ATI Radeon Mobility users wanted

Krazubu

49 posts in this topic

- ATI Mobility FireGL v5250 (0x71d4)

- QE/VI working fully

- Internal LCD working 100% (apart from backlight control, but i believe this is seperate)

- External VGA working (except after laptop has resumed from sleep - external display never comes on)

- Display mirroring working

- Display expansion working

I´m using ATI Radeon x1300 mobility.

And I basically have two options:

1. Use the internal LCD, with no resolution change(stuck on 1024 x 768), and no color profile or no other settings. But by adding my ID to the x1000 kext I get QE & CI(but with mouse tearing, which I fix with the mouse locator). External screen works, but only at the same low resolution(1024 x 768). I am currently using this option.

2. Use the x1300 mobility Natit kext, and then I get full support, can select resolution, color profile, QE & CI working, BUT only on external screen(VGA), the internal screen just goes black.

So, what I am hoping for is a way to be able to force the natit solution to use my internal screen instead of my external.

I´ll attach the dsdt dump of course, as well as the natit kext I can use for my external screen.

If there is anything you like me to test, then I´m ready... :(

Thanks

@DKC Hack&Mac

Can you enable QE on your card, if so, does it disable the internal screen and only outputs on the external ?

@Zstardust

There's nothing I can do for you, you need a working framebuffer, there are at least 3 versions of X1300 (RV515, RV530, RV535), try to have fully working display before anything, the point here is to enable the LCD display, not fix the GPU support.

@Zstardust

There's nothing I can do for you, you need a working framebuffer, there are at least 3 versions of X1300 (RV515, RV530, RV535), try to have fully working display before anything, the point here is to enable the LCD display, not fix the GPU support.

I figured, since I have full support on external screen with the natit kext, there should be some way of forcing the same resault on an internal screen, and I was hoping this was it.

But alright, I guess there will never be a solution for this card... :P

Anyhow, keep up the good work for the OSX86 community... :unsure:

Hi Krazubu,

I have x1600 mobility (71c5) and I can get res change, QE/CI when using ATINDRV/IONDRVSupport from 10.4.5 + ATIinject with my display's EDID, but when I try to boot with any newer ATINDRV/IONDRVSupport (10.5.x) just after loginwindow is started, screen goes blank immediately.

I've even tried to modify DSDT (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=133683&st=80&p=951047entry951047) to get AppleBacklight.kext loaded, but it doesn't help.

My Tecra A7 has one external VGA connector but I haven't succeeded to make working.

EDIT

attached dsdt.dsl from Debian

dsdt.dsl.txt

Edited by Mariusz

@Zstardust

If you only lack LCD support then it's exactly what we try to fix here, submit your DSDT dump please.

I intended to attach this with my last mail, but I just noticed it didn´t work... it seems the files must be in a zip file.

But here you have my dsdt dump, as well as my natit kext just in case it could be relevant.

Thanks! :P

Ztardust

P.s.

I forgot to mention that my version x1300 mobility is m52, not rv530.

dsdtDump_NatitKext.sitx

I intended to attach this with my last mail, but I just noticed it didn´t work... it seems the files must be in a zip file.

But here you have my dsdt dump, as well as my natit kext just in case it could be relevant.

Thanks! :star_sunglasses:

Ztardust

P.s.

I forgot to mention that my version x1300 mobility is m52, not rv530.

But you say nothing about DeviceID.

I look at your dsdt and can suggest you:

1. Erase devices CRT and TV

Device (CRT)
				{
				 }
			   Device (TV)
				{
				 }

2. As Krazubu said erase _DOD

Method (_DOD, 0, NotSerialized)
				{
					Return (Package (0x03)
					{
						0x00010100, 
						0x00010110, 
						0x0200
					})
				}

3. Advice from vaag - erase AGP

Device (AGP)
		{

and erase second VGA device. Yes! You have two VGA devices in DSDT.

Not sure that it helps you but it is not very hard to try.

Hey... thanks for your suggestion, I´ll try to figure out how to do this...

Sorry that I forgot the device ID, here it is: 0x7149

This dsdt thing is totally new to me, so it might take me a while to get this right... :(

EDIT:

Okey... well, I have tried cutting all the parts of the dsdt.dsl file that you mentioned, and then patching that file with the DSDT_Patcher into a DSDT.aml file... then I put that file on the root of my Leopard disk. I am quite sure that I did this part correctly.

I then took the "chameleon" file from this thread:

Chameleon with DSDT override

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=132757

and renamed that file to "boot" and replaced the "boot" file that was on the root of my leopard disk.

Perhaps this is not the correct way to do this?

I of course had Chameleon 1.0.11 already installed from before.

BUT, I can not see any sign of this working at all. My internal screen still goes blank as before, and my external screen still works as usual.

I was not really expecting my internal screen to work perfectly all of a sudden, but I was expecting the external screen to stop working after patching the dsdt file.

So I assume I am doing something wrong. Is there some simple way for me to check whether the chameleon bootloader is actually attempting to use the dsdt file?

I see absolutely no difference from before.

Thanks, I appreciate all the help I can get with this...

- Ztardust -

If you read the thread from Fassl about DSDT patch you can notice about RTC patching. Adding and disabling IRQ for the device.

The change is visible in ioreg

ioreg -l -x -w 4096 >ioregBefore.txt

and after.

Compare its.

About graphics issue. It is the idea that help me with Intel graphics. If you will sure that DSDT patch is applied but graphics issue is not resolved so the method is not help with ATI graphics..

If you read the thread from Fassl about DSDT patch you can notice about RTC patching. Adding and disabling IRQ for the device.

The change is visible in ioreg

ioreg -l -x -w 4096 >ioregBefore.txt

and after.

Compare its.

About graphics issue. It is the idea that help me with Intel graphics. If you will sure that DSDT patch is applied but graphics issue is not resolved so the method is not help with ATI graphics..

I guess I am doing something wrong... :blink:

When I compare the ioreg without dsdt patching, and the one with, the only real difference I see is that there are entries for hpet and applehpet in the one that is made after dsdt patching.

I am attaching my ioreg both while using dsdt and not, as well as my dsdt.dsl files, the unedited one as well as the one where I have cut away the parts you mentioned earlier.

Perhaps you can see what I do wrong, I would certainly appreciate if you would take a look at it.

Thank you for all your help.

- Ztardust -

ioreg_without_dsdt.txt

ioreg_with_dsdt.txt

my_DSDT_files.sitx

Hello

Toshiba P200-1JZ with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 HyperMemory (ID=0x9581 1002)

Mine is very special. I never get QE/CI enabled even with external monitor. External monitors results are the same that internal monitor.

Safe mode :

Internal monitor works with ATIRadeonX2000.kext because it's not loaded, works with Natit.kext, works without Natit.kext and without ATIRadeonX2000.kext.

So safe mode, internal monitor always work but with no QE/CI.

Normal mode :

Internal monitor works without nothing. Works with Natit.kext and video card recognized !! But no QE/CI (see screenshot). But with ATIRadeonX2000.kext, internal or external monitor does not work :rolleyes:

To summarize, the only time my internal monitor doesn't work is when i put this damn ATIRadeonX2000.kext in normal mode (even if I modify ID, NOTHING TO DO)

Screenshot from my internal monitor normal mode without ATIRadeonX2000.kext and without QE/CI :

capturenm9.jpg

PS : My dump has been done with a fresh install of iDened 10.5.4 in safe mode without having deleted ATIRadeonX2000.kext yet. My driver issues are the same with Zephyroth and Kalyway 10.5.2.

dsdt.zip