CPU-X: cpu-z like utility for osx

netkas

64 posts in this topic

to read temp.s need a kernel access mode, so need to do a kext(kext will require root password), there is an app doing it already - msr tools.

MSR Tools reads my cpu temperatures, but for some reason it starts to load cpu at 100% and I must hard reboot the PC.

Also, Temperature Monitor doesn't read cpu temperatures here, even if I install those Additional x86 Drivers.

PS: C2D E8500

amantheboy, maybe u will not talk how work apps u have no idea about ? i noticed u like doing it.

app updated, refreshed icons, added more cpu images, more info about steppings, fixed some bugs with single core cpus , etc.

Netkas;

I just tried CPU-X2. Most things look the same for me except for the L2 cache value which has improved from 1Kb to 1024Kb. The P4 model still shows as unknown - should be Prescot. The socket still shows as "775 LGA".

post-51049-1226799450_thumb.png

In any case, great effort. Many thanks.

MSR Tools reads my cpu temperatures, but for some reason it starts to load cpu at 100% and I must hard reboot the PC.

Also, Temperature Monitor doesn't read cpu temperatures here, even if I install those Additional x86 Drivers.

PS: C2D E8500

It tells you on Temperature Monitors website how to enable it for unsupported processors like yours it is near the bottom of the page.

http://www.bresink.com/osx/0TemperatureMonitor/issues.html

this kext known to have problems if installed to /Extra ,

btw, app is updated and now will show core voltage, if that kext installed:)

Everything seems to be fine but the voltages seems to be a little low - under Windows is the idle-voltage at 1.168v and load at 1,232v

screen1s1t.jpgscreen1h2x.jpgscreen2vyl1.jpgscreen269vx.jpg

Edit: The Socket is wrong, Xeon E3110 is Socket 775

Edit2: uploaded two shots from Windows

Already tried that, but it really can't read temperatures...

Do I have to install that Generic CPU Power Management kext by Superhai to make it work?

Really have no clue there I have a G0 revision chip that has always worked with stock vanilla install .kext other than the usual changes to make it boot on a PC.

voltage - reading values provided by superhai's kext.

so, all 1S xeons use lga775 ?

These Ones:

Xeon UP 3040

Xeon UP 3050

Xeon UP 3060

Xeon UP 3065

Xeon UP 3070

Xeon UP 3075

Xeon UP 3085

Xeon UP E3110

Xeon UP X3210

Xeon UP X3220

Xeon UP X3230

Xeon UP X3320

Xeon UP X3330

Xeon UP X3350

Xeon UP X3360

Xeon UP X3370

Really have no clue there I have a G0 revision chip that has always worked with stock vanilla install .kext other than the usual changes to make it boot on a PC.

Mine is revision C0.

Strange is that MSR Tools works here, but it loads CPU at 100% and then Leopard freezes.

Just a question... Do you use Superhai's Generic CPU Power Management kext?

Mine is revision C0.

Strange is that MSR Tools works here, but it loads CPU at 100% and then Leopard freezes.

Just a question... Do you use Superhai's Generic CPU Power Management kext?

No I have a changed ACPIPlatform to get restart working, use the AppleSMBIOSEFI-28, a fixed IONetworkingFamily for time machine, dsmos.kext to be able to boot and Chameleon installed with a couple of cosmetic changes for display purposes pretty much the least you can get away with to be able to run it on a PC.

No I have a changed ACPIPlatform to get restart working, use the AppleSMBIOSEFI-28, a fixed IONetworkingFamily for time machine, dsmos.kext to be able to boot and Chameleon installed with a couple of cosmetic changes for display purposes pretty much the least you can get away with to be able to run it on a PC.

I've tried before with a modified ACPIPlataform kext, but it didn't make temperatures to be read. Now I'm using original ACPIPlataform with OpenHaltRestart to make Shutdown/Restart work.

Maybe it's your G0 revision CPU or your motherboard.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3L.

Edit: I've just noticed that your CPU is a Q6600, it's a 65nm CPU, so maybe Temperature Monitor detects it automatically.