10.5.5 + nVidia 9800gx2 = works, but only 2 minutes

iAasimar

9 posts in this topic

I have XFX 9800gx2 and X38-based mobo and leopard detects my videocard as it is with modified kexts. But when the system starts, in one or two minute display blinks two times, mouse pointer made twithces and dmesg shows "kernel[0]: IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: Unwanted Direction Change Y: oldDy=359 dy=-8298". After that if i don't move my mouse (usb), everything works fine, but when i use it for 2 minutes and more, whole systems freezes -- i can not move cursor point, image on display stops like screenshot. I'v tried various kernel flags such as cpus=1 and maxmem=2048 (I have 4 cores and 4GB of RAM) and kexts i found in this and other forums, i modifed nvkush and nvinject kexts (plists), load my system in safe mode -- no changes. When i delete NV*.kext system works stable but I can not change resolution to something higher then 1280x768 (it's the one and only option in resolutions' list).

Can you help me to diagnose what is going on when my system freezes? Or, maybe, any other solutions?

Good luck with this, i'm slating my card as unsupported. I've only seen success i guess with nvidia mobos. You can put your card in the second slot if that isnt too much work for you and it'll work fine from my previous readings. I just refuse to do this due to issues with windows.

Well, thank you for your answer:) Frankly, I don't like when my Operation System demands to change slots or do whatever it deisres :censored2: So, If it's the one and only way to make it work properly, I'd rather come back to my dutiful Debian:)

Well, thank you for your answer:) Frankly, I don't like when my Operation System demands to change slots or do whatever it deisres :P So, If it's the one and only way to make it work properly, I'd rather come back to my dutiful Debian:)

Ah this OS was not really made to run on this hardware. If going to slot 2 is what it takes, that is what you have to do. Otherwise if you can stomach linux go back to it.

I understand:) Imho, Hackintosh is like Linux 7-9 years ago: not such cute, of course, but has the same hardware deseases. Ок, I'll try to change slots... on principle :(

Use aqua-mac's 9 series installer once you switch slots.

• 1 month later...