• Please log in to reply
1951 replies to this topic

casper2341

casper2341

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Just wanted to see if anyone has working solutions to Multitouch for the trackpad. I have been trying to use ALPS Drivers but have not been successful. Any help with this would be great.

ngreg01

ngreg01

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Thanks for your great job, Mysticus C*!

I'm really noob, I tried many times on installing 10.5.5 update, and keep on failed...waiting for your guide :(

 Mysticus C*

 Mysticus C*

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts
Wait is almost over guys...
Adding the last pieces to the guide, and 15-20 mins it will be ready in BIKE TOWN with refreshed FILES and DOCUMENTATION... (~100 pages of guide/slides.... phew...)

 Mysticus C*

 Mysticus C*

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,280 posts
Ok guys... everything is ready... finally :P

in couple of minutes, New Samsung NC10 package (fixed typo error) and other necessary files will be ready in BIKE TOWN

Thanx for your patience...

breakingbad

breakingbad

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
Hi mate.
Just passing by to say that youre such a nice guy and is doing an amazing job to new users of Samsung NC10 netbook.
Browsing the whole topic - I read almost all your threads - made me feel like having an NC10. :P

Maybe next year Ill buy one.

Keep up with the wonderfull work around OS X.

[]s

Pezmc

Pezmc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Thanks for the update. I got it to work so far. Ill update with how it went with msiwindowsx86 when finished.
Btw 16mb, that s a HUGE guide! Well done and thanks.

 Mysticus C*

 Mysticus C*

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,280 posts
OK everything is ready!

Bike town for chud, chain0, combo update, NC10 drivers/update fixer package
First post for INSTALL/UPDATE GUIDE

Breakingbad: This machine rocks, i highly recommend you to get one :(

Pezmc: Yeah it is kinda big, and took me a long time to finish all the screen caps, and the small bits... I still didnt finish the clone guide, so didnt include it in the guide yet, but phew... I m so tired already...

Now comes the best part....

What are your problems? thoughts? opinions? wishes to see in next NC10 package?

sn0zc0r3

sn0zc0r3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Wow, this is great! I can't wait til my Dell 1490 comes in so I can get this totally up and running!

I do have a question though: why do I make 3 new partitions before installation when I'm only installing os x on one? I assume it's to change 1 to the mac file system and the other for ntfs?

 Mysticus C*

 Mysticus C*

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,280 posts

Wow, this is great! I can't wait til my Dell 1490 comes in so I can get this totally up and running!

I do have a question though: why do I make 3 new partitions before installation when I'm only installing os x on one? I assume it's to change 1 to the mac file system and the other for ntfs?

good question... those are for next steps which i have not explained yet...

osx1 is for MAIN
osx2 is for CLONE of the MAIN for safety testings of updates... if you brick clone partition, you wont loose anything :( (you will understand and appreciate this over time ;) trust me)
osx3 is for download and etc in case... you can keep it as dos/fat partition as well, to transfer/read files between windows and osx...

however osx1 and osx2 has to be same mac osx journaled!

answer enough?

sn0zc0r3

sn0zc0r3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

good question... those are for next steps which i have not explained yet...

osx1 is for MAIN
osx2 is for CLONE of the MAIN for safety testings of updates... if you brick clone partition, you wont loose anything ;) (you will understand and appreciate this over time :) trust me)
osx3 is for download and etc in case... you can keep it as dos/fat partition as well, to transfer/read files between windows and osx...

however osx1 and osx2 has to be same mac osx journaled!

answer enough?

Ahhhhh, looks like I jumped the gun a bit. :( I'll prob keep the 3rd partition in dos/fat format to swap files between the 2, like you said.

Thank you so much for everything!

CSS

CSS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Well well! Just as I was thinking of getting an NC10 and just as I was idly searching for the OS X solution, this thread pops up!

Fantastic work Mysticus.

One question: if I wanted to repartition the Windows C drive down a little, would I run into problems? And if I wanted to remove it completely, could I just install OS X as my only OS?

Ok .. two questions :(

 Mysticus C*

 Mysticus C*

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,280 posts

Ahhhhh, looks like I jumped the gun a bit. :( I'll prob keep the 3rd partition in dos/fat format to swap files between the 2, like you said.

Thank you so much for everything!

also be carefull with the back cover when you receive the wifi card... While opening the back cover be very gentle with the monitor connection areas... the hook parts are very sensitive... use some plastic phone car or something while parting those apart from the hook and the battery areas......

gaz122

gaz122

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi i registered only to say thank you for everything you have done!!

A question though: are we getting anywhere to solve the LAN/WIFI issues? SHould i wait or should i just get a dell now?

thanks!

 Mysticus C*

 Mysticus C*

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,280 posts

A question though: are we getting anywhere to solve the LAN/WIFI issues? SHould i wait or should i just get a dell now?

thanks!

lan issue i dont know ... but wifi may get a solution if official update from oem is released (god knows when? tomorrow? next year?) if you wanna wait for it, it is your decission, i just wanted a quick solution, which is not too expensive, because this thing without internet will suck... :) it will be only a media center to play your music and videos without internet...

sn0zc0r3

sn0zc0r3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

thanks!

Honestly, I'd prob just get a dell 1490 card. It works OTB with OS X as well as XP and there's no need to rely on upcoming drivers that may not even function as well as you would hope (on top of the fact that who knows when the drivers will be released. I've read that they were supposed to come out very soon, but I think the initial dates that they promised have already come and passed).

::EDIT::

Forgot to mention this little tidbit too - the 1490 card is pretty damn cheap. I got it for $25 shipped, which is actually higher than what I've heard other people have got it for, but I bought it off somebody in the states on ebay and not from Hong Kong/China.

Mr_CP

Mr_CP

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Could someone email me the guide please? i've reached my rapidshare download limit lol, any help would be appriciated :)

thanks for doing the guide and the update package Mysticus C*

ricpersi

ricpersi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hey Mysticus C*! just wanted to thank you for all the time you put on this project!

if Mysticus C* doesn't mind I'll up a megaupload mirror for his guide.. but before uploading I'd like to know if it's ok..

Mr_CP

Mr_CP

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
For those wanting to change out the wifi card on their NC10 follow this guide http://www.laptopmag...ive.aspx?step=1 its to replace the HDD but its the samething for the Wifi card also.

Roxelchen

Roxelchen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
great work
you got an iphone?
usb working 100% so iphone sync with adressbook / ical / itunes will be no problem?

i just sold my macbook air , and f*cking hate outlook !
no problem with windows but outlook ist just.......

 Mysticus C*

 Mysticus C*

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,280 posts

great work
you got an iphone?
usb working 100% so iphone sync with adressbook / ical / itunes will be no problem?

i just sold my macbook air , and f*cking hate outlook !
no problem with windows but outlook ist just.......

usb working...
memory card slot working (only tested with sd so far)

should not be a problem with an iphone at all...

ricpersi: please leave it as it is... because it is easier for me to control files from one location... having it mirrored to other places will make me do additional work on changing things... i have MU account and thinking of mirroring already, i have even direct link with no waiting, but these take up more bandwidth and having more mirror slows down the process...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy