• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

Azimutz

Azimutz

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Interests:At the moment, OSx86.. In general, music, audiophile, computers.. to much to mention...
I used it to make a DVD without bootloader, to boot with XPC from USB stick. I needed to place Voodoo kernel in the DVD and found the bug so, i made a package to install only the kernel but named Bootloader, placed in Inputs/DVD/Installer.
Don't know if it works with apps..? i made some tests long time ago and i wasn't very successful.. can't remember exactly why.
Don't worry, you're doing great :)
But, let's post in the topic STLVNUB posted.. i'm tracking it.
See ya.

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,156 posts

WOW! That's a relief. :) I have been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out what I did wrong.

I will have a look at your workaround. Thanks.

Bug is fixed in V1.6, may have that ready to go today....
Before I release it can you test this bit of script for me.
in Build.sh can you REPLACE the Check4SpacesAndInstall @ line 204 (may have changed)
with this.

Check4SpacesAndInstall()
{
SOURCE_DIR="${1}"
pushd "${SOURCE_DIR}"
TARGET="${TARGET_VOLUME}"
for pkg in `ls . | fgrep .pkg`; do
installer -pkg "${SOURCE_DIR}"/"${pkg}" -target "$TARGET"
user=1
done
popd
}

This SHOULD fix the problem which came about because someone had requested the need to install packages with spaces in their names, this worked but broke it for other types of packages.
Just don't have spaces in package filenames and you should be ok.

New V1.6 has a few other FIXES and IMPROVEMENTS as well.

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 688 posts

Bug is fixed in V1.6, may have that ready to go today....
Before I release it can you test this bit of script for me.
in Build.sh can you REPLACE the Check4SpacesAndInstall @ line 204 (may have changed)
with this.

Check4SpacesAndInstall()
{
SOURCE_DIR="${1}"
pushd "${SOURCE_DIR}"
TARGET="${TARGET_VOLUME}"
for pkg in `ls . | fgrep .pkg`; do
installer -pkg "${SOURCE_DIR}"/"${pkg}" -target "$TARGET"
user=1
done
popd
}

This SHOULD fix the problem which came about because someone had requested the need to install packages with spaces in their names, this worked but broke it for other types of packages.
Just don't have spaces in package filenames and you should be ok.

New V1.6 has a few other FIXES and IMPROVEMENTS as well.

OK! Tested! Sorry for the delay. My wife reminded me that the lawn needed mowing before house guests arrived on Monday and one must keep the priorities straight.

I applied the patch you gave to both Build and BuildIso scripts. I tired both Auto mode and DVD -> Build ISO. Both worked correctly. The new app package was installed on the Installer system and appeared in /Applications/Utilities as expected. Thanks for the patch.

I still have a problem with the Installer Utilities menu list. I modified the CoreServices -> Installer -> Contents -> Resources -> InstallerMenuAdditions.plist file to include the new app but when I boot the new OSX Installation Partition the Installer Utilitys Menu is unchanged. Oh Well - > back to the drawing board.

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,156 posts

OK! Tested! Sorry for the delay. My wife reminded me that the lawn needed mowing before house guests arrived on Monday and one must keep the priorities straight.

I applied the patch you gave to both Build and BuildIso scripts. I tired both Auto mode and DVD -> Build ISO. Both worked correctly. The new app package was installed on the Installer system and appeared in /Applications/Utilities as expected. Thanks for the patch.

I still have a problem with the Installer Utilities menu list. I modified the CoreServices -> Installer -> Contents -> Resources -> InstallerMenuAdditions.plist file to include the new app but when I boot the new OSX Installation Partition the Installer Utilitys Menu is unchanged. Oh Well - > back to the drawing board.

Glad it worked.
May be an idea to put any further questions in the Main Thread.
http://forum.insanel...owtopic=129593#

Will upload new 1.6 package AFTER I get unshaped, going from 17mb to 64kb sucks.
Stupid BIGPUDDLE...

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,156 posts
New Version Coming...
Snow Support plus more.
Stay Tuned...

EGOvoruhk

EGOvoruhk

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
OoooOOooooOOh really?

You sir, have just piqued my interest :)

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,156 posts
Yes, things are REALLY hotting up...

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 688 posts

Yes, things are REALLY hotting up...

If there is anything any of us can do to help - other than staying out of the way - don't hesitate to ask.

Haterade

Haterade

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Great Work,

DVD i made had no mach_kernal in Root and would not boot installer.... suggestions?

-Haterade

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,156 posts

Great Work,

DVD i made had no mach_kernal in Root and would not boot installer.... suggestions?

-Haterade

Please use this
http://forum.insanel...owtopic=129593#
for any questions.

Thanks

Trograin

Trograin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:A lot as long as there is Eye Candy involved and maybe sci-fi, and technology..and mostly to dre...
Snow Leopard friendly..... o blooodddyyy hell. I cant wait for this to be coming out. Up untill now I hav been relying on other people to bundle of anice good dvd with all kind of customized kexts to chosoe from and nice noob friendly howtos and such. Screw that. I have been running Leopard since 10.5.5 and been learnign more and more, now its time to start customizing me own dvd specified for me own system. But I run allready 10.5.8 and next step... weeel, Snowy here I come. But I will be waiting for your app to reach Snow Leopard readiness since I dont like to dualboot my system ( most howtos out there are about dualbooting leopard and snow leopard for the time beeing). STLVNUB, you are my hero mate, keep up the good work and I will keep me thumbs up for yah :thumbsup_anim:

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,156 posts
Thanks for the kind words.

With the New IH, you will ONLY be able to do a Snow Leopard build ON Snow Leopard, and Leopard build ON Leopard.

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,156 posts
There is one DISTRO making the rounds called SnowOSX3.5/SnowOSX3.6 that was made by my INSTAHAckintosh.
NOT what INSTAHAckintosh was designed it for!!

I TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO DISTANCE MYSELF FROM IT.

To make matters worse, they didn't even take my "NICK" out of the build.NOT very impressed.

Another reason why INSTAHackintosh V2.0 WILL NOT see the light of day for users, just for my own personal use.

Do the right thing and buy the ORIGINAL. I DID!!
Well it was the UPGRADE, If I had the money I would have bought FULL version OR a MAC!!

Support Apple because one day they WILL release a version for PC's, its just a matter of WHEN.

And with that I depart....Consider this project closed, bye!! (there really is NO NEED for it)

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 688 posts

There is one DISTRO making the rounds called SnowOSX3.5/SnowOSX3.6 that was made by my INSTAHAckintosh.
NOT what INSTAHAckintosh was designed it for!!

I TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO DISTANCE MYSELF FROM IT.

To make matters worse, they didn't even take my "NICK" out of the build.NOT very impressed.

Another reason why INSTAHackintosh V2.0 WILL NOT see the light of day for users, just for my own personal use.

Do the right thing and buy the ORIGINAL. I DID!!
Well it was the UPGRADE, If I had the money I would have bought FULL version OR a MAC!!

Support Apple because one day they WILL release a version for PC's, its just a matter of WHEN.

And with that I depart....Consider this project closed, bye!! (there really is NO NEED for it)

I am sorry to see you withdraw this fine app. It has been very useful to those of us who wanted to maintain a patched and up-to-date version of our retail installer DVD.

I don't question the decision you made. It's just a shame that a few jackasses have to ruin things for the rest of us.

Good luck and God speed in whatever you do in the future.

Dmitry-e

Dmitry-e

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
INSTAHackintosh V1.5 Download with INSTAHackintosh_LiveDVD.app (IHL)
http://www.mediafire...php?1kzwqbkzzmm

:D Invalid or Deleted File :P

Update the reference please!!!

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,156 posts
I'll do one better and DELETE the reference

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy