Boot issue

Ty4on

3 posts in this topic

Please note that I do not know much about neither darwin boot loader nor the command prompt. I am pretty new on this.

I just installed Leopard with this guide on my Dell M1530 and everything went well except for this step:

• Now Close Disk Utility and Select Utilities -> Darwin Boot. Type Y at the prompt.

I could not find it (I went to utilities and the selection for Darwin Boot wasn't there), so I just installed it without doing that. It went fine, but I had an issue, it would either load Vista or Reboot. I read that someone also had the same problem, but they found out that reinstalling it with the “EFI Bootloader” selected would make it work. Warning! I do not remember much after this. Some of the information can be wrong. When I tried that I left my computer and I think it had booted the disk, so I typed the commands and when I restarted it showed me some memory/system testing application. If I push exit the computer reboots and the application starts again. If I start Dell's own OS, Direkt Media, the same application starts. I have tried to press F12 and selected to boot from HDD, repair Vista with the repair disk, delete/reinstall Leopard and so on.

What can I do to rapair my Computer? I don't want to format.