Mac OSX on ASUS P5Q and ASUS P5Q PRO AND SOME OTHER P5Q MOBO ALSO

RoberT_XeS

Installed and Working  

331 members have voted

1. 1. Did it work for you........

• Yes
    • No

544 posts in this topic

I tried to install iPC 10.5.56 on my pc after booting, I see this error: "Still waiting for root device". I changed sata as AHCI but error repeated.

My system is: motherboard: Asus P5Q(bios updated to 1611 MacOS moded)

CPU:q9400

Ram:8(4*2 Apacer 800MHZ)

HDD:Sata Western Digital 320GB+Sata Maxtor 1000GB

DVD-RW: IDE Liteon 22X

VGA:xfx 9800gtx+

also I tried with only maxtor hdd as IDE but error repeated.

what can i do to install mac?

is ipc suitable for my pc?If no what is you recommendation ?

The Problem is with your DVD Drive....You should have a SATA DVD Drive or a Convertor which can make your IDE DVD Drive as a SATA Drive

Hi there

Can someone help me with the modded bios for P5Q-PRO

trying to download it but keep getting "We are sorry, but all downloading slots for your country are busy"

thanx alot

my specs :

mobo : Asus P5Q-PRO

Pross: Intel core2Quad Q6600 (running 3600 mhz)

mobo FSB : 1600 mhz

2 x : OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 / 1066 MHZ / Platinum Series / dual Channel kits 2GB / Intel optimized-(cl 5-5-5-15-55 @ 2.20v)

HDD : 320GB Samsung spinpoint s-ata2

HDD : 320GB Maxtor s-ata2

Graphic: nVidia GeForce 7950 GT

sound Alc1200

and a lot of cooler fans

greetz .

Having problem with iDeneb v1.5.1 10.5.7 per Intel/AMD ( SSE2/SSE3)

see pic

SNC00251.jpg

Hi there

Can someone help me with the modded bios for P5Q-PRO

trying to download it but keep getting "We are sorry, but all downloading slots for your country are busy"

thanx alot

my specs :

mobo : Asus P5Q-PRO

Pross: Intel core2Quad Q6600 (running 3600 mhz)

mobo FSB : 1600 mhz

2 x : OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 / 1066 MHZ / Platinum Series / dual Channel kits 2GB / Intel optimized-(cl 5-5-5-15-55 @ 2.20v)

HDD : 320GB Samsung spinpoint s-ata2

HDD : 320GB Maxtor s-ata2

Graphic: nVidia GeForce 7950 GT

sound Alc1200

and a lot of cooler fans

greetz .

Having problem with iDeneb v1.5.1 10.5.7 per Intel/AMD ( SSE2/SSE3)

see pic

SNC00251.jpg

Here...... Bios File...once you flash this bios....you will not get that error

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I have some issues when installing Ideneb 1.3. On "Transfer your files from another Mac" i choose not to transfer now, it freezes for 1 minute and then jumps back to "Before you start..." screen. I am booting using -v -f -x options, my configuration is Proc: e7400, MOBO: P5QL- pro, 4Gb DDR2 @1066, VIDEO: Ati 3870 - Sapphire, and I had enabled AHCI and power support in BIOS. Thankes in advance for your help.

SOLVED

• 4 weeks later...
I have the P5Q SE board and I get this screen when I'm trying to install;

imgl0009.jpg

I use iAKTOS v7.

Do not select any driver which says.....Voodoo and then try to install...I think it should work.... Also do not select the Voodoo Kernel....... Infact do not select any kernel since vanilla kernel is installed by default

Hi there, i have an P5QC Mobo, and a IDE DVD drive, so as such i followed the tutorial, i flashed my bios with a modified one, and i used IPC, because according to the tutorial i could use this version with a IDE drive, but i still get the "Still waiting for root device" error, can anyone help me, i havent missed any steap.

• 2 weeks later...

i have the p5Q motherboard, this is my pc specs

intel core 2 quad 2.33 ghz, 4 gb ram, 250gb sata hdd , 80gb ide hdd, ide dvdrw, nvidia geforce 9800 gt 1gb,

first i patched the bios, i installed ipc 10.5.6 ppf 6 final iso on the sata hdd and i had kernel panic, installed over a million times without any success

please tell me what am i doing wrong, or can someone help me out choses the drivers for my specs

i have the p5Q motherboard, this is my pc specs

intel core 2 quad 2.33 ghz, 4 gb ram, 250gb sata hdd , 80gb ide hdd, ide dvdrw, nvidia geforce 9800 gt 1gb,

first i patched the bios, i installed ipc 10.5.6 ppf 6 final iso on the sata hdd and i had kernel panic, installed over a million times without any success

please tell me what am i doing wrong, or can someone help me out choses the drivers for my specs

Let me know the kexts that you are selecting while installing IPC OSX and also please post a image of the error message so that we can get a claer idea....

Also if possible try to use IDeneb .....

Hello, I'm new to the forums.

I've installed Snow Leopard on my PC, and I have one major issue. But first, my config is:

P5Q-E, Q9700, 4GB ram. I have Marvell Gigabit Lan integrated on my MBO

My issue is that my Ethernet naturally wasn't working, so I installed

IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip and

skge_for_P5Q_Deluxe.zip

Since the network cards are exactly the same (I used kext helper).

That did not fix anything, but only created more problems. Now, whenever I go to system preferences, and click on the Network icon, the Sys Preferences window just stops responding and I have to use Force shutdown. I removed the kexts from S/L/E, rechecked disk permissions, and the problem persists. I don't see any solution but to reinstall the OS. Is there any other way to solve this?

• 4 weeks later...

I would also like to add my thanks to all that posted in this thread.

I tried to get a system up and running about 9 months ago, but didnt search for any guides, so ended up downloading all the different versions of modified OSX and just tried each of them in the hope one would work!

Then i managed to find this guide after i was interested to see if Snow Leopard had been 'cracked', which sort of made me think about trying again with a proper guide (with pics) to follow. Anyway, backed up my documents and followed this guide. (although some small changes)

System Spec:

Asus P5Q Pro (was on official 2002 bios, now running Juzzi 2102 modified as posted on this page of this thread)

Q9550 @ 3.8ghz

8GB DDR2 1066mhz

1TB Samsung F3

ATi 4870 1GB

M-Audio ProFire2626

Onboard Ethernet

PCI Firewire Controller (Texas Instruments) + Onboard Firewire

I actually used iATKOS v7 (10.5.7) simply because i downloaded the wrong torrent, i was intending to follow the v5 (10.5.5 or 10.5.6) guide as explained.

Upon first time of starting up, i got a grey screen and thought 'this aint gonna work' but after a reset and a single boot with -x, managed to get into OSX. Of course, resolution was super huge but it worked!

For Kexts, i used the ATI 48xx driver package that is posted at the start of another thread. Just a simple install and reboot and it was all good. Even my second HDTV (DVI-HDMI) worked at its native resolution and had overscan applied instantly! I got the orange icons, so downloaded the two zips that fix this, again no problem (in the guide). Only one i couldn't get working instantly was the ethernet controller. The kext you posted installed ok, but just didnt recognize the controller. So i follow your link on the guide to other kexts drivers, and downloaded another and it worked and recognised as soon as i installed it via kexthelper. USB and firewire also work no problems.

Only part i cant get to work is the shutdown. Restart works, but shutdown doesnt seem to. The system sort of hangs and isnt responsive, but to be honest, its the least of my worries! I've tried the fixes posted but still doesnt seem to want to work. Will keep trying and testing :)

I was expecting loads of errors and problems even once i had installed OSX, but so far it's been about 12 hours and its running just fine. Next i need to get myself another hard drive and figure out how to dual boot with Windows 7, but first, on to SL!

I'm so happy i've got it working that i may even do my own little mini-guide for anyone with similar specs. As soon as you know what your doing, you can have OSX installed faster than you can Windows 7! It's amazing, everything works far better than i ever expected it to, and the speed of it is unbelievable. My main concept was to get Logic 9 running (for uni) along side Pro Tools M-Powered. Have i got them installed and working, you bet!

Again, thanks to all that posted and contributed in the thread. Reading your comments and problems seemed daunting at first, but since has helped me with small problems.

Oh, one quick question. OSX 10.5.x cant access 8GB RAM right (32-bit)? Are the rules identical to 32-bit Windows? i.e. 4gb MAX shared between all devices (inc GPU memory etc) and 2gb per application?

Cheers from a very happy chap!

Nathan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello

First, thank you for all your guides, they are awesome and have so much information, i have learn't alot!

Secondly, i have an issue. Using an Asus p5q se2, i followed your instructions for iDeneb installation, i flash the Bios using Smith@@ bios for my motherboard and then installed the OS. Installation completes with no issues and goes smoothly. The only problem is now that im trying to boot it up its not loading. When i try using "-v" to see the issue it says:

Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPCI.

Im wondering if you have had any experience with this and know how to fix it as googling and checking other posts with the problem hasn't given me much information to get it working.

Thank you in advance for any information and help you can give me :(

Michael

• 1 month later...

Hello

I followed this tutorial, installed iDeneb and flashed a modded bios and it doesn't work.

I can install iDeneb, I do it and when it's finished the computer reboots and ... doesn't boot Mac OS X.

I have the same thing than when I have only got the CD ... I tried booting with this command :

"rd=disk0s5 -v" and it doesn't work either ... Mac OS X boots (I see white text on black) and then instead of booting it goes to the installation menu.

When I dont put the CD in the computer, it shows me something like this :

CD Boot priority ..

boot0 : error

(I don't remember exactly)

And I can't boot to 7 anymore ... It doesn't ask me to choose any OS ...

I don't know what to do anymore, please help :)

PS : Sorry for my poor english

Edit : I forgot : I've got a P5Q, I don't know exactly what model but I had to choose 2102 bios for it to work with the Acer Tool.

• 3 weeks later...

HELP PLS

Hi there

Im a newbi in this fora and to Hackintosh, but in the advance level when it comes to software and installing on both PC and Mac.

My prime computer is a PC !

I have tryed ALL the "how to" and i got 13 diffrent images burned and tryed em all, no of them works !!! With some i can install, but after complet installation and reboot it just stalles at the OS load logo ( grey apple screen, and no clok turning ). :):tomato:

All the -v and so on is tryed ! No response

Even tryed the NEW images for Snow Leopard and no luck there eighter !

Im on the edge of giving up, so any one that can make me a SIMPLE how to do for this would be MUCH appriciated, or anyone that can tell me that NOTHINGS works on this motherboard by experience

Allsaw trired the ACHI for XP, and cant get that running eighter. I can turn it on in BIOS but XP wont respond to it or boot on other then IDE set in BIOS !

I got a......

A. Motherboard: ASUS P5QL / EPU ( build on 20/09/2009

B. BIOS: Version 4.08 ( latest )

C. CHIPSET: Intel P43 / ICH 10

D. CPU: Intel Dual Core 2 E5400 / 2.7 GHz

E. RAM: 8 GB / 2 x 800 MHz and 2 x 667 Mhz ( all will run 667 MHz )

F. AUDIO: VIA HD

G. LAN: Realtek 8111 C

H. GRAFIC: ATI Radeon 4300/4500 series 1 GB DDR2 ( using both digital and VGA output )

I. SCREEN: DUAL SCREEN set up with 2 x MEDION 20" running at 1440 x 900

J. HDD: 4 SATA 300 installed

K. DVD: Optical DVD/CDRW SATA

SATA SETUP !!!

1. Hitaci 1000 GB

2. Hitaci 500 GB

3. Hitaci 300 GB

4. Seagate 250 GB

5. Optical DVD/CDRW SATA !!!

OS: Windows XP SP3 / Windows 7 Home Premium PRO ( Windows DUAL boot )

Each system on its own HDD no shared HDD at all !!!

The same i want for OSX ( should be installed on a 320 GB internal, disk ok )

All the best

Kim M N

• 9 months later...