• Please log in to reply
1951 replies to this topic

Pezmc

Pezmc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Applied update. Now when I boot into OSX I see the apple logo and then it goes black and returns to the boot loader. Great.

During the second install of the NC10 AIO I got the: your system needs to be restarted, please hold down the power button for a few seconds message.

More info as I try safe and verbose.
This is what I get in verbose:
Posted Image

Safe & verbose does the same thing.
Safe goes to the apple logo (grey) to black and back to boot loader.

Any ideas?

 Mysticus C*

 Mysticus C*

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts
which distro you started with? the above screen shows acpi/apic non matching version problem... also it is better to state, wheter you followed the guide? or you just only followed update path? what did you do, what you didnt do?

because if you followed the entire guide as it is written, you should not have a single problem...

you should not have above problem if you installed fix 1 in the system function/ps2 fixes

what other things did you install or not installed? and in which order?

Pezmc

Pezmc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
I definitely chose f1 as I was confused as to what it did when I ticked it. I even checked it against your PDF.
Any ideas on how to fix it?

 Mysticus C*

 Mysticus C*

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,280 posts

I definitely chose f1 as I was confused as to what it did when I ticked it. I even checked it against your PDF.
Any ideas on how to fix it?

the fix for it can be tricky, but i need to know exactly how you started? which distro? which version osx? and which options did you choose?

Pezmc

Pezmc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
MSIWindowsx86, burnt to dvd and installed of that (used friends offices USB cd drive).
Version 10.5.4.
Everything including sound, keyboard, mouse and wifi (on 1500) worked fine with out any patches.

Used the latest copy of your patch, even check instructions to get it exactly right (part one, real update, part two).

Any ideas?

azentropy

azentropy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I've had the same issue using msiwindosx86.
I'm starting from scratch now to see if I can reproduce...

 Mysticus C*

 Mysticus C*

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,280 posts

MSIWindowsx86, burnt to dvd and installed of that (used friends offices USB cd drive).
Version 10.5.4.
Everything including sound, keyboard, mouse and wifi (on 1500) worked fine with out any patches.

Used the latest copy of your patch, even check instructions to get it exactly right (part one, real update, part two).

Any ideas?

something is not right in what you are saying... because if you did the part1=real update=part two in correct order, acpi/apic would be corrected, and you should not have those issues...

the only thing i can think of is bios settings... but again your start point is important! (i didnt use msiwindosx, i used Jas, which should not make any difference anyway...)

can you check your bios settings as in the guide?

and what options did you choose in the part two part? give me exact details! either the order, or choices you made may have something wrong...

Note: I will try to grab an MSIWindOSX86 somehow, to install and update to create your problem later to see if it has anything to do with this problem.... just searching around for that distro now...

Pezmc

Pezmc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Bios is exactly the same - EDB Enabled (not default)
Still no change.

I chose exactly what the printscreen in the guide showed from the top down. Ticked nothing that wasn't ticked in the guide.

Problem still occurs. Happy to continue trouble shooting to try and resolve the problem.

A sudden change has occurred. Now instead of going back to boot it says you need to shut down your computer (please note I did NOTHING apart from going in to bios. Comparing and exiting without save).
In verbose it shows:
Posted Image
and stops (waited over 5 minutes)

In safe and verbose quite a few "unsupported errors" and boot takes about 5 minutes
Then I can log in. Everything is really slow though (lack of drivers?).

Still happy to go!

 Mysticus C*

 Mysticus C*

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,280 posts

Bios is exactly the same - EDB Enabled (not default)
Still no change.

I chose exactly what the printscreen in the guide showed from the top down. Ticked nothing that wasn't ticked in the guide.

Problem still occurs. Happy to continue trouble shooting to try and resolve the problem.

it sound as if msiwindosx86 is installing some additional drivers? unless you are telling me correctly

if you can download a program called Transmac (for windows to access your osx partitions) and grab two kexts (drivers) for me to check wheter they are correct or not...

/system/library/extensions/appleacpiplatform.kext
............................................./appleapic.kext

on another thinking, in jas, i recommended using smbios resolver that goes with vanilla smbios, so you dodnt need to install it again in the update package however i dont know what is msinwindosx is using as smbios and additional drivers...

acpi
apic
smbios

a bit suspicious to me...

I will download the msiwind version (will take 1-2 days probably for known reasons) and try to figure out what changes they have, in the mean time, i suggest you to grab a JAS DVD, that i have been referring...

Pezmc

Pezmc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Kexts here in rar.

Attached Files

• Attached File  kext.rar   241.98KB   47 downloads

Edited by Pezmc, 25 November 2008 - 08:51 PM.

 Mysticus C*

 Mysticus C*

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,280 posts

Read my updated post above.
(Will edit this one and attach the kext's)

i read it,

it is related to acpi-apic-smbios maybe the bootloader that mswindosx using i dont know... i will install msiwind to recreate the problem but until i do so, i cant tell which one is causing the trouble... i need to see the drivers being loaded up... and see the rotten egg... causing the trouble...

note: msiwind may take less time to download (-at 10% already) than expected, shows as ~2 hr to finish, maybe i can have a test in 1-2 hrs :star_sunglasses:

pexmc: I checked your files, and they are not replaced! meaning you either not installed fix1 package, or somehow they have been replaced again... i m investigating... your problem is wrong acpi-apic!

srcshelton

srcshelton

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
I'm currently in Cyprus with intermittent (to say the least :star_sunglasses: ) 'net access, but having downloaded the installer package last night my first impressions are:
  • Headphones still don't work - the Audieee package's "Off" option turns sound off until unmuted, as does the headphones option (even with 'phones connected, they remain silent). If the sound is muted and unmuted or reduced to zero and then brought back up, sound comes back through the internal speakers as usual. I can only assume that the audio codec on the Samsung requires pokes to different ports to the Asus;
  • The alternative to Audieee ("Sound Output Tool"?) installs no files...
  • One of the included PowerMangement.bundles causes the battery status menu item and the power management functions of the System Preferences pane to disappear;
  • There are at least a couple of ApplePS2Controller.kexts included, one of which causes the mouse to go crazy when selecting a menu item after sleep.
I've got a boot-132 based 10.5.5 install with extensions on the EFI partition, so I was extracting drivers to find any updated versions - but what I'd really like now is working headphones. Once I get back home and can boot from a Linux LiveCD, I'm hopeful that the ALSA utilities and tools can reveal the Samsung-specific changes needed.

Mr_CP

Mr_CP

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Thought i'd add that i'm having simlar problems as Pezmc when using msiwindosx86 as starting point, thinking there maybe something specific to the original install. i'll take a pic of what -v says and post that in a bit

srcshelton

srcshelton

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
(Incidentally, this is with CHUD installed and using the supplied AppleAzalia audio driver...)

P.S. What is the recommended third-party brightness changing software? This would also be highly useful :censored2:

Mr_CP

Mr_CP

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Right here's the screen shot, sorry for horrible shot but can't be bothered to get camera so used phone camera, only happened after i'd installed the update and ticked all the boxes that the guide showed.
Posted Image

 Mysticus C*

 Mysticus C*

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,280 posts
srchelton: sound switch for audiee doesnt work confirmed, most likely when i tested it i was using script.sh as well, so script.sh was providing the sound most likely... script.sh is working fine for switching audio, but not the applications... they are probably specific to those in msiwind..

the entire package is not fully complete yet, as i said i m testing some more things, so placed some experimental stuffs, and titles which does not have things inside...

for your sleep mouse issue: i explained it! right arrow key wakes up pressed by software/driver dunno why, but just press right arrow key once, it goes away... if you know a better driver (appleps2controller) let me know so i can include it...

for brightness: http://www.charcoaldesign.co.uk/shades which i will include in next package revision...

i m gonna add another title in first post for "known issues"

mr_cp... your issue is acpi-apic, for some reason they are not replaced!, on my test system, they are being replaced perfectly fine... i seriously dont know how they are reverted back to official version ones? in my package, i have scripts running to check and delete the acpi and apic before they are installed! so no way they can be replaced... you must have somehow forget to install "fix 1" package in your install... but anyways... be patient, i m downloading the msiwindosx at the moment, to test...

in the mean time, what you can do is, use transmac, go to your root of the osx drive, find the backupkexts prior to update/ folder, and copy the appleacpiplatform and appleapic.kext s to /system/library/extensions/ folder, (of course delete the current ones in extensions... you should be good to go... i m telling you again, if you didnt choose the fix package it sure will happen!

sn0zc0r3

sn0zc0r3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I don't mean to interrupt the flow of thought between all you guys trying to debug what's going down, but why are you using those other distros instead of the JAS one Mysticus suggested? What's the difference between them?

 Mysticus C*

 Mysticus C*

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,280 posts

I don't mean to interrupt the flow of thought between all you guys trying to debug what's going down, but why are you using those other distros instead of the JAS one Mysticus suggested? What's the difference between them?

good question :)

the difference probably is that msi version has keyb mouse drivers already so you dont need usb keyb mouse for the first time usage...

after the 10.5.5 udpate there is not much difference :P

but people usually do what they like, and other people try to debug the problems...

:)

RolyBiffy

RolyBiffy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
pezmc

could you post a picture of ur nc10 (im guessing its black) with OS X up?
i wanna see how it looks ;D as ive only seen white ones so far

Mr_CP

Mr_CP

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
well i'm purely using msiwindosx86 just to test it out i've got the jas install and also got ideneb so just testing them out to see what issues arrive, install worked perfectly under jas for me, but like i said i figured i'd try out other packages and see how it goes

============================

tried adding the files back again from the backup folder to the extensions folder, the problem still seems to be there...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy