• Please log in to reply
1951 replies to this topic

tutti

tutti

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

:wacko: warning of my annoying morning voice in the video just after I wake up :)

loool

freQk

freQk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Amazing work with the touchscreen mod Mysticus, I am floored.
How did you get the apple logo at boot to be normal? Mine is squished.

edit: I managed to get the apple logo right, but the spinning wheel is still stretched. can you help me?

 Mysticus C*

 Mysticus C*

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Amazing work with the touchscreen mod Mysticus, I am floored.
How did you get the apple logo at boot to be normal? Mine is squished.

edit: I managed to get the apple logo right, but the spinning wheel is still stretched. can you help me?

how did you install OSX on your system? and have you played with gfx drivers?
bcoz what you say does not sound logical. If apple logo showing in correct aspect ratio, spinning circle should be fine as well, they are not on two different monitors!

freQk

freQk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

bcoz what you say does not sound logical. If apple logo showing in correct aspect ratio, spinning circle should be fine as well, they are not on two different monitors!

I used your 10.5.6 ISO
No the method I used resizes the apple image to be squished inwards so that when the stretch happens, it resizes it to the "correct aspect ratio.
In case you dont understand:
This it the logo: |__|, but because of the resolution, on boot it stretches to |____|, so the solution is to squish the image to |_| so that when it stretches it shows up as |__|, the correct logo.
I used a script made by someone else to do this though, although it only does this to the actual apple, that's why the spinning wheel stays stretched.

Again, I noticed in your youtube video that on your NC10 you fixed this issue, what did you do?

 Mysticus C*

 Mysticus C*

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,280 posts

I used your 10.5.6 ISO
No the method I used resizes the apple image to be squished inwards so that when the stretch happens, it resizes it to the "correct aspect ratio.
In case you dont understand:
This it the logo: |__|, but because of the resolution, on boot it stretches to |____|, so the solution is to squish the image to |_| so that when it stretches it shows up as |__|, the correct logo.
I used a script made by someone else to do this though, although it only does this to the actual apple, that's why the spinning wheel stays stretched.

Again, I noticed in your youtube video that on your NC10 you fixed this issue, what did you do?

i didnt fix anything, it just uses correct drivers that is it... you may have fingered with those scripts too much...

kompressor666

kompressor666

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
OOPS it looks like the patched jas iso image has made it onto alt.binaries.mac think the whole iso should be complete with pars by tomorrow morning :thumbsdown_anim:

adamcarter

adamcarter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

yeah i noticed that too, your apple startup logo looks normal mine looks ever so slightly squished it doesnt bother me, but if mine can look non squished that would be cool too

kompressor666

kompressor666

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I think you might need to alter the darwin boot config file to look something like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string></string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1024x600x32</string>
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

it is here:

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

and will need this command to edit it:

sudo vi /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

or text editor if you are happy altering permissions,

Someone correct me if it is possible to use the defaults command for the boot.plist but I don't think it will!

I think you might need to alter the darwin boot config file to look something like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string></string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1024x600x32</string>
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

it is here:

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

and will need this command to edit it:

sudo vi /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

or text editor if you are happy altering permissions,

Someone correct me if it is possible to use the defaults command for the boot.plist but I don't think it will!

armator

armator

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hi i have a little problem

if i change the system language and open finder preference, finder crash and restart

anyone have solved this problem?

spaceman07

spaceman07

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
kompressor666 - why is it oops and tried the download from the newsgroup.. unable to unarchive the files using winrar!!

 Mysticus C*

 Mysticus C*

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,280 posts
Update News:

Toucscreen Install Guide is in NC10 files section of Bike Town...
(note: i added additional note to step 12 and refreshed the guide, if you downloaded it, earlier, redownload again pls)

Enjoy...

cartoonmoon

cartoonmoon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Great work and big thanks to all involved and all the advice given, thanks especially to Mysticus.

I have a quick question. After putting my NC10 to Sleep on Battery in OS X, I could not wake it. I tried key presses, mouse clicks and a short press on the power button, but was forced to kill it with the power switch. Now every time I use OS X I get an improper shutdown message telling me to repair my OS X NC10 partition. I can just click OK and all seems to function fine, but I was wondering if there was any way of getting rid of the message without having to re-install? Also, how should I have woken the NC10? Would be good to know to stop this happening in the future!

Cheers

shadowreader

shadowreader

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Have you guys had issues with your wifi networks not being saved from one boot or sleep to next? I have a hidden wpa personal tkip network at home but every time I reboot I have to re enter ssid then it fills in password. it never reconnects after fresh boot. have a macbook pro that does. Thanks for any help. Otherwise my NC10 is rockin with the Mysticus ddmac method and 10.5.6 iso. Thanks everyone especially Mysticus!! Also, I have researched the headphone issue and I know that voodoo is working on a solution. In the meantime I have downloaded and installed CHUD but can't find the script to run. Can you guys post a tutorial for the headphone issue? Thanks.

adamcarter

adamcarter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Have you guys had issues with your wifi networks not being saved from one boot or sleep to next? I have a hidden wpa personal tkip network at home but every time I reboot I have to re enter ssid then it fills in password. it never reconnects after fresh boot. have a macbook pro that does. Thanks for any help. Otherwise my NC10 is rockin with the Mysticus ddmac method and 10.5.6 iso. Thanks everyone especially Mysticus!! Also, I have researched the headphone issue and I know that voodoo is working on a solution. In the meantime I have downloaded and installed CHUD but can't find the script to run. Can you guys post a tutorial for the headphone issue? Thanks.

are you serious... I just made one on a page or 2 back...
dude you got to read

PALgamer

PALgamer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

good 'researching' so far as reading the last three pages would have solved it all. I know the search button of this forum is not the best ever, but still just 2 pages back.

Here it is

mudzilla

mudzilla

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

yeah i noticed that too, your apple startup logo looks normal mine looks ever so slightly squished it doesnt bother me, but if mine can look non squished that would be cool too

Mine is squashed too, and is this way straight after install from the Mysticus Install, no messing, no changing options etc.

Doesn't matter, of course, but it'd be nice to have it in the correct ratio!

Still amazed by the battery life and the NC10 in general, I'm loving this little netbook, and having OSX on it makes it even better.

Hope everyone's well, and that audio driver is moving along nicely, Mysticus! :angel:

Oh, and that touchscreen looks brilliant.

srcshelton

srcshelton

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Good news, everyone!

There now exists a version of Audieee which works with the NC10 - http://blog.stuart.s...udieee-NC10.dmg !

(Many thanks to Jamie Curmi for integrating my changes to the output.sh script into Audieee)

shadowreader

shadowreader

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

good 'researching' so far as reading the last three pages would have solved it all. I know the search button of this forum is not the best ever, but still just 2 pages back.

Here it is

Thanks. I have been following this topic religiously but somehow I missed that post.

ceepee

ceepee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Good news, everyone!

There now exists a version of Audieee which works with the NC10 - http://blog.stuart.s...udieee-NC10.dmg !

(Many thanks to Jamie Curmi for integrating my changes to the output.sh script into Audieee)

Thanks for that, just trying it out now. Seems very good.

onotron

onotron

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I've installed everything according to install guide and it all seems to be working apart from one thing. I can't seem to get any sound (from internal speaker or headphone). Any ideas how I can fix this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy