Version 1.4.5 beta out now

mercurysquad

62 posts in this topic

it works on pentium m 750 perfect. but fan speed faster than windows. but it works and it is not a problem.

thanks

ciao srknylmz.... are you able to boot the laptop on battery with this kext loaded and Intel Speedstep enabled from BIOS? if yes, which kernel are you using?

thanks!

anyone tried on 10.5.6? on iPC?

thanks

I tried it on 10.5.6.. everything works when connected to the power, but the laptop does not boot on battery with the kext loaded :blink:

superhai's kext works a little better, with that I can boot the laptop on battery too, but still I have some CPU recognition problems....

bye!

ciao srknylmz.... are you able to boot the laptop on battery with this kext loaded and Intel Speedstep enabled from BIOS? if yes, which kernel are you using?

thanks!

yes i can boot on laptop battery. and speedstep enabled from bios. and i use Voodoo_Kernel_Release_1.0_Rev_A on iatkos 5i. installed iatkos 5i and updated voodoo kernel. i did not installed any speedstep kext with iatkos installation. because crashes with this speedstep kext. and i'm noob ;)

any question else?

yes i can boot on laptop battery. and speedstep enabled from bios. and i use Voodoo_Kernel_Release_1.0_Rev_A on iatkos 5i. installed iatkos 5i and updated voodoo kernel. i did not installed any speedstep kext with iatkos installation. because crashes with this speedstep kext. and i'm noob ;)

any question else?

strange... it does not work here..... could you send me your AppleACPIPlatform kext? I don't know if it is related to the speedstep kext but I would like to try with your too....

thanks anyway, bye :wacko:

i'm intrigued because the heat on my hp 540 is so intense that the point that the fan doesnt work i beleive this will solve this issue any suggestions for that i believe that the speedstep will solve the issue

by the way i'm using a kernel of 9.6.0 looks like the vanilla that comes with iPC this may work by chance?

I tried it on 10.5.6.. everything works when connected to the power, but the laptop does not boot on battery with the kext loaded :D

superhai's kext works a little better, with that I can boot the laptop on battery too, but still I have some CPU recognition problems....

bye!

I don't know on HP, but on Dell (Inspiron 2200) I'd suffer the same thing. The solution was to disable the fast boot option on BIOS (Dell Laptops has AUTO - THROUGH - MINIMAL) if I choose through in the bios the laptop works on battery without KP.

I don't know on HP, but on Dell (Inspiron 2200) I'd suffer the same thing. The solution was to disable the fast boot option on BIOS (Dell Laptops has AUTO - THROUGH - MINIMAL) if I choose through in the bios the laptop works on battery without KP.

I don't have that option in the BIOS :)

kern.exec: unknown type returned

kern.cputhrottle_curfreq: 800

kern.cputhrottle_curvolt: 732

kern.cputhrottle_freqs: 1866 1733 1600 1466 1333 1200 1066 800

kern.cputhrottle_factoryvolts: 1020 988 956 908 876 844 812 732

kern.cputhrottle_ctl: 1538

kern.cputhrottle_auto: 1

kern.cputhrottle_targetload: 50

how did do that? i changed psates but it hangs. i have pentium m750 too. please send me your codes. thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Macintosh:~ Copilu$ sudo sysctl -w kern.cputhrottle_curfreq=800

kern.cputhrottle_curfreq: 2100 -> 800

Macintosh:~ Copilu$ sysctl -a | grep throttle

kern.exec: unknown type returned

kern.cputhrottle_curfreq: 2100

kern.cputhrottle_curvolt: 1137

kern.cputhrottle_freqs: 800 1200 1400 1600 1800 2000 2100

kern.cputhrottle_factoryvolts: 950 1000 1037 1075 1112 1137 1137

kern.cputhrottle_ctl: 18978

kern.cputhrottle_auto: 1

kern.cputhrottle_targetload: 30

Doesn's seem to change the freq ! I have no error in getting the pstates !

Any advice ? At your disposal for more informations !

I have a Macbook C2D 2.1 Early 2008 with Leopard 10.5.6

However Speedstep is set on manual and shows 800. kern.cputhrottle_curfreq: 2100 shouln't be also 800 ?