Finally: PCEFI V9 released today

djmastera2000

89 posts in this topic

This is the first time I've ever had sleep mode working for me, hooray!

I'm running an intel 6700 core2quad and I'm on an evga 680i nvidia mobo.

Since this is the first time I've had sleep, maybe this is an obvious question, but...

it doesn't wake up from sleep using a keyboard, I have to use the power button (not a big deal, but...)

is there anyway to change the setting to allow it to wake up from just hitting a keyboard key?

This is the first time I've ever had sleep mode working for me, hooray!

I'm running an intel 6700 core2quad and I'm on an evga 680i nvidia mobo.

Since this is the first time I've had sleep, maybe this is an obvious question, but...

it doesn't wake up from sleep using a keyboard, I have to use the power button (not a big deal, but...)

is there anyway to change the setting to allow it to wake up from just hitting a keyboard key?

No

I applied the dsdt patch. said I got 512 optimizations. I renamed it from dsdt.aml to DSDT.aml. Put it in my root. I also put the pciefi 9 bott in the root as well. Installed appleintelcpuplatformlkext and still get can't find hpet and then ultimately kernel panic. If I pull the kext it's ok. But I thought that was the point of dtds and pci 9.

Sorry that was a typo, I meant DTDS.aml. I copied it to the root directory after patching. Reboot with appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext and still get kernel panic.

Same here... with Chameleon, and Efi 9...

Im verbose i can't see anything about dsdt.aml loading, if i put the Cpupower kext, i got a KP.

I have a Pentium D 925, my chipset is a Intel 945.

Same here, DSDT.aml doesn´t seemm to load with chameleon with/without pcefiv9

... on C2D ...

:blink:

You need an special chameleon - with DSDT support. The normal does nothing with this file.

I would dl the debug version of that , it shows in slow all steps of its running.

You dont need to start OS X with -v to show that debug output (of chameleon with dsdt-debug) , the debug text is coming early - before OS X is loading.

You need an special chameleon - with DSDT support. The normal does nothing with this file.

I would dl the debug version of that , it shows in slow all steps of its running.

You dont need to start OS X with -v to show that debug output (of chameleon with dsdt-debug) , the debug text is coming early - before OS X is loading.

It would indeed be useful if Netkas applied this patch for DSDT support.

I´not quiet sure if i got u right:

As taken from netkas release notes:

This is new bootloader with few nice features, it’s n0w based on Chameleon codebase.

so, it supports all what Chameleon supports ( including /Extra)

and it has few new patches applied:

1) dsdt overwrite patch from mackerintel

So this imo --should-- work ... i tryed with chameleondebug taken from package, but i cannot see a difference to chameleon, there doesn´t appear ANY diagnostoc output ?????

form me it works, the DSDT.aml with Chameleon that support it. or PCEFIv9 boot

AppleIntelCPUBALHABLAH.kext is loaded successful but only thing is that CPU is not speedstepped with this kext. i've tested with Geekbench and result are 50% lower then Intelspeedstep or GenericCPUManagemet is loaded. On ACER laptop. but on desktop with Asus P5E Premium AppleIntelCPU is loaded successfull and result from Geekbench are the same.

So on laptop Deep Sleep is not working it says when boot : bad sleepimage header signature

what is wrong with it ??

please help

I´not quiet sure if i got u right:

So this imo --should-- work ... i tryed with chameleondebug taken from package, but i cannot see a difference to chameleon, there doesn´t appear ANY diagnostoc output ?????

The debug chameleonwithdsdt takes much more time to boot up.

Before your (known ) OS X startup texts came up, you see chameleons debug outs, step by step (1 Sec each) and so it will take at least 20 seconds longer! until the normal start begins. You cant miss that and you dont need -v boot option to see that (they came before).

Be SURE you really USE that new one and not old boot file (old PC-EFI, old chameleon) :

You have to RENAME!!! the chameleon or chameleondebug file to boot and copy it in the / folder (means overwrite old boot file) - without that the old boot(efi/chameleon boot) will used !!!

form me it works, the DSDT.aml with Chameleon that support it. or PCEFIv9 boot

AppleIntelCPUBALHABLAH.kext is loaded successful but only thing is that CPU is not speedstepped with this kext. i've tested with Geekbench and result are 50% lower then Intelspeedstep or GenericCPUManagemet is loaded. On ACER laptop. but on desktop with Asus P5E Premium AppleIntelCPU is loaded successfull and result from Geekbench are the same.

So on laptop Deep Sleep is not working it says when boot : bad sleepimage header signature

what is wrong with it ??

please help

depends on what version u use, v9 was updated in 24h after release, to make errors output more informative

with new one, if it says - bad header signature - then it means sleepimage isnt valid anymore (e.g. old one, already used)

and sleepimage has garbage - means osx faield to create proepr sleepimage.

Your right, i renamed /boot to /bootold and /chameleondebug to /boot. chmod ´ed it to 644 and chown´ed to root:wheel

My mistake could be a wrong chameleon installation ... it says sth. about DFE 132 .. 146 ... i think. How do i erase the boot sector of a disk, so that can restart from the beginning ???

The debug chameleonwithdsdt takes much more time to boot up.

Before your (known ) OS X startup texts came up, you see chameleons debug outs, step by step (1 Sec each) and so it will take at least 20 seconds longer! until the normal start begins. You cant miss that and you dont need -v boot option to see that (they came before).

Be SURE you really USE that new one and not old boot file (old PC-EFI, old chameleon) :

You have to RENAME!!! the chameleon or chameleondebug file to boot and copy it in the / folder (means overwrite old boot file) - without that the old boot(efi/chameleon boot) will used !!!

Ok, solved it.

now chameleondebug starts over, BUT:

i cannot get to my desktop, i´m stuck at a bluescreen with mousepointer :(

Any conclusion for that???

Your right, i renamed /boot to /bootold and /chameleondebug to /boot. chmod ´ed it to 644 and chown´ed to root:wheel

My mistake could be a wrong chameleon installation ... it says sth. about DFE 132 .. 146 ... i think. How do i erase the boot sector of a disk, so that can restart from the beginning ???