• 1,124 posts
CONSIDER THIS VERSION CLOSED

nintendoguy

nintendoguy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
i want to change the bootloader on my disk. i do not know which setting to use. which should i use? i dont understand the readme. i might also want to add a new package in the installer folder. should i use the installer selection?

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,124 posts

i want to change the bootloader on my disk. i do not know which setting to use. which should i use? i dont understand the readme. i might also want to add a new package in the installer folder. should i use the installer selection?

The package is really tailored for dfe-132, while their is options for other loaders I haven't really tried them.
With your specs I would suggest you use dfe-132 bootloader. Its really the only way to go.

Place your needed kexts for 132 into Bootloader/Extensions.You may need to research this a bit firstas they need editing.
The default ones pertain to my setup so if your setup is is close to mine ALL you need to do is build.

Place any packages for the Installer into Inputs/Installer/Packages.
These will be installed to the DVD only.You can also put the same packages into Inputs/Installed/Packages/01-??
Really depends on what YOU want to do.

In my setup, I only have kexts for sound in s/l/e, the rest are in Extra/Extension.mkext.

May seem a bit daunting at first, but when you get the idea, its really very simple.

If you have HD space restore your first build to a partition and work on getting that going first, before you burn some dvd's.
A lot faster doing it this way.
Hope this helps.

stellarola

stellarola

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
Hey STLVNUB.

This would be great to have in a Chameleon with DSDT fix flavor. So we can add the dsdt.aml to the disc. This would ensure some future proofing. :)

Thanks!

-Stell

sama7896

sama7896

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
let me be the first to congratulate you... u really cleaned up instahackintosh folder... looks like a very mature version - will try this weekend

This would be great to have in a Chameleon with DSDT fix flavor. So we can add the dsdt.aml to the disc. This would ensure some future proofing.

yeah.. but i guess that will be the next version of chameleon, don't think anyone managed so far to integrate b132 and dsdt fix. If i'm wrong, please correct me with a link :P Plus, it doesn't look like anyone is in a hurry to do that until the x.5.6 update comes out - plus there is the issue of the processor getting hotter after the fix - don't think that has any appeal to the users ... I do think the developers are working hard on that :(

nintendoguy

nintendoguy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Thanks for the reply, but last night I hit the slash key while it was running, and it messed up my EFI partition and I lost all my kexts. This weekend I will me swaping motherboards. All I wanted to do earlier was change the kext's

Blue-K

Blue-K

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
A shame that I don't have the time to try this out yet...let's wait another week <_< . But I can't wait to try it :D .

Anyways, many thanks for the release, STLVNUB!

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,883 posts
I tried it and after some problem to understand where i have to put my special .kexts / .pkg, i got my first own
OSX.DMG build (full build, DFE Mode).
Q1:
What exact means DFE (is it that mode which uses orig. Apple drivers /install with some preloaded own kexts on HD in an special EFI folder) ?
Q2:
I removed the NATIT.KEXT because i use an own gfxstring in the boot.plist (all NATITs will KP my ATI3850 System or didnt work).
I overwritten all found existed (in the orig. V0.5 ) boot.plist with my own. (near same , except added gfxstring)
Was that OK or must i copy my own boot.plist somewhere were no boot.plist was before (in V0.5 orig). ?

Please: When there was examples (like 889a.kext) in the readme , it was much more clear what to do , than other parts without such examples.
Would be fine if someone add some more examples for each way (DFE way, EFI+CHAMELEON way, HD/USB way) where i have to copy what (some parts need only .kext most need some .pkg for own installations).
I will try the boot from that DVD tomorrow.

stellarola

stellarola

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

let me be the first to congratulate you... u really cleaned up instahackintosh folder... looks like a very mature version - will try this weekend

yeah.. but i guess that will be the next version of chameleon, don't think anyone managed so far to integrate b132 and dsdt fix. If i'm wrong, please correct me with a link :lol: Plus, it doesn't look like anyone is in a hurry to do that until the x.5.6 update comes out - plus there is the issue of the processor getting hotter after the fix - don't think that has any appeal to the users ... I do think the developers are working hard on that :lol:

It's true that the CPU appears to be running hotter with the Appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext loaded. This isn't really an issue if people use either a disabler kext or even using a CPU Throttler like SuperHai's speedstep kext. The kext in question is AppleRTC (Real Time Clock).

-Stell

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,883 posts
I tried my DFE-Mode DVD. I get parsing error very early (parsing boot.plist ?) Didnt boot at all.
Can the DFE-Mode not handle EFI-gfxstring ? (like EFI or Chameleon Mode) ?

nintendoguy

nintendoguy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
The osinstall maker is not working. it keeps saying it cant find the files it needs because it is looking for InstaHackintoshV03

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,883 posts
I read trough the main thread but cant get clearer.
In the orig. V05 DL some of the .kext in /Bootloader/Extensions have:
like JMicronATA.kext
OSBundleRequired Local-Root
like AppleAPIC.kext
OSBundleRequired Root
Some of my own (copied into /Bootloader/Extensions ) didnt have any OSBundleRequired key at all.
Q1: Must i add this key to my own .kext if i copy it to the V05 paths ? Or does the V05 script do that adding?
Q2: Which OSBundleRequired is needed: Root or Local-Root ?
Q3: What kext must be copied into /Bootloader/DFE/Extra , /Bootloader/Boot/System/Library/Extensions ? And when - it is different for DFE or EFI/Chameleon Mode ?
Q4: For me ist NOT CLEAR what copy where if i use DFE or EFI / CHameleon !
Also Installer folders and Installed folders difference for what is where to copy is unclear for the different usages : DFE Mode / EFI_Chameleon Mode.
I think it will be an difference of copy to... hamdling for DFE or EFI/Chameleon - but i cant get understand the mixed explains in the readme.
Better to make different explain parts (where to copy what) for DFE and EFI/CHameleon.

For me, used DFE Mode-Full, your script worked without an error, created DMG but didnt boot.
I am sure it is because of some what copy where understand problems!
An solution of that (often) what copy were problem would be:
1. creating an folder user in the main folder of the script
2. User copies all own .kexts in only here!
3. Script takes/copies that content self into the needed folders , depending the selected way: DFE, EFI/Chameleon
So the scripts folders can stay untouched by the user (only touched by the script) and errors (wrong copies, not made copies, wrong folder copies) may be much less.
THANKS for lot of work with the script !!!!

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,124 posts

I tried my DFE-Mode DVD. I get parsing error very early (parsing boot.plist ?) Didnt boot at all.
Can the DFE-Mode not handle EFI-gfxstring ? (like EFI or Chameleon Mode) ?

I haven't done the efi-string bit as I found it didn't work, well not with this version anyway.
Maybe try Restoring DVD to a spare partition and getting that to work first.
Then apply same methods to the build.

I think their is a DFE version that does efi-strings, may look at it and see if I can get it to work.

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,883 posts

I haven't done the efi-string bit as I found it didn't work, well not with this version anyway.
Maybe try Restoring DVD to a spare partition and getting that to work first.
Then apply same methods to the build.

I think their is a DFE version that does efi-strings, may look at it and see if I can get it to work.

Thanks.
I will first need to get my GPU work without an EFI-gfxstring, no problem.
Would be fine to if my "what copy where" understand problem could be fixed by such an solution
of an added user folder (all user .kexts come in here - no more copy "by hand").
I explained that maybe solution in my last post. Thanks very much!

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,124 posts

I read trough the main thread but cant get clearer.
In the orig. V05 DL some of the .kext in /Bootloader/Extensions have:
like JMicronATA.kext
OSBundleRequired Local-Root
like AppleAPIC.kext
OSBundleRequired Root
Some of my own (copied into /Bootloader/Extensions ) didnt have any OSBundleRequired key at all.
Q1: Must i add this key to my own .kext if i copy it to the V05 paths ? Or does the V05 script do that adding?
Q2: Which OSBundleRequired is needed: Root or Local-Root ?
Q3: What kext must be copied into /Bootloader/DFE/Extra , /Bootloader/Boot/System/Library/Extensions ? And when - it is different for DFE or EFI/Chameleon Mode ?
Q4: For me ist NOT CLEAR what copy where if i use DFE or EFI / CHameleon !
Also Installer folders and Installed folders difference for what is where to copy is unclear for the different usages : DFE Mode / EFI_Chameleon Mode.
I think it will be an difference of copy to... hamdling for DFE or EFI/Chameleon - but i cant get understand the mixed explains in the readme.
Better to make different explain parts (where to copy what) for DFE and EFI/CHameleon.

For me, used DFE Mode-Full, your script worked without an error, created DMG but didnt boot.
I am sure it is because of some what copy where understand problems!
THANKS for lot of work with the script !!!!

The kexts in Bootloader/Extensions pertain to my setup. You will probably need to replace some.
You will need to add the OSBundleRequired/Root string to any kexts that don't have them if using DFE.
Root
Bootloader/Extensions folder is for DFE. Put your extensions there.Extensions.mkext is generated in Extra folder.
All other loader use /Bootloader/Boot/System/Library/Extensions
I'm mainly supporting DFE-132 as I think it is the best to use.Hence the lack of info for the other loaders.
I included support for the other bootloaders and have not tried them so don't really know if they work.
The Installer is the DVD, The Installed is the System that gets Installed.
The bootloader is put into both places to allow both DVD and the Installed system to boot.
Installed bootloader, DFE_Installer.pkg, is selectable in OSInstall.mpkg when you run the DVD.

I know the instructions are probably a bit vague but when you get the idea it is really quite simple.

Bootloader handles all boot related stuff.DFE folder for DFE, Boot folder for others.
Inputs is for your input, dmg, packages, combo updates etc.
Outputs contains all the files that are output,Backups, Iso, Logs, caches etc.

I recommend restoring your first iso to a partition and try to get this to work, then use that knowledge to do the build.

Hope this helps.

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,883 posts

The kexts in Bootloader/Extensions pertain to my setup. You will probably need to replace some.
You will need to add the OSBundleRequired/Root string to any kexts that don't have them if using DFE.
Root
Bootloader/Extensions folder is for DFE. Put your extensions there.Extensions.mkext is generated in Extra folder.
All other loader use /Bootloader/Boot/System/Library/Extensions
I'm mainly supporting DFE-132 as I think it is the best to use.Hence the lack of info for the other loaders.
I included support for the other bootloaders and have not tried them so don't really know if they work.
The Installer is the DVD, The Installed is the System that gets Installed.
The bootloader is put into both places to allow both DVD and the Installed system to boot.
Installed bootloader, DFE_Installer.pkg, is selectable in OSInstall.mpkg when you run the DVD.

I know the instructions are probably a bit vague but when you get the idea it is really quite simple.

Bootloader handles all boot related stuff.DFE folder for DFE, Boot folder for others.
Inputs is for your input, dmg, packages, combo updates etc.
Outputs contains all the files that are output,Backups, Iso, Logs, caches etc.
I recommend restoring your first iso to a partition and try to get this to work, then use that knowledge to do the build.

Hope this helps.

THANKS, helped much for understanding!

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,124 posts

THANKS, helped much for understanding!

Your welcome.

sama7896

sama7896

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
i am attempting to create a build with my packages into dvd install customize section and to use chameleon as a bloader - testing this in hope of achieving a chameleon environment for dsdt patch on mbr . This time - no dfe :rolleyes:(
Took me a 2 hours to do all my packages (don't worry it's all about custom apps), but hey .. worth it as long as they are saved and ready to use another time.
Btw ... very techy readme ...
wish me good luck

edit1: damn the script runs smooth ..

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,124 posts
Things can only get BETTER.....

Working on V06.
Added new mode
Test.

What it does it allows you to try out the build BEFORE you write a dvd.
Few other fixes as well.
Oh yeah
Also
~pcwiz is working on GUI!!!
Should be quite neat.

Will post updates as they happen.

i am attempting to create a build with my packages into dvd install customize section and to use chameleon as a bloader - testing this in hope of achieving a chameleon environment for dsdt patch on mbr . This time - no dfe ;) (
Took me a 2 hours to do all my packages (don't worry it's all about custom apps), but hey .. worth it as long as they are saved and ready to use another time.
Btw ... very techy readme ...
wish me good luck

edit1: damn the script runs smooth ..

You are probably the first to test that loader, don't really know if the other loaders work.
But pretty sure it will, well sorta sure...
Good luck.

sama7896

sama7896

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

You are probably the first to test that loader, don't really know if the other loaders work.
But pretty sure it will, well sorta sure...
Good luck.

well, it doesn't : it hanks at the blinking cursor. If i do boot it with my working install, it gives a kp or hangs.
oh well, at least customize menu works on the dvd.
I'll get working on a dfe-based install...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy