Mac OSX on ASUS P5Q and ASUS P5Q PRO AND SOME OTHER P5Q MOBO ALSO

• Please log in to reply
543 replies to this topic

Poll: Installed and Working (331 member(s) have cast votes)

Did it work for you........

1. Yes (261 votes [78.61%])

Percentage of vote: 78.61%

2. No (71 votes [21.39%])

Percentage of vote: 21.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote

RoberT_XeS

RoberT_XeS

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Hello, Help me, i follow the this post, but i don't work

i have p5q

maybe my problem is the IDE dvd?

thank

Even I had the IDE DVD earlier and I was not able to install OSX. I received a message 'Still waiting for root Device'.

Now I have a SATA DVD Drive.

I am not sure that you will be able to install OSX using IDE DVD ....

But you will be able to enable IDE DVD after the installation of OSX...using the AppleVIAATA.kext.zip

leonds

leonds

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
No LAN Ethernet driver for P5Q?

RoberT_XeS

RoberT_XeS

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

No LAN Ethernet driver for P5Q?

Trust me I have tried many kexts for Aetheros L1 E. But nothing seems to be working. After doing one month of research I finally gaveup and bought D-Link DGE 502 -T Gigabit 1.0 gb/ps Lan card and installed skge.kext and it worked for me.....
Take a look at the following thread
http://www.insanelym...t40851-400.html

leonds

leonds

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
i ll try a new one tomorrow . So only need driver for sapphire. it says no quartz support. how to enable this?

which video card is the best with no problems and for 2 screens, hdmi?

Newri

Newri

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Which OSX installation you are using?

If it is iDeneb then you need to select NVkush and select the Ram size according to the memory of your card. Only then you will get Hardware Support i.e Quartz Extreme support and resolution up to 1280 x 1024. This package is already there in the Mac OSX installtion you need to just select this while installing Mac.

You can also download the package from http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/. I would recommend you to first remove all the .kext installed earlier i.e Nvresman.kext, Geforce.kext etc etc..... and then install Nvkush.....

This should definitely work for you...

If it is iAtkos then download the package from http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/ and first remove all the .kext installed earlier i.e Nvresman.kext, Geforce.kext etc etc..... and then install Nvkush.....

Good to know that we both have the same hardware.............
Just try the steps that I have mentioned above and you will definitely get the full harware support....
Just let me know once you get it to work....

Before anything else Thank you for replying... I use the Ideneb V 1.3 10.5.5, its the same that you used on your hardware. Well sad to say I tried a fresh install and selected the NVkush and512 memory on NVinject. The installation went well and mac os X is installed. Still whenever i tried to change my resolution higher than 800x600 it hangs with a blue screen.

By the way I noticed that at the Mac Logo start up i check my resolution in my menu of my LCD screen and it has a resolution of 1024x768 but when it goes inside the OS it goes down to 800x600. I've check in the system that my Nvidia 8500GT is well support everything is working.

Again i tried a fresh install only selecting the NVkush and no longer selecting anything. After install same results hangs on changing the resolution, still the Graphics card is well support but only with 256 memory.

On installation and mac logo start up my resolution never goes below 1024x768. Is there anything I'm doing wrong on my installation? Again thank you very much.... God Bless as always....

leonds

leonds

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
how do i remove all kext files?

RoberT_XeS

RoberT_XeS

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

how do i remove all kext files?

Just drag and put it in thrash.... and empty the thrash

This is for Nvidia Graphics
If you want to remove the graphics kext then just unzip the package that you downloaded from http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/ i.e Nvkush package and see what are the kexts that are there and then delete the kext that are there inside the Extention Folder and then install Nvkush.

This is for HD Audio
Just remove the AppleAzalia.kext, AppleHDA.kext and ALCInject.kext and then install the AppleHDA.kext and ALCInject.kext from the package which I have attached in this Forum

Before anything else Thank you for replying... I use the Ideneb V 1.3 10.5.5, its the same that you used on your hardware. Well sad to say I tried a fresh install and selected the NVkush and512 memory on NVinject. The installation went well and mac os X is installed. Still whenever i tried to change my resolution higher than 800x600 it hangs with a blue screen.

By the way I noticed that at the Mac Logo start up i check my resolution in my menu of my LCD screen and it has a resolution of 1024x768 but when it goes inside the OS it goes down to 800x600. I've check in the system that my Nvidia 8500GT is well support everything is working.

Again i tried a fresh install only selecting the NVkush and no longer selecting anything. After install same results hangs on changing the resolution, still the Graphics card is well support but only with 256 memory.

On installation and mac logo start up my resolution never goes below 1024x768. Is there anything I'm doing wrong on my installation? Again thank you very much.... God Bless as always....

This is for Nvidia Graphics
If you want to remove the graphics kext then just unzip the package that you downloaded from http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/ i.e Nvkush package and see what are the kexts that are there and then delete the kext that are there inside the Extention Folder and then install Nvkush.

After installing Nvkush. Run the EFI Studio software which is included with iDeneb Softwares, select your Graphics Card and then Write to.plist.

While Installing iDeneb 1.3 I selected Nvkush and 512 MB and it worked fine for me...

leonds

leonds

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
i have Leo4all 10.5.2 i installed extra sapphire 3650 package and now macos freeze at the beginning . i must unistall or delete graphic packages with -x but i dont know what to type at boot .

RoberT_XeS

RoberT_XeS

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

i have Leo4all 10.5.2 i installed extra sapphire 3650 package and now macos freeze at the beginning . i must unistall or delete graphic packages with -x but i dont know what to type at boot .

Are you able to login with -x. -x is like a safe mode. If you are able to login with -x then you can delete the files.The following thread might help you
http://forum.insanel...howtopic=130016

Newri

Newri

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks Robert_Xes again for the reply. I really don't know what happened, this morning when i boot up my pc the resolution is alreardy at 1024x768. I haven't done yet the instruction that you gave me for installing NVkush using the EFI. Anyways i hope this is it and will work forever. Now i just have to buy Lan card for my mobo so i can surf up through Mac OS X. Thanks......!!!!

RoberT_XeS

RoberT_XeS

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Thanks Robert_Xes again for the reply. I really don't know what happened, this morning when i boot up my pc the resolution is alreardy at 1024x768. I haven't done yet the instruction that you gave me for installing NVkush using the EFI. Anyways i hope this is it and will work forever. Now i just have to buy Lan card for my mobo so i can surf up through Mac OS X. Thanks......!!!!

Congrats Dude...............Enjoy

Ero

Ero

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Macs and hacks :D
One problem:

Any of my 132 Boot CDs won't work 'cause of a img checksum error. WTF?

Is it the IDE DVD drive, or what?

schif

schif

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
i have tried to install the Mac OS X 10.5.5 Idenev V3 on my :
Asus P5Q
HDD => SATA
DVD => SATA

but this was not functionnaly the error message into the boot is : MDNSresponsder 172.6 ...

Can you help me ?
what's the BIOS of your configuration ?
what's you setting ?

thank's :P

RoberT_XeS

RoberT_XeS

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

i have tried to install the Mac OS X 10.5.5 Idenev V3 on my :
Asus P5Q
HDD => SATA
DVD => SATA

but this was not functionnaly the error message into the boot is : MDNSresponsder 172.6 ...

Can you help me ?
what's the BIOS of your configuration ?
what's you setting ?

thank's :unsure:

I used the Default Configuration of the Bios. Only change is that I changed the Sata Configuration to AHCI.
Also did you flash your Bios with the Modded Bios?. If your Bios is not flashed with the Modded Bios then I recommend you do that first.
Take a look at the following thread. This might help you.
http://discussions.a...t...33&tstart=0

leonds

leonds

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
still no luck for Sapphire ATI HD 3650 drivers... any suggestions ?

Leo4all 10.5.2

schif

schif

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

I used the Default Configuration of the Bios. Only change is that I changed the Sata Configuration to AHCI.
Also did you flash your Bios with the Modded Bios?. If your Bios is not flashed with the Modded Bios then I recommend you do that first.
Take a look at the following thread. This might help you.
http://discussions.a...t...33&tstart=0

i have already installed the modified bios 1306 but this no change the boot always freeze at this step

can you help me ? :D

RoberT_XeS

RoberT_XeS

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

i have already installed the modified bios 1306 but this no change the boot always freeze at this step

can you help me ? :)

Do you have any external devices connected to this PC or a PCI Lan Card.

Have you tried iATkos OSX. If iDeneb is not working then try that one and see............

schif

schif

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
no i have nothing connected on the USB firewire or other port.
the Iatkos V4 work, but i don't like this version, i'm not english i'm french and this language is not totally installed on this distribution.

have you other ideas ?
what your full config robert-xes ? (MB,RAM,HDD,GFX,..)

thank's

RoberT_XeS

RoberT_XeS

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

no i have nothing connected on the USB firewire or other port.
the Iatkos V4 work, but i don't like this version, i'm not english i'm french and this language is not totally installed on this distribution.

have you other ideas ?
what your full config robert-xes ? (MB,RAM,HDD,GFX,..)

thank's

Mobo: ASUS P5Q --------------------- Working
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E 4600 @ 2.4 Ghz Working
RAM: Transcend DDR2 2GB 800 Mhz--------- Working
HDD: 2 Seagate IDE and 1 Samsung SATA ---- Working
Graphics: XFX NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT ---- Working
Sound: Realtek ALC 1200-------------- Working
D-Link 530T Gigabit ------------------- Working

MacApprentice

MacApprentice

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Could someone mod the new 1501 bios for the P5Q?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy