348 replies to this topic

chiawei

chiawei

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I got some issue about the wireless.
Sometimes the wireless works, and sometimes not when I boot in to Mac OSX.
Is there any problem with my hardware? or it's just because software?
Need help.
Thanks

caalvarez

caalvarez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

The reason I know that is this machine can not fall into sleep in a standard installed retailed version of Vista.

That's interesting. I'm running Windows 7 on it now and have no sleep issues.

pokjai

pokjai

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

That's interesting. I'm running Windows 7 on it now and have no sleep issues.

I was wondering, if whether or not having a SSD would alter the installation process for OSX. Are you still gonna be writing a step by step instruction on the installation, and is there anything one needs to know to install Windows 7?

caalvarez

caalvarez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
An SSD makes no difference. I am in fact installing Mac OS to an SDHC card. The system doesn't care, it just sees all storage equally. I've given up on Mac OS on this machine, and ordered an MSI Wind.

The Windows 7 installation is easy. You will need Vista drivers for the hardware, and there are links to them in a thread on myhpmini.com in the Windows section.

cmot

cmot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I can start debugging some of these issues if someone posts a cookbook, so I can get it installed in the first place...

Cris900

Cris900

iDeneb Team Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,246 posts
Someone has installed ideneb on this HP Mini 100?
If you can, please, post what works and what you have selected, and if you add what kext?
Thank you

If it is possible, can you post kext that you used ..... thanks

caalvarez

caalvarez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Here are my very rough notes on what I had to do. I never polished this up because I gave up on it, since so much of the hardware doesn't work with OS X.

http://www.speedextr.../dec/hp-mac.txt

Cris900

Cris900

iDeneb Team Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,246 posts
What does not work?
Thanks for the file

caalvarez

caalvarez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
No Ethernet
Wi-fi takes a lot of effort and is unstable
No sound
No sleep, and the machine crashes on auto-sleep

clark1234

clark1234

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hello all,

fyi for the technically inclined... there are a few people at this forum:

http://myhpmini.com/forum/ok,-itʹs-wo...-work-t246.html

also trying to make OSx work on a mini... i don't have debug knowhow to offer, but thought this link might be helpful to those that do.

caalvarez

caalvarez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I started that thread. It contains the same info as I posted here.

hamh

hamh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Is anyone still working on the OSX on the mini 1000?

I just got the hp mini 1000 for a week and I might sell it and get a msi wind just because of the Mac OS problem.

Does it look like a impossible task for the mini 1000?

Thanks

will this help on getting the audio working?

http://forum.insanel...hp/t132495.html

caalvarez

caalvarez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Does it look like a impossible task for the mini 1000?

It looks unlikely to happen soon. If YOU want to take on the task of making it work, go for it, but if you want a functional OS X netbook, get the Wind. After having both, I'd recommend buying the Wind anyway, unless the looks of the HP are more important than the better hardware of the Wind.

hamh

hamh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I was looking at this blog http://9to5mac.com/v...netbook-leopard
and looks like they imply they have install mac osx on their hp mini 1000.

I've tried to email them and asked but got no reply at all.

I have an impression that they don't know what they are talking about...

caalvarez

caalvarez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I don't see anything on that page that says they put OS X on the Mini. Did you link to the wrong page?

hamh

hamh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
On the page description below the heading and above the video. they said "We're in luv with Leopard running on our 1GB RAM/8GB Flash HP Mini 1000($359)."

caalvarez

caalvarez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
You're right, and I read it differently. I thought they meant that they liked the idea, but they do say it more directly than that. However I think it's bull. Why would anyone accomplish that and not immediately post the details?

hamh

hamh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Yea, that's why I think they don't know what they are talking about and they are just a bunch of novice.

They did imply something like this again on another post after that, and again, they didn't post any detail about the hp mini 1000.

jbl08

jbl08

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I followed the Res instructions (except I re-installed Windows to create two partitions) in this thread and my HP mini is running iDeneb 10.5.5 just fine. These are my experiences.

1. Once a while the Wi-Fi is turned off after booting. I have to enter Windows to turn it back on using HP Wireless Assistant, and reboot to OS X. The manual switch on the right front side does not work in Mac OS X. I can't determine the pattern when the Wi-Fi is turned off as I seldom encounter this problem lately.

2. The system wakes up right away when entering sleep. The screen is put to sleep normally after a period of inactivity, and can be waked up by keyboard/mouse. When the inactivity time for system to sleep is up, the screen will be waked up. Sleep does not crash my system.

3. I have not tried to hack the audio. Right now some software have to turn off audio related features to run, e.g., Chess (You can have only one move without turning off Speech in Chess preferences).

4. In addition to audio, Ethernet, sleep, the "scroll wheel" on the touch pad does not work, either. I can't see the battery info. The system shuts down abruptly after running out of battery power. Screen brightness control does not work. It stays on the brightest level.

5. The performance is quite acceptable. I feel like running a G4. Text animation in iWork 08 is not fast enough, but very close. 1080p video is out of question. 720p is fine. My mini has 2GB memory.

6. Overall the system is very stable, better than my MacBook Pro running 10.5.0/10.5.1. The only time I had a problem was when I tried to software update to OSX 10.5.6.

It's a beautiful MacBook mini. I would love to have audio so I can use Skype call and SlingPlayer. Hopefully soon.

hamh

hamh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
did you use the broadcom enabler script to make the wifi working?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy