5 replies to this topic

pit0xff

pit0xff

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I've got windosx86 with 10.5.5 neatly up and running on my Gigabyte M912X, even the touchscreen is working, registers as HID Mouse, calibration is not possible but ok for leafing through PDFs.

Now i got myself an Atheros 5008 card, which is recognized by macosx as Airport, but I'm unable to activate it. (Airport: Not Configured)
I tried the Pin20 trick, but no go, also, i tried to remove all network interfaces and reboot with airport only, but still no go.

Has anyone a hint on how to enable a MiniPCIe Card in an M912?
The netbook has a FNKey for that, what works on windows only.
Probably there's seom trick with setpci?

thanks,

Karl

pit0xff

pit0xff

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
figured it out: had to remove NetworkInterfaces.plist and renwe all, now its working.

pierrandre

pierrandre

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
hi, Im glad you worked it out, I also have a M912x Gigabyte PC and I am pretty satisfied by it
two things though .. the 128x768 resolution is great, but on a long time use... the interface is pretty small as long as all the item displayed on teh screen. if I had to uy it again, I would choose the M912M one at 1024x600

the penmount USB device is recognised 50% of the time... and when it's recognised, it's not calibrated so it's simly non usable at all

I managed to got the sound working by using the Audieee app which enable some king of coding magic behind its menu to get the audio out work properly.
check here : http://ipis-osx.wiki...s-ugly-stop-gap

I switched the atheros card with an apple one (picked up from a real macbook pro santa rosa) and worked straight out of the box :)

I also changed the keyboard for a white french azerty one, the only thing I really miss the the keyboard layout of a real French one...

Cypherion

Cypherion

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi Guys,

I managed to install Mac OSX 10.5.4 (through MSIWind Distro). But I could not get Touch Screen to be recognized as USB HID Mouse.

pit0xff, how did you get your Atheros WIFI recognized as Airport? Which distribution installation did you use to install 10.5.5

Openminded

Openminded

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Hi Guys,

I managed to install Mac OSX 10.5.4 (through MSIWind Distro). But I could not get Touch Screen to be recognized as USB HID Mouse.

pit0xff, how did you get your Atheros WIFI recognized as Airport? Which distribution installation did you use to install 10.5.5

some time has passes since this post.
just for the info: i got Snow Leo 10.6.1 running on my m912x with everything working except for webcam.
Touchscreen works but not calibrated.
Does work with the touch-base driver.
Sometimes battery acts strange, but seems to work now.

If anyone knows a touch-base driver hack to circumvent 100 clicks,or has a webcam driver, please post it!

I basically followed this guide, but used the snow leopard universal dvd to install:
http://www.hackint0s...217/89878-2.htm
then fixed ioatafamily.
then followed the guide and voila.

thanks everyone!

Openminded

Openminded

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
How about that!
I mailed Penmount for a reduced driver price and I got a link to the working driver!
It's all free!
This is the link:

http://download.touc...174747/macx.tgz

Thanks penmount!

Unpack the file, run the app and follow the instructions.
After a reboot the calibrate tool is on the desktop.
works like a charm!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy