000 bin patch of course...

For CE/QI in Leopard 10.5.7 with HD2400 XT (94c1):

Download this: 2400xt_10.5.7.zip

From a clean installation of Leopard 10.5.7 or an upgrade:

1) Delete ATIRadeonX2000.kext from /System/Library/Extensions and install with kexthelper the one downloaded;

2) Overwrite com.apple.Boot.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration with the one downloaded (you need root privileges); if you have chameleon 2.0 RC1 you can also overwrite com.apple.Boot.plist in the Extra folder.

reboot with -v -f

QE/CI should be enabled.

Giorgio

Fantastic Giorgio - this worked perfectly with my ati hd 2400 XT (94c1) when nothing else has, CE/QE/QGL all working a treat at 1280x1024!

Thank you very very much, I thought I had bought a {censored} card... but its flying now

fyi - clean ipc v5 10.5.6 install w/ vanilla kernel, updated with 10.5.7 combo updater, replaced sound, disabler, and smbiosresolver kexts, all good

Cheers,

paul

1) Delete ATIRadeonX2000.kext from /System/Library/Extensions and install with kexthelper the one downloaded;

2) Overwrite com.apple.Boot.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration with the one downloaded (you need root privileges); if you have chameleon 2.0 RC1 you can also overwrite com.apple.Boot.plist in the Extra folder.

reboot with -v -f

QE/CI should be enabled.

Giorgio

reboot with -v -f

QE/CI should be enabled.

Giorgio

Will this method also work with 0x94c3 cards?

Will this method also work with 0x94c3 cards?

In Leopard 10.5.5 HD2400 Pro (0x94c3) works with method of el_rocje:

1) Install latest drivers package from http://nvinstaller.com (9f23 as of now)

2) Open EFIStudio and press "Device Path" icon, write "display" into the first textbox and press "Get Path" button, press "To Clipboard" button, close window

4) In the editor replace /plist/dict/key node value (default value is PciRoot(0x0.......) with the one you have in the clipboard (just select old value and paste it over)

5) Still inside the editor replace every "Iago" string occurrence (you could find other kind of framebuffers like "Lamna") with "Megalodon" string

7) Change ATIRadeonX2000.kext to include HD 2400 XT Prod.ID and Ven.ID (mine was 0x94c11002)

8) Wait for kext cache to rebuild, fix permissions with disk utility

9) Reboot

My method for 10.5.7 may works for HD2400 Pro (94c3), obviously you must change in the downloaded ATIRadeonX2000.kext 0x94c1 with 0x94c3 in the info.plist.

Giorgio

• 4 weeks later...
i have a visiontek hd 2400 pro pcie 256mb ram device id was 0x94c1...working with kalyway 10.5.2 and have with iDeneb 10.5.5......on a acer m1100 comp AMD dual core.....but i had to change bios to a ATI HD 2400 Pro PCIe 256mb device id 0x94c3 i found at www.techpowerup.com. and then install the AMD ATI pkg installers from forum but before i reboot change device id to 0x94c3 in kext then reboot.....worked fine but only with DVI out....i just used a dvi2vga adapter....

ATI REDEON HD2400 pcie anable qe

i have a visiontek hd 2400 pro pcie 256mb ram device id was 0x94c1...working with kalyway 10.5.2 and have with iDeneb 10.5.5......on a acer m1100 comp AMD dual core.....but i had to change bios to a ATI HD 2400 Pro PCIe 256mb device id 0x94c3 i found at www.techpowerup.com. and then install the AMD ATI pkg installers from forum but before i reboot change device id to 0x94c3 in kext then reboot.....worked fine but only with DVI out....i just used a dvi2vga adapter....

ATI Radeon HD2400XT (0x94c1) works fine in Leopard from 10.5.5 to 10.5.7, why to flash BIOS as HD2400PRO (0x94c3)?

Giorgio

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
For Leopard 10.5.6

9) Reboot with -v -f

Giorgio

post-388776-1254486095_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Yes the method for 10.5.7 works also with 10.5.8

Giorgio

I know that many people are happy staying in working Leopard systems, and I don't blame you at all. But as I just started trying OSx86, I started with a Snow Leopard system. Install from vanilla DVD onto Dell Optiplex 755, and video is the only thing I don't have working [well enough].

Giorgio, or anyone else, have you tried getting an HD 2400 XT (0x94c1) working in 10.6.0 or 10.6.1? Thanks...

I know that many people are happy staying in working Leopard systems, and I don't blame you at all. But as I just started trying OSx86, I started with a Snow Leopard system. Install from vanilla DVD onto Dell Optiplex 755, and video is the only thing I don't have working [well enough].

Giorgio, or anyone else, have you tried getting an HD 2400 XT (0x94c1) working in 10.6.0 or 10.6.1? Thanks...

Don't works (only resolution change, no QE/CI no OpenCL)

Giorgio

Don't works (only resolution change, no QE/CI no OpenCL)

Resolution change would be a step up, but. The bigger issue for me would be if it supports the dual displays, ideally on DVI, though I could probably do VGA if needed.

I could live without QE/CI for a bit if needed, but I just can't live on only one display...

Thanks.

- Chris

Resolution change would be a step up, but. The bigger issue for me would be if it supports the dual displays, ideally on DVI, though I could probably do VGA if needed.

I could live without QE/CI for a bit if needed, but I just can't live on only one display...

Thanks.

- Chris

I have a 755 as well. I would love to be able to at least get resolution change to work. How can I do this. I've tried but the problem is that after the reboot I get the login screen at high resolution, I enter my password, the screen flashes and it kicks me back to the login screen. Please help guys.

Thanks.

-Luis

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2400 XT, PC running on 10.5.7 (iAtkos v7)

The resolution changed after following the instructions,

no QE support, and when I connect my second screen (both DVI),

one of the screens starts flashing (mostly of the time a blank screen, sometimes my desktop for a second).

what to do now ?

• 9 months later...

Did you guys get this working with snow leopard? I tried really hard and I can't figure it out. The link for the driver is broken and I tried several other things.

I tried to add 0x94c1 the info.plist with the ATIRadeon2x that comes with Snow Leopard, and all I get is a funky screen after reboot...

Should I just go buy a new graphics card? Which one is a good one?

Did you guys get this working with snow leopard? I tried really hard and I can't figure it out. The link for the driver is broken and I tried several other things.

I tried to add 0x94c1 the info.plist with the ATIRadeon2x that comes with Snow Leopard, and all I get is a funky screen after reboot...

Should I just go buy a new graphics card? Which one is a good one?

Hd 2400 (XT and Pro) don't works in Snow.

• 10 months later...