CPU-X: cpu-z like utility for osx

netkas

64 posts in this topic

Edit: I've just noticed that your CPU is a Q6600, it's a 65nm CPU, so maybe Temperature Monitor detects it automatically.

Exactly plus it reads the temperature correctly as the chip has the same tjunction I believe it is called as regular Mac's when I had a revision B3 chip it was off by 15C the same as its tjunction is lower to the later chips.

Edit: You may want to go to the Version Tracker website to see if you can find an older version of Temperature Monitor where the support for the 45nm were first added I know I seen people who were using it then getting readings.

Exactly plus it reads the temperature correctly as the chip has the same tjunction I believe it is called as regular Mac's when I had a revision B3 chip it was off by 15C the same as its tjunction is lower to the later chips.

I don't think my problem is with kexts, because MSR Tools was able to read temperatures correctly (it was the same in Windows Vista with Everest/Core Temp).

Only problem is that it loads CPU at 100% and makes Leopard unresponsive. =(

I noticed something rather interesting when I made some changes to the override kext used to boot my system. I had reason to switch from SMBIOSResolver.kext to an older AppleSMBIOS.kext.

When I did, the results produced by cpu-x for L2 cache changed from 1024K to 512k. This must mean that the data is coming from in-memory tables, not directly from the hardware. So, you need to be aware that your kext mix can alter the answers you receive.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hmm.. It wont open for me..

Says it quit unexpectedly... Any reason for this? Could it be because im using an AMD CPU?

Quits on me also but I don't think its just because your using an AMD CPU, i'm on Intel. Intel Celeron M 420 @1.6GHz to be exact...

Quits on me also but I don't think its just because your using an AMD CPU, i'm on Intel. Intel Celeron M 420 @1.6GHz to be exact...

thats probably why... whatever i suppose would be nice to have though

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...