• This topic is locked This topic is locked
642 replies to this topic

kromozone

kromozone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I need Windows for some things, but with the price of the RAM this board accepts it's too cheap not to spring for 8GB. In which case you can quit everything in Leopard and load Vista/XP in Parallels with maximum RAM (For XP at least) and they will run at pretty much the exact same speed as when booting into Vista/XP. Processor load for Leopard is only going to be ~10% on a quad-core with no apps running. I was considering going for a second partition but the way Parallels is running I think it would be a waste to bother with it.

Signal64

Signal64

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
I've had some questions on my version 1 AML I provided for the E7AUM-DS2H Gigabyte. You can decompile it just like you do the dump from linux to check it out.
iasl -d DSDT.aml

Notes on DSDT modifications for Gigabyte E7AUM-DS2H

Basic Changes

1. _PR CPU section needs no modification

2. HPET needs no modification

3. RTC modified - removed IRQNoFlags 

Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00"))
							 Name (ATT0, ResourceTemplate ()
							 {
								 IO (Decode16,
									 0x0070,			 // Range Minimum
									 0x0070,			 // Range Maximum
									 0x00,			   // Alignment
									 0x04,			   // Length
									 )
								 IRQNoFlags ()   <-- Remove
									 {8}			 <-- Remove
							 })

4. Find and Replace _Y with Y

5. Compile with Microsoft ASL 3.0 

Note: you get a nasty error message with iasl about the NVH7 object and it won't compile. Rather than force it and since the original Gigabyte version was compiled with ASL, I went with that.  

At this point aml is enough to boot

Further Changes:

These are mainly cosmetic to match the device names in IORegistry with what is on the macbook, but note the dev id change info for a couple of kexts.

6. LPC

a. Search and Replace LEG0 with LPCB

b. Will need to add dev id to AppleLPC.kext
				 <string>pci10de,aac</string>

7. SMB

a. Search and Replace SMB0 with SBUS

8. Audio 

a. Search and replace AZAD with HDEF

9. Ethernet

a. Search and replace MMAC with GIGE

10. SATA

a. Search and replace SAT1 with SATA
			 b. Will need to add dev id to AppleAHCIPort.kext - MCP79AHCI - IOPrimaryPCIMatch
				 <string>0x0ab810de</string>

11. USB

a. Search and Replace USB0 with OHC1
			 b. Search and Replace USB2 with EHC1
			 c. Search and Replace USB1 with OHC2
			 d. Search and Replace USBB with EHC2

12. P4MI, TRIM, NVPM

a. Add the following section (above OCH1 is ok)

Device (P4MI)
					 {
						 Name (_ADR, 0x00030003)
					 }

Device (TRIM)
					 {
						 Name (_ADR, 0x00030004)
					 }

Device (NVPM)
					 {
						 Name (_ADR, 0x00030005)
					 }

13. MCHC

a. Search and Replace UCPU with MCHC

14. TIMR

a. Search and Replace TMR with TIMR

15. DMAC

a. Search and Replace DMA1 with DMAC

16. IPIC

a. Search and Replace (PIC) with (IPIC)

17. MATH

a. Search and Replace COPR with MATH

That's it.

Again, it's already in the aml I posted.

I had hoped to get audio in there long ago by now but having a hell of a time getting fully functioning audio working. Have been going through the hda patching / legacyhda threads along with the related links and docs (numerous times now) as the kexts that have worked for ALC888 and ALC889/885 boards in the past do not work right. Will keep working on that today.

With Socrates help I burned a modified macbook restore disk to try on the giga (needs model check removed), but the RTC fix is needed and will require a BIOS change or a munky method to boot off of boot-132 to use them. ASUS needs the CPU and RTC fix.

mad.mac

mad.mac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Finally I made it done. Thanks for the help from all, especially netcastle, mrosxn00b, diabolik.

- OSXInstall.pkg using Pacifist with the retail leopard disk
- Installed 10.5.6 update using Pacifist
- PC-EFI v9
- Copy mrosxn00b's DSDT.aml (download from an earlier post) to root
- add in kexts : a decryptor, smbios enabler, cpupm disabler
- diabolik's NVkush installer using Pacifist

Issues:
1. no sound, will work on it later
2. CPU info is not correct. I used mrosxn00b's DSDT.aml which is for Q-core, while mine is C2D E8400. I run DSDT Patcher with error. Hence I wonder if anyone can provide a C2D DSDT.

Thanks again!

DSDT error message:
./dsdt_fixed.txt 2822: Return (NVH7 ())
Error 4060 - Called method returns no value ^

neocui

neocui

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
2ch sound works for me with AppleAzaliaAudio.kext. If you want something quick for audio, you can try this.

In Info.plist, change Realtek codec from 0x..880 to 0x..888 (or whatever your codec is)

In Plugins/AzaliaAudioController.kext/Info.plist, change ICH6's PCI ID to 0x0ac010de (look it up on your board), change the name too to "MCP7A HD Audio" if you want. Then manually do kextload AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

Signal64

Signal64

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

2. CPU info is not correct. I used mrosxn00b's DSDT.aml which is for Q-core, while mine is C2D E8400. I run DSDT Patcher with error. Hence I wonder if anyone can provide a C2D DSDT.

Use mine, works with quad or dual.
http://forum.insanel...o...6510&st=60#

DSDT error message:
./dsdt_fixed.txt 2822: Return (NVH7 ())
Error 4060 - Called method returns no value ^

Use Microsoft's ASL 3.0 to compile without error - that is unless someone else has a workaround (I couldn't find any info on NVH7).

2ch sound works for me with AppleAzaliaAudio.kext.

neocui - can you do me a favor? Open a terminal and do a tail -f /var/log/system.log and see if you get any sound errors being logged.

Thanks.

neocui

neocui

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Other than USB not showing up correctly in profiler my flash and usb hard drives did work fine on the P5N7A-VM and E7AUM-DS2H before the usb dsdt change.
If it helps to change it thats good to know. I wasn't aware of that.

Signal64, I was wrong and you are right. It has nothing to do with DSDT modifications. It's indeed the BIOS option. Legacy USB support needs to be OFF. Surprisingly, USB keyboard still works in BIOS screen.

Signal64

Signal64

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
There is a new F2 bios for the E7AUM-DS2H.

Improvements are:
  • Improve dual BIOS compatibility
That's it.

The DSDT is identical to the F1 version.
So no fun (or fix for the ethernet/sleep issue) with the F2 BIOS.

It may fix a "does not recover from failed memory overclock" issue I experienced.
The board would loop in a bios recovery mode never allowing you back in.
Clearing CMOS wasn't enough, had to actually remove the battery and wait 15min to get it going again.
(and yes, power unplugged to the board while doing both).

CausticSaint

CausticSaint

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Have any of you guys used the new iPC distro? It's said to be 10.5.6 and support Intel AMD SSE2 SSE3. I may give that one a shot and see how it goes. My problem is that I'm not sure what to set in the configuration options.

(Still keeping my eyes peeled for that restore disc, though.)

stan78

stan78

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Hey everyone. I've been a long time reader of this thread because I wanted my first hackintosh
to have this board. Even though I was a complete noob and still kinda am, I read a lot about this
topic and all of your posts at least three times just to be sure.
But after two days of trying I just can't get this this stupid thing to work. All the time it ends with
"syncing disks.... killing all processes" in verbose mode. Then it says MACH reboot, but it doesn't
ever bother rebooting ;-)

Just to be sure, I will write everything down. I'd really appreciate it if anyone here would see or
point out a mistake...

My setup: Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DSH2, C2D E7200, 2GB RAM, 120GB Sata HD from my old MBP.
Connected to beamer with HDMI cause I couldn't find a VGA cable.

What I did:

1) Made three partitions with GUID table (I just wanted it to have three)
2) Opened ALU macbook restore disc with Pacifist on ALU macbook.
3) Installed contents on first partition using Pacifist - connected via external USB.
3a) (optionally once) Installed contents of 10.5.6 Update to first partition with Pacifist.
4) Copied mrosxn00b's DSDT.aml to root on first partition.
4a) Tried Signal64's DSDT.aml
4b) Edited and recompiled Signal64's DSDT.aml with two processors.
5) Installed PC EFI v9 (Chameleon v1.0.12) to first partition.
6) Copied decryptor (ds...), IntelCPUPMdisabler, SMBIOSEnabler to extensions folder.
7) Changed com.apple.boot.plist so that I get the 8 seconds timeout.

8) Changed Gigabyte BIOS to AHCI instead of IDE.
8a) Optionally disabled almost every feature this board has to offer.

9) Connected HD to gigabyte board. Fired it up.
10) Tried _every_ option (-x -v -f -s cpus=1....) and still it hangs with
"syncing disks.... killing all processes" blabla "MACH reboot"

Like I said - I'd really appreciate any help from you guys.
thanks,
st

bobisdead

bobisdead

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Hello,

first of all merry christmas to everyone...

Did anyone got the SPDIF working on the GA-E7AUM-DS2H ??

a great day to y'all

Bob

Signal64

Signal64

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
1. I personally stick to 1 GUID partition for testing. I usually put Windows/Linux/whatever on a second drive if I need to.
Just to keep things straight forward, less complicated, and easier to redo if need be. Just until things are stable.

2-3. You should boot the ALU MacBook disk and restore to the target drive. You can do the update just fine after it's running on the giga.

4. You don't need to edit the dsdt for 2 processors.
That's comsetic for IORegistry browsing when using a dual core cpu.

5. Install Chameleon 1.0.12 to the target drive and make sure you replace /boot with the DSDT patched version.

7. ok

8. Change SATA to AHCI and disable IDE onboard. Disable every feature??? Why?
I only disabled IDE, Serial, Parallel and leave the rest alone.

9 Connect drive to port SATA2_0

stan78

stan78

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Thank you so much for taking the time. I will try this later today.

8. Change SATA to AHCI and disable IDE onboard. Disable every feature??? Why?
I only disabled IDE, Serial, Parallel and leave the rest alone.

This was just because it didn't work so I wanted to make sure it's not because
of some BIOS option.

st

fatbottom5

fatbottom5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Where is OSInstall.mpkg?

Where is Download site?

Please tell me!!

bobisdead

bobisdead

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
You can find it on a leopard DVD.

Google around how to install osx with pacifist.

Regards

Bob

stan78

stan78

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
OK, so so it worked with doing a real restore on ALU Macbook. Thanks for that.
The only thing I had to do was delete AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement since
that was causing a kernel panic (?!).

I then configured everything and even got graphics running with NVKush.

But then I hit hit the Update button like you said to get 10.5.6. After the update
I did the cosmetic kext changes again but my system just hangs while
booting. I can get a safe boot though.

make sure you replace /boot with the DSDT patched version.

What exactly do you mean by that ? I installed PCEfi v9 (with DSDT Patch) and
thought this would do it. Is there anything else I have to do manually ? I couldn't
find any info about this...

st

Wow, this is weird. I told you that the system is hanging... but when I plug in/out the
network cable it keeps giving me a new "mediaChanged" line.

raffitaffy

raffitaffy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Have any of you guys used the new iPC distro? It's said to be 10.5.6 and support Intel AMD SSE2 SSE3. I may give that one a shot and see how it goes. My problem is that I'm not sure what to set in the configuration options.

(Still keeping my eyes peeled for that restore disc, though.)

Yes the iPC distro can be used. Kept everything vanilla, PCefi_v9, used SMBIOS efi choice, NVkush and the DSDT.aml from this thead. Boots fine. 1920x1080x60 graphics.
QE says not supported. QuartzGL can be enabled. 100MB Lan :dev:.
I am using the IDE for a drive and DVD because 2 of this boards 5 SATA are AHCI only (manual says chipset limitation) and with AHCI on 3 drives my SATA DVD would not work.
Reboot hangsand I suspect shared memory headaches await but I am out of safe mode with this distro.

Signal64

Signal64

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
You can probably load up any release and not have Video, LAN, and the usual issues you find with loading on nForce boards.
You didn't mention sound, is that working 100%?

raffitaffy

raffitaffy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

You can probably load up any release and not have Video, LAN, and the usual issues you find with loading on nForce boards.
You didn't mention sound, is that working 100%?

No Sound, even with ACLinject/AppleHDA. No QE. Bummer.

chrilled

chrilled

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Gigabyte e7aum....

A small update on my system. I've got a working dual-boot with win vista 64. I installed from a unibody clone (10.5.5) and used pcwiz install application. Basically I installed a disabler, decrypt, smbiosenabler and nvkush. I didn't even edit any plists. Unfortunately I have only gotten VGA or HDMI working separately. I can not connect both cables as it will go black just when it is supposed finish logging in.. After the graphics installtion I threw in a hdaenabler, again without editing any plists or thowing in a applehda kext. To my surprise I got all options available in system preferenses and I could listen (only tested optical out) to it on my 5.1 amp with full clarity. (there are some minor issues, but I belive that thats related to my quicktime version and is discussed on a few posts in the forum) BUT.. I can only get this if I'm using the VGA. As soon as I boot up with HDMI.. the system prefs goes gray and I says that I dont have any devices. I will try booting with DVI and even checking the bios-settings since I remember some HDMI-audio settings there.. This must wait until tomorrow since I'm laying in bed writing this. :)

Is there anything anyone want me to test?

Well, that was a short summary of my current situation on my first hackintosh adventure.. :D

bobisdead

bobisdead

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Gigabyte e7aum....

A small update on my system. I've got a working dual-boot with win vista 64. I installed from a unibody clone (10.5.5) and used pcwiz install application. Basically I installed a disabler, decrypt, smbiosenabler and nvkush. I didn't even edit any plists. Unfortunately I have only gotten VGA or HDMI working separately. I can not connect both cables as it will go black just when it is supposed finish logging in.. After the graphics installtion I threw in a hdaenabler, again without editing any plists or thowing in a applehda kext. To my surprise I got all options available in system preferenses and I could listen (only tested optical out) to it on my 5.1 amp with full clarity. (there are some minor issues, but I belive that thats related to my quicktime version and is discussed on a few posts in the forum) BUT.. I can only get this if I'm using the VGA. As soon as I boot up with HDMI.. the system prefs goes gray and I says that I dont have any devices. I will try booting with DVI and even checking the bios-settings since I remember some HDMI-audio settings there.. This must wait until tomorrow since I'm laying in bed writing this. :P

Is there anything anyone want me to test?

Well, that was a short summary of my current situation on my first hackintosh adventure.. :)

Great job

That exactly the set up I wanna have.
But I just have a couple of questions:
- what options did u check in pcwiz?
- when did u install vista, before or after Osx?
- how did u setup the dual boot?

Thx for any future answers :)

Regards

Bob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy