ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro (0x94c1)

xomp

55 posts in this topic

I've spent weeks trying my best to get my VisionTek ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro (0x94c1) working with Mac OSX86 (more exact, Kalyway 10.5.2) and have determined that it just simply isn't possible!

The 0x94c1 Device ID versions of these cards simply won't. All you get it Black & White boxes after reboot.

So, this is just an info thread on the users out there with this card and you're looking to have a decent display within Mac OSX86.

It just is not possible!

Thanks

EDIT:

Thanks to Demone's post I GOT IT WORKING! Thanks to Giorgio-multi for the location of his thread!

i have a visiontek hd 2400 pro pcie 256mb ram device id was 0x94c1...working with kalyway 10.5.2 and have with iDeneb 10.5.5......on a acer m1100 comp AMD dual core.....but i had to change bios to a ATI HD 2400 Pro PCIe 256mb device id 0x94c3 i found at www.techpowerup.com. and then install the AMD ATI pkg installers from forum but before i reboot change device id to 0x94c3 in kext then reboot.....worked fine but only with DVI out....i just used a dvi2vga adapter....

I also have one of those cards... i wouldn't really say won't ever work... but yeah... it's been quite the pain so far.

Right, it works if you like 1024x768 forever lol. Not too mention NO QE/CI or anything :) This card just sucks for Mac!

Right, it works if you like 1024x768 forever lol. Not too mention NO QE/CI or anything :angel: This card just sucks for Mac!

dont be so ignorant developers are busting there nut out there with ati packaging more and more cards are supported with every release ppl are making more and more mobility and x drivers for ati

dont be so ignorant developers are busting there nut out there with ati packaging more and more cards are supported with every release ppl are making more and more mobility and x drivers for ati

I don't think it's a matter of "ignorance" as it is frustration. With so many supposed "working drivers" for this particular card (0x94c1) that actually DO NOT WORK it's easy to get fed up with the card. I'm not angry or upset with the developers in the least, just pissed with ATI lol.

I've spent weeks trying my best to get my VisionTek ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro (0x94c1) working with Mac OSX86 (more exact, Kalyway 10.5.2) and have determined that it just simply isn't possible!

If you say it is possible, I say you're lying and you need to die in a fire. The 0x94c1 Device ID versions of these cards simply won't. All you get it Black & White boxes after reboot.

So, this is just an info thread on the users out there with this card and you're looking to have a decent display within Mac OSX86. It just is not possible!

Thanks

The 0x94c1 is id for 2400XT

The 0x94c3 is id for 2400PRO

with the method of Demone i have QE/CI and change resolution with 2400XT (0x94c1) on iDeneb 1.3 (10.5.5):

1) Install latest drivers package from http://nvinstaller.com (9f23 as of now): (before installing 9f23.pkg delete your ATIRadeonX2000.kext and every natit.kext, Atyinject.kext, Nvinject.kext)

2) Open EFIStudio and press "Device Path" icon, write "display" into the first textbox and press "Get Path" button, press "To Clipboard" button, close window

3) Still inside EFIStudio select ATI HD2400 (should be selected as its the first of the list), press "Add Device" the Editor appears

4) In the editor replace /plist/dict/key node value (default value is PciRoot(0x0.......) with the one you have in the clipboard (just select old value and paste it over); if the two strings match, skip this step

5) Still inside the editor replace every "Iago" string occurrence (you could find other kind of framebuffers like "Lamna") with "Megalodon" string and every "IagoParent" string with "MegalodonParent" string

6) Still inside the editor press "write to com.apple.boot.plist" button to insert the EFI string in the system

7) Change ATIRadeonX2000.kext to include HD 2400 XT Prod.ID and Ven.ID (mine was 0x94c11002)

8) Wait for kext cache to rebuild, fix permissions with disk utility

9) Reboot

CI/QE should now be enabled

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I got my ATI HD 2400 Pro (0x94c3) working with DVI and dual screen with the following methode as described here:

1) Install latest drivers package from http://nvinstaller.com (9f23 as of now) and EFIStudio. (before installing 9f23.pkg delete your ATIRadeonX2000.kext and every natit.kext, Atyinject.kext, Nvinject.kext)

2) Reboot

3) Open EFIStudio and press "Device Path" put "display" into the first textbox and press "Get Path" button, press "To Clipboard" button, close window

4) Still inside EFIStudio select ATI HD2400 - 256MB (should be selected as its the first of the list), press "Add Device" the Editor appears

5) In the editor replace /plist/dict/key node value (default value is PciRoot(0x0.......) with the one you have in the clipboard (just select old value and paste it over): if the 2 values are equal skip this step

6) Still inside the editor replace every "Iago" (4x) string occurrence with "Megalodon" string and every "IagoParent" (2x) string with "MegalodonParent" string

7) Still inside the editor press "write to com.apple.boot.plist" button to insert the EFI string in the system

8) Change ATIRadeonX2000.kext to include HD 2400 PRO Prod.ID and Ven.ID (not directly, put the kext on Desktop, change device id, save it and install with kexthelper) (I use 0x94c31002).

10) Reboot with flags -v -f

CI/QE should now be enabled and DVI

The problem I have is that sometimes I got problems when my computer is connected with DVI, that my

screen (Samsung SyncMaster 2032MW) goes black for a couple of seconds and then everything is alright.

In a couple of minutes (let's say 15) it goes black for 7 times. What I have discoverd is, that when I start

my computer with the flags -v -f everything related with my DVI is gone. Everything is alright!

I have tried to swap the EFI string Megalodon with another (Lamna, Iago) but only the Megalodon

works and give me DVI output.

My question for you guys is, how it is possible that only when I use flags -v -f, that there are no problems with DVI.

Edit: it seems sometimes I still have a black sceen also if i use flags -v -f. What could solve the problem?

Hello!

I got my ATI HD 2400 Pro (0x94c3) working with DVI and dual screen with the following methode as described here:

1) Install latest drivers package from http://nvinstaller.com (9f23 as of now) and EFIStudio. (before installing 9f23.pkg delete your ATIRadeonX2000.kext and every natit.kext, Atyinject.kext, Nvinject.kext)

2) Reboot

3) Open EFIStudio and press "Device Path" put "display" into the first textbox and press "Get Path" button, press "To Clipboard" button, close window

4) Still inside EFIStudio select ATI HD2400 - 256MB (should be selected as its the first of the list), press "Add Device" the Editor appears

5) In the editor replace /plist/dict/key node value (default value is PciRoot(0x0.......) with the one you have in the clipboard (just select old value and paste it over): if the 2 values are equal skip this step

6) Still inside the editor replace every "Iago" (4x) string occurrence with "Megalodon" string and every "IagoParent" (2x) string with "MegalodonParent" string

7) Still inside the editor press "write to com.apple.boot.plist" button to insert the EFI string in the system

8) Change ATIRadeonX2000.kext to include HD 2400 PRO Prod.ID and Ven.ID (not directly, put the kext on Desktop, change device id, save it and install with kexthelper) (I use 0x94c31002).

10) Reboot with flags -v -f

CI/QE should now be enabled and DVI

The problem I have is that sometimes I got problems when my computer is connected with DVI, that my

screen (Samsung SyncMaster 2032MW) goes black for a couple of seconds and then everything is alright.

In a couple of minutes (let's say 15) it goes black for 7 times. What I have discoverd is, that when I start

my computer with the flags -v -f everything related with my DVI is gone. Everything is alright!

I have tried to swap the EFI string Megalodon with another (Lamna, Iago) but only the Megalodon

works and give me DVI output.

My question for you guys is, how it is possible that only when I use flags -v -f, that there are no problems with DVI.

Edit: it seems sometimes I still have a black sceen also if i use flags -v -f. What could solve the problem?

Here is the Photos of the DVI_HDMI cable:

cable.zip

dvi.zip

hdmi.jpg.zip

Here is the Photos of the DVI_HDMI cable:

cable.zip

dvi.zip

hdmi.jpg.zip

I have received the DVI-HDMI cable and connected my computer

and it is working. But now I don't use the DVI-HDMI cable because

the resolutions provided with the DVI-HDMI cable aren't working

properly. I use once again a DVI2VGA converter to see anything

on my lcd screen. I want to thank Giorgio for his help. I will wait for

a driver for the ATI HD2400 Pro with properly working DVI.

Now I have to do with the Demone method.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I still have problems to get the CI/QE with the 2400XT using your instructions

After performing all the steps you described, I could change the display resolution (thanks!) but I didn't get QE

- Dell GX280, internal Graphic but I plugged in a ATI 2400XT

- iDeneb 10.5.5

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac

Model Identifier: OptiPlex GX280

Processor Name: Intel® Celeron® CPU

Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz

Total Number Of Cores: 1

L2 Cache: 256 KB

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM SSE3 MON DSCPL TM2 CID CX16 TPR

Memory: 1 GB

Bus Speed: 533 MHz

ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 2400

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x94c1

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B1480A-236

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.236

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Display Connector:

System profiler tells me that the ATY_Megalodon extension is loaded.

But I cannot find the X2000 extension in the list ??.

Since I am a beginner with OSX and now at loss, can you give me some advice how to proceed and fix ?

sp-am

Hello,

I still have problems to get the CI/QE with the 2400XT using your instructions

After performing all the steps you described, I could change the display resolution (thanks!) but I didn't get QE

- Dell GX280, internal Graphic but I plugged in a ATI 2400XT

- iDeneb 10.5.5

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac

Model Identifier: OptiPlex GX280

Processor Name: Intel® Celeron® CPU

Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz

Total Number Of Cores: 1

L2 Cache: 256 KB

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM SSE3 MON DSCPL TM2 CID CX16 TPR

Memory: 1 GB

Bus Speed: 533 MHz

ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 2400

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x94c1

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B1480A-236

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.236

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Core Image: Software

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Display Connector:

System profiler tells me that the ATY_Megalodon extension is loaded.

But I cannot find the X2000 extension in the list ??.

Since I am a beginner with OSX and now at loss, can you give me some advice how to proceed and fix ?

sp-am

Move to trash your ATIRadeonX2000.kext and install this: ATIRadeonX2000.kext.zip with Kexthelper and reboot with -v -f

Good luck Giorgio

Hi,

I also have an ATI Radeon 2400 XT (0x94c1) 256 MB, with Leo4all 10.5.2.

I only have one resolution without QE/CI.

I have tried what had been suggested with an iDeneb installation, but iDeneb 10.5.5 does not work well with my configuration (Dell Optiplex 740), so I got back to Leo4all.

I am going to try Nekas' Natit, but if you have other suggestions, they will be welcome (just a bit afraid to flash my card for now).

Thanks and all the best,

Don

Hi,

I also have an ATI Radeon 2400 XT (0x94c1) 256 MB, with Leo4all 10.5.2.

I only have one resolution without QE/CI.

I have tried what had been suggested with an iDeneb installation, but iDeneb 10.5.5 does not work well with my configuration (Dell Optiplex 740), so I got back to Leo4all.

I am going to try Nekas' Natit, but if you have other suggestions, they will be welcome (just a bit afraid to flash my card for now).

Thanks and all the best,

Don

ATI Radeon HD2400 XT 94c1 works in leopard only with 10.5.5

Sorry.

Giorgio

Move to trash your ATIRadeonX2000.kext and install this: ATIRadeonX2000.kext.zip with Kexthelper and reboot with -v -f

Good luck Giorgio

Hello Giorgio

Thanks a lot! With your assistance I fixed it now !!!

Best Regards

sp-am

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

• 1 month later...

Good luck Giorgio

Hello Giorgio,

I played around with the new version iDENEB 1.4 (10.5.6) but the procedure above fails.

Finally the display freezes at the main screen, the mouse can be moved but drives and the top line are not displayed anymore. Do you have any hint for me ?

Regards

sp-am

Hello Giorgio,

I played around with the new version iDENEB 1.4 (10.5.6) but the procedure above fails.

Finally the display freezes at the main screen, the mouse can be moved but drives and the top line are not displayed anymore. Do you have any hint for me ?

Regards

sp-am

I am getting the same thing under 10.5.5. I have tried the installer out there for the 2400XT from LastExile but I get werid/blocky unusable screen that is not high resolution. With this if I start in safe mode The display is "PERFECT" at 1920x1080. No QE but resolution is great. Anyone got any ideas why the display would work great in safe mode but not in the regular? I thought in safe mode it would always use a really basic mode. Or does anyone know how to do what the safe mode is doing in the regular mode?

This card and the 3450 are a pain in the but (I can't get that one to work either). But I think they are the only low profile cards that I know of with dual DVI or DVI and HDMI.

I am getting the same thing under 10.5.5. I have tried the installer out there for the 2400XT from LastExile but I get werid/blocky unusable screen that is not high resolution. With this if I start in safe mode The display is "PERFECT" at 1920x1080. No QE but resolution is great. Anyone got any ideas why the display would work great in safe mode but not in the regular? I thought in safe mode it would always use a really basic mode. Or does anyone know how to do what the safe mode is doing in the regular mode?

This card and the 3450 are a pain in the but (I can't get that one to work either). But I think they are the only low profile cards that I know of with dual DVI or DVI and HDMI.

Hello

with Giorgios patching sequence I have no problems go get a better resolution and QE enabled.

My problem is now the 10.5.6

The first part is ok and gives resolution but the 2nd part (replacing the Atiradeonx2000.kext) freezes the display after the reboot as mentioned before, maybe the icons are visible and the mouse moves but thats all, no reaction anymore.

I hoped that the 10.5.6 would allow the same QE and resolution like the 10.5.5 but it seems I am too stupid to fix it.

Regards

sp-am

Hi guys!

Joining you with ASUS 2400 PRO with composite TV output and iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5.

10.5.6 didn't work for me but for other reasons (LAN didn't work, though the driver was the same).

I've tried the fix discussed here and got CI/QE, but still don't have DVI... Any new developments?

I need this very much since my Toshiba fullHD lcd will only support 1920x1080 through HDMI - for VGA 1280x1024 is the max.

I have the same HDMI-DVI cable.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello

with Giorgios patching sequence I have no problems go get a better resolution and QE enabled.

My problem is now the 10.5.6

The first part is ok and gives resolution but the 2nd part (replacing the Atiradeonx2000.kext) freezes the display after the reboot as mentioned before, maybe the icons are visible and the mouse moves but thats all, no reaction anymore.

I hoped that the 10.5.6 would allow the same QE and resolution like the 10.5.5 but it seems I am too stupid to fix it.

Regards

sp-am

Has anyone found a fix for this? The screen freezing in "normal mode" but its fine in safe mode?

thanks

dp

In Leopard 10.5.6 retail, with HD 2400 XT 94c1 i have QE/CI activated: I have installed ATIRadeonX2000.kext from a working 10.5.5 installations and Copy/Paste the efistring from the same 10.5.5 installation.

Giorgio

• 2 weeks later...
The 0x94c1 is id for 2400XT

The 0x94c3 is id for 2400PRO

with the method of Demone i have QE/CI and change resolution with 2400XT (0x94c1) on iDeneb 1.3 (10.5.5):

1) Install latest drivers package from http://nvinstaller.com (9f23 as of now): (before installing 9f23.pkg delete your ATIRadeonX2000.kext and every natit.kext, Atyinject.kext, Nvinject.kext)

2) Open EFIStudio and press "Device Path" icon, write "display" into the first textbox and press "Get Path" button, press "To Clipboard" button, close window

3) Still inside EFIStudio select ATI HD2400 (should be selected as its the first of the list), press "Add Device" the Editor appears

4) In the editor replace /plist/dict/key node value (default value is PciRoot(0x0.......) with the one you have in the clipboard (just select old value and paste it over); if the two strings match, skip this step

5) Still inside the editor replace every "Iago" string occurrence (you could find other kind of framebuffers like "Lamna") with "Megalodon" string and every "IagoParent" string with "MegalodonParent" string

6) Still inside the editor press "write to com.apple.boot.plist" button to insert the EFI string in the system

7) Change ATIRadeonX2000.kext to include HD 2400 XT Prod.ID and Ven.ID (mine was 0x94c11002)

8) Wait for kext cache to rebuild, fix permissions with disk utility

9) Reboot

CI/QE should now be enabled

Yes, it works. thank you so much.

I couldn't delete ATIRadeonX2000.kext, natit.kext, Atyinject.kext or Nvinject.kext but it works anyway. I am happy. :angry2:

My system?

DELL OPTIPLEX 755

ATI HD 2400 XT 94c1

LEOPARD 10.5.6