• Please log in to reply
1951 replies to this topic

Pezmc

Pezmc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

pexmc: I checked your files, and they are not replaced! meaning you either not installed fix1 package, or somehow they have been replaced again... i m investigating... your problem is wrong acpi-apic!

Is there any way you can get my a copy of the corrected ones I can place with transmac, or anyway that I can get my system working out of safe mode for the moment?

 Mysticus C*

 Mysticus C*

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Is there any way you can get my a copy of the corrected ones I can place with transmac, or anyway that I can get my system working out of safe mode for the moment?

told you the solution, read my answer

Pezmc

Pezmc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Are you referring to this?

mr_cp... your issue is acpi-apic, for some reason they are not replaced!, on my test system, they are being replaced perfectly fine... i seriously dont know how they are reverted back to official version ones? in my package, i have scripts running to check and delete the acpi and apic before they are installed! so no way they can be replaced... you must have somehow forget to install "fix 1" package in your install... but anyways... be patient, i m downloading the msiwindosx at the moment, to test...

in the mean time, what you can do is, use transmac, go to your root of the osx drive, find the backupkexts prior to update/ folder, and copy the appleacpiplatform and appleapic.kext s to /system/library/extensions/ folder, (of course delete the current ones in extensions... you should be good to go... i m telling you again, if you didnt choose the fix package it sure will happen!

With the files restored to the backups I still crash/get stuck at "You need to restart your computer..."
What is wrong now?

SL3

SL3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
What are the chances that someone could put together a custom ISO for the NC10, like the ISO made for the Wind? Something that could streamline and simplify the process (no need for external keyboard/mouse, etc) would be great.

 Mysticus C*

 Mysticus C*

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,280 posts
i will check the msi wind and maybe modify the package with the findings...

at 60% download right now...

Pezmc

Pezmc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Different error in verbose though, now stuck at:
Posted Image

Ps: Safe mode still boots

 Mysticus C*

 Mysticus C*

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,280 posts
why did you install experimental package?

i only told you to install fix 1, not the both... you installed wrong package as i see which explains why you have acpi and apic versions wrong... all your problems... (how i know it is because you have intelspeedstep problem which is installed with the experimental package... :( i told you from the beginning, you installed wrong packages, and gave me wrong answers...

if you can boot using safemod, you can install the fix one package only and solve the problem!

Mr_CP

Mr_CP

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Sorry mate is that at me? or Pezmc?

 Mysticus C*

 Mysticus C*

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,280 posts

Sorry mate is that at me? or Pezmc?

pezmc

anyways, i will finish download tonight and hopefully test it myself tomorrow, to see what the deal is... if you guys installed correct files, as you mention, it may very well be another driver meddling with the system... which i dont know yet, but i have set my system to test anything :( 3 partitions :D so without bricking anything i will test the msiwind package and see how it goes and tell you what the rotten egg is that is causing the trouble...

gaz122

gaz122

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi,

Just wonder if i can replace the USB DVDROM to USD Flash drive.

thanks.

Mr_CP

Mr_CP

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
ah ok, well i'm gonna try and see if i can sort out the msiwindosx86 problem that some of us seem to have been having, i've been looking over the kexts, and replaced the files as mentioned above by yourself, but still seem to be having the problem, gonna try a fresh install again and double check that i press fix 1 and then see how it goes then.

Pezmc

Pezmc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

why did you install experimental package?

i only told you to install fix 1, not the both... you installed wrong package as i see which explains why you have acpi and apic versions wrong... all your problems...

if you can boot using safemod, you can install the fix one package only and solve the problem!

I didn't install the experimental package. I am certain.
Reinstalling fix 1 made no difference it still says you need to restart you computer.

Verbose is stuck at:
Waiting on <dict Id="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOService</string.<key>BSD Name</key><string ID="2">disk0s3</string></dict>

This is getting very strange!

 Mysticus C*

 Mysticus C*

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,280 posts

ah ok, well i'm gonna try and see if i can sort out the msiwindosx86 problem that some of us seem to have been having, i've been looking over the kexts, and replaced the files as mentioned above by yourself, but still seem to be having the problem, gonna try a fresh install again and double check that i press fix 1 and then see how it goes then.

the options mentioned in the guide should install the correct files i mentioned already... if they are selected correctly...

if you select the experimental package, it install also the newer version of files which i didnt test yet!, put it there for future testing...

however since he replaced the correct files now, you see the other error, speedstep :( meaning that he actually installed both packages (experimantal and teh fix 1)

fix 1 is first install correct files, but experimental reinstalls wrong files...

see where i m going?

pezmc: use transmac, and go to drivers folder, and find and delete intelenhancedspeedstep.kext and appleacpibatterymanager.kext but you will still have some more issues.... next if you can boot, than you can install only fix1 package and it will sort out your problems once for all! (also on your selection i see 9.5.1 kernel, not the 9.5.0 i said in my guide... i m not quite sure if u ve done it all correct? or have some funcy bootloader in this msiwindos

if those above doesnt sort out your problems, you will have to wait for tomorrow, because i m still downloading the package, until i finish and install, i cant see what is inside msiwindosx...

thats why i dont like to try so many distros... once you get into many, you have figure out too many other things that causes the trouble... i used jas because i know how it works... and it works just fine, and at the end, you have very nice working OSX...

why i prefer jas or kalyway releases is that they use main osx intact... only additional drivers added, others usually unpack original packages and compact them into other named packages... which later causes suid errors and some other unknown issues...

ngreg01

ngreg01

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Hi Mysticus C*, I used msiwindosx86.iso also and I got another problem, my NC10 keeps reboot after apply the update files.

What I did is....install the mac os, then use your NC10 all-in-one installer to install stage 1, then reboot. After reboot, I install the official combo update 10.5.5, and then install NC10 all-in-one installer stage 3 with drivers which you mention in the great user guide, after this I reboot the system. It shows 2 error message in the darwin menu, which are about bios and acpi, sorry for that I forgot to take a screen shot for you, and now it just reboot without any error message.

I'm going to reinstall the os and do the same steps again, see if there's any change.

 Mysticus C*

 Mysticus C*

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,280 posts
i m aware of the msiwindosx86 issue already by now... :thumbsup_anim:

i m going to install it and see what the rotten egg is...

i referred in my guide using JAS DVD and it looks like everyone is using OPPOSITE...

so will check it out as well, but I am not so sure why everyone so like to use something else when the guide is clearly stated it used JAS...

Once again telling you, i will check what is wrong with msi wind version, by tomorrow, it would be easier to keep everyone in the same track but seems like not that easy...

Mr_CP

Mr_CP

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

i m aware of the msiwindosx86 issue already by now... :)

i m going to install it and see what the rotten egg is...

i referred in my guide using JAS DVD and it looks like everyone is using OPPOSITE...

so will check it out as well, but I am not so sure why everyone so like to use something else when the guide is clearly stated it used JAS...

Once again telling you, i will check what is wrong with msi wind version, by tomorrow, it would be easier to keep everyone in the same track but seems like not that easy...

lol I've tried the update again, seems to be the same problem when i've definately pressed fix 1 so rather strange, otherwise i love the whole package that you've done when using Jas, works perfectly mate, thanks again. i think the whole reason people are using the msiwindosx86 is because it comes without the need to use a usb keyboard and mouse, ah some people don't have access to one and some people are just plain lazy, but i do recommend to anyone going to attempt to use the install package, just get your hands on a usb keyboard and mouse and the whole update etc will run a helluva lot smoother if you just use the Jas install and the usb keyboard and mouse!

 Mysticus C*

 Mysticus C*

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,280 posts

lol I've tried the update again, seems to be the same problem when i've definately pressed fix 1 so rather strange, otherwise i love the whole package that you've done when using Jas, works perfectly mate, thanks again. i think the whole reason people are using the msiwindosx86 is because it comes without the need to use a usb keyboard and mouse, ah some people don't have access to one and some people are just plain lazy, but i do recommend to anyone going to attempt to use the install package, just get your hands on a usb keyboard and mouse and the whole update etc will run a helluva lot smoother if you just use the Jas install and the usb keyboard and mouse!

usb keyb mouse is only used for once in the reg process and installing update, rest is smooth as butter... but will see tomorrow with msi

 Mysticus C*

 Mysticus C*

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,280 posts

usb keyb mouse is only used for once in the reg process and installing update, rest is smooth as butter... but will see tomorrow with msi

Roxelchen

Roxelchen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
more questions cause i'm not sure what to buy macbook or samsung nc 10

a) how is the overall performance ? itunes / iphoto / adium / firefox ?

:( is it necessary to create so many partitions like you did in the guide ?

Pezmc

Pezmc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
I chose to use MSI windows because everything except the lan and mic works OTB.
No weird partitioning of drives needed either!

We need an NC10+MSI install package.
Do you know where the people who compiled the MSI iso "hang out"?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy