See our progress here at MyHPMini.com.
http://www.myhpmini....h...=356&p=2486

jbl08

jbl08

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

did you use the broadcom enabler script to make the wifi working?

Yes. I used broadcom enabler script.

Steps:
1. download broadcom enabler script, with another computer, from http://forum.insanel...t...st&id=13109

2. transfer the downloaded bcm43xx_enabler.sh.zip to HP mini, unzip, and run bcm43xx_enabler.sh in Terminal. Follow the simple instructoins when running the script

3. open the following file with a text editor (You can use vi or download Coda with another computer. TextEdit doesn't seem to let you save without write permission first.)
/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/Contents/Info.plist

4. change
<string>pci14e4,4318</string>
to
<string>pci14e4,4315</string>

5. save

6. reboot

Res

Res

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
To all:
During installing iDeneb 10.5.5, make sure you have selected wireless-> Broadcom. Then you will have broadcom enabler in your disk root. Follow jbl08's or my previous posts, you will have wireless enabled. It's very easy, useful and stable.

About the audio, you can follow this thread.
With the general IDT enabler, you can see all the audio settings in system pro, pref were available. Even the on screen volume bar is okay(fn + f11). However, the only sound you get is a "bo" while booting into desktop. In my personal opinion, I think, basicaly the driver is okay but we need some tweak about the info.plist to match the chip. I will attach my codec dump and pinconfig below. If someone can modify the info. plist, I am preciate.

By the way, before booting into Darwin, you have couple seconds to enable your wifi and BT, just press the hardware buttom. You can control some hardwares before Darwin takes it over.

About the screen brightness, I think the current instruction that we use to enable the GMA 950 is not completed. Cause, you can use function key to control the brightness (not total but works) before installing the VGA kext. After installing it, the function key fails. Now I use "brightness control" to do it. (A free software, you can find it on versiontracker)

Attached File  codec_dump.txt   7.09KB   116 downloads

Attached File  byteflip.txt   488bytes   73 downloads

enjoy it!

Res

Res

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hi:

I have figured out how to modify the ethernet driver.

First, during idenneb 10.5.5 installation, select ethernet-> wired-> marvell and yukon (sorry! I forget which one I selected but you can do both). For those who have a completed installed system, you can use pacifist to extract the file from the dvd.

copy system-> library-> Extensions-> IONetworkingFamily.kext -> contents-> Plugins-> AppleYukon.kext -> Contents -> info.plist to your desktop. Open it and replace 1. 88e8053 to 88e8040 (two of them) 2. 0x436111AB to 0x435411AB. Save and drag it in to the original place to replace the old one. (You need to authenticate to complete the action.) Fix permissions and reboot. (If you are not familiar with Darwin command, you can use EFIstudio to fix it.)

After reboot, open System pref-> Network, you will get a new ethernet interface. However, you may find that it's not working while you plug a ethernet cable in. That's because we still need a SMSC LAN9500 USB to ethernet adapter driver. About this, the good side is they did have a mac driver on their website, the bad side is it needs a E-service account to login. So! does someone know how to get an E-service account? Or does someone happen to have the driver? Here is their website, press

Thought, in system profile, it can display the MAC of the card. Due to the USB driver is not available, I can not test it.

phossil

phossil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Wow really great work Res and spidy! I just bought this computer today and I've been digging around for info on an OS X install on it, this is great info! As of now it doesn't seem too bad, the biggest problems being wifi is a pain, sleep seems to be only successful for some, and the ever present no audio issue.

Have you considered replacing the wifi card with one that is known to play nicer with OS X? I would also imagine that the audio card is on mobo but if it's an actual card then replacing it with the card in the Wind could be a fix (this card, Realtek I believe, has actual manufacturer drivers released).

Can't wait to dive in and give this a shot (can't until Christmas though!), great job so far keep up the good work, hopefully I'll be able to contribute!

Res

Res

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Wow really great work Res and spidy! I just bought this computer today and I've been digging around for info on an OS X install on it, this is great info! As of now it doesn't seem too bad, the biggest problems being wifi is a pain, sleep seems to be only successful for some, and the ever present no audio issue.

Have you considered replacing the wifi card with one that is known to play nicer with OS X? I would also imagine that the audio card is on mobo but if it's an actual card then replacing it with the card in the Wind could be a fix (this card, Realtek I believe, has actual manufacturer drivers released).

Can't wait to dive in and give this a shot (can't until Christmas though!), great job so far keep up the good work, hopefully I'll be able to contribute!

The wifi is very fast and stable. You don't need to replace it.

phossil

phossil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

The wifi is very fast and stable. You don't need to replace it.

I was referring to the issue with having to start up in windows to enable it, though you're probably right; this is probably an issue with the wifi enable switch rather than with the wifi card itself.

paolo6180

paolo6180

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i have a problem, how i can install the battery status?? Thanks

Res

Res

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Dear all:

I have a good news for you. Now, the battery info and sleep mode are available.

All you need is install all the kexts I uploaded with kext helper and repair permission with EFIstudio. Reboot, done!

Enjoy it!

By the way, the only kernel I have tested is vanilla 9.5 (10.5.5).
And before you put mini into sleep, remember to eject every USB storage devices first (hard disk, flash drive).

kext for battery and sleep Attached File  Kext_bundle.zip   1.71MB   344 downloads

kext for wired ethernet (Note, the LAN9500 USB to ethernet adapter mac driver is not included) Attached File  IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip   521.74KB   199 downloads

After installing them, before rebooting you can delete all the previous Jas-tiger-ACPI relating kexts.

Note, the audio chip driver is not completed yet, but with these kexts, you can solve the "flash player 2 seconds stop" issue.

myquealer

myquealer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Res,

What happens if we put it to sleep with a USB Flash drive mounted? I am running OS X from a flash drive, so I can't unmount that....

Thanks for all your work on this. My wife loves the MacBook Mini she got for Christmas.

Does wifi work after waking from sleep with these kexts? Before adding these if I try to put it to sleep it wakes up right away and wifi no longer works.

Res

Res

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Res,

What happens if we put it to sleep with a USB Flash drive mounted? I am running OS X from a flash drive, so I can't unmount that....

Thanks for all your work on this. My wife loves the MacBook Mini she got for Christmas.

Does wifi work after waking from sleep with these kexts? Before adding these if I try to put it to sleep it wakes up right away and wifi no longer works.

If you put it into sleep with USB storage devices connected, after it wakes up there will be an error message about unexpected removing devices. At that situation, sleep may hang your system (if your boot disk is an external USB device). But you can try it, let me know what it will be.

About the wifi, how did you get it working? Before these kexts, my wifi reconnected after it waked up right away.

Res

Res

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Now follow the instructions in this blog, the "device removal" warning is solved.

myquealer

myquealer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It is possible it has never wakened from sleep successfully with my USB Flash OS. The wifi light is orange indicating it is not working, but I just get the spinning beach ball until I reset anyway.

I tried installing all the kexts in your package above and could no longer boot OS X. Your bundle has a different AppleACPIPlatform and different AppleAPIC than I have working. Are we really supposed to switch those to what is in your bundle? Switching back to the ones I had bfore fixed my booting problem.

Res

Res

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

It is possible it has never wakened from sleep successfully with my USB Flash OS. The wifi light is orange indicating it is not working, but I just get the spinning beach ball until I reset anyway.

I tried installing all the kexts in your package above and could no longer boot OS X. Your bundle has a different AppleACPIPlatform and different AppleAPIC than I have working. Are we really supposed to switch those to what is in your bundle? Switching back to the ones I had bfore fixed my booting problem.

I don't think the "failed to boot" comes from the new AppleACPIPlatform.kext. Actually, the kext is not new, it's a hybrid from Jas-tiger core and ideneb-10.5.5 shell.

What version is your installation disk? Did you modify anything to get your USB flash booting? If your installation DVD is ideneb 10.5.5 and you did not modify anything to get your flash booting, then you can try the original modified ideneb-10.5.5 sleep-enabled usb kext.

modified ideneb-10.5.5 sleep-enabled usb kext Attached File  IOUSB_origi.zip   1.15MB   82 downloads

After install my kext bundle, if you suffer from unable to shout down. Here is your cure. Attached File  OpenHaltRestart.kext.zip   27.99KB   83 downloads

atenjp

atenjp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

To all:
During installing iDeneb 10.5.5, make sure you have selected wireless-> Broadcom. Then you will have broadcom enabler in your disk root. Follow jbl08's or my previous posts, you will have wireless enabled. It's very easy, useful and stable.

About the audio, you can follow this thread.
With the general IDT enabler, you can see all the audio settings in system pro, pref were available. Even the on screen volume bar is okay(fn + f11). However, the only sound you get is a "bo" while booting into desktop. In my personal opinion, I think, basicaly the driver is okay but we need some tweak about the info.plist to match the chip. I will attach my codec dump and pinconfig below. If someone can modify the info. plist, I am preciate.

By the way, before booting into Darwin, you have couple seconds to enable your wifi and BT, just press the hardware buttom. You can control some hardwares before Darwin takes it over.

About the screen brightness, I think the current instruction that we use to enable the GMA 950 is not completed. Cause, you can use function key to control the brightness (not total but works) before installing the VGA kext. After installing it, the function key fails. Now I use "brightness control" to do it. (A free software, you can find it on versiontracker)

Attached File  codec_dump.txt   7.09KB   116 downloads

Attached File  byteflip.txt   488bytes   73 downloads

enjoy it!

TO Res : you can try those tools (xcode+Audieee)
http://www.eeefan.co...-10287-1-1.html

Res

Res

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

TO Res : you can try those tools (xcode+Audieee)
http://www.eeefan.co...-10287-1-1.html

You sure? This is an IDT chip... not ALC.

tinytimer

tinytimer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I wanted to chime in and compliment you guys. Great work. I'm considering buying one of these, and I'm happy to see that people are organizing and making progress to get os x running.

DixH

DixH

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Dear all:

I have a good news for you. Now, the battery info and sleep mode are available.

All you need is install all the kexts I uploaded with kext helper and repair permission with EFIstudio. Reboot, done!

Enjoy it!

By the way, the only kernel I have tested is vanilla 9.5 (10.5.5).
And before you put mini into sleep, remember to eject every USB storage devices first (hard disk, flash drive).

kext for battery and sleep Attached File  Kext_bundle.zip   1.71MB   344 downloads

kext for wired ethernet (Note, the LAN9500 USB to ethernet adapter mac driver is not included) Attached File  IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip   521.74KB   199 downloads
After installing them, before rebooting you can delete all the previous Jas-tiger-ACPI relating kexts.

Note, the audio chip driver is not completed yet, but with these kexts, you can solve the "flash player 2 seconds stop" issue.

I tried several times to install the kexts for battery and sleep but they are not working properly on my HP MINI 1000. I've installed iDeneb 10.5.5 (ICHx fix, ACPI fix *, CPUS=1 and remove firewire). I use OSX86tool to repair permissons.

After installing them My HP MINI 1000 is constantly put into sleep mode after a few seconds (between 1 and 60 seconds, i guess). Furthermore, the battery indication is not correct. When it is in the 'percentage mode' it will differ after every sleep and it says it is connected to the outlet while it isn't.

I tried to install them directly after a iDeneb installation but also as described after first installing the Jas-Tiger-Acpi kexts.

*I also tried to install them on a iDeneb installation without the ACPI fix.

What am I doing wrong?

cmot

cmot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Res/Spidey, others:

I am really hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. I am at a dead end. And I can't RTFM! Here it is:

1. I got the iDeneb 10.5.5 .iso image.
2. DVD would never boot my mini - I suspect some odd incompatibility in the DVD reader.
3. Did a disk image to a flash drive, then installed Chameleon Installer. Ah ha! Flash drive boots my mini, I get the iDeneb installer and can run disk utility etc. Seems to install fine. I have tried the specific custom options suggested by Carlos and others, but to no avail. Every combination I have tried results in a boot crash with the following error:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xEA2CC65): "Unsupported CPU\n"@/SourceCache/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement-39.2/cstateCPU.c.:627
Debugger called: <panic>

---

suggestions? Did I miss a necessary install option? Other ideas? I keep feeling I am missing something obvious or some boot option I should be entering prior to install or when faced with boot options (as opposed to custom install choices - but I might be missing something here too).

Is there a way to check if I am using the correct version of iDeneb?

Thanks much in advance, CMOT

voluptuary

voluptuary

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Res/Spidey, others:

I am really hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. I am at a dead end. And I can't RTFM! Here it is:

1. I got the iDeneb 10.5.5 .iso image.
2. DVD would never boot my mini - I suspect some odd incompatibility in the DVD reader.
3. Did a disk image to a flash drive, then installed Chameleon Installer. Ah ha! Flash drive boots my mini, I get the iDeneb installer and can run disk utility etc. Seems to install fine. I have tried the specific custom options suggested by Carlos and others, but to no avail. Every combination I have tried results in a boot crash with the following error:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xEA2CC65): "Unsupported CPU\n"@/SourceCache/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement-39.2/cstateCPU.c.:627
Debugger called: <panic>

---

suggestions? Did I miss a necessary install option? Other ideas? I keep feeling I am missing something obvious or some boot option I should be entering prior to install or when faced with boot options (as opposed to custom install choices - but I might be missing something here too).

Is there a way to check if I am using the correct version of iDeneb?

Thanks much in advance, CMOT

are you using a nforce patched ideneb? or just a stock one? maybe that is your problem booting from DVD. Are you skipping the step where you boot into windows and swap the ACPI kext's with the JaS ones?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy