cayman80

cayman80

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
great great picture!!!!!!!!!!
so bluetooth is working as well!
I was asking about windosx86 iso, because the ich7, 945 chipset is about the same in all these mini notebooks.
windosx86 iso seems to work fine on many netbooks with no problem install and sleep and power management working.
great job Res, what about some yuotube video or any other picture?
thanks in advance

FS_OSX

FS_OSX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I was able to go forward.

I am now logged in an account.

Monitor resolution OK
Bluetooth OK
Keyboard and mouse OK

Problem: Mini 1000 keeps going to sleep every 30 seconds then wake up for another 30 seconds...

Latest findings:

USB is powered but do not recognize devices if they are not connected prior to start up.

When going to sleep, devices already connected reconnect and can be used (for example, a USB Cruzer 4GB memory drive)

Res

Res

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

I was able to go forward.

I am now logged in an account.

Monitor resolution OK
Bluetooth OK
Keyboard and mouse OK

Problem: Mini 1000 keeps going to sleep every 30 seconds then wake up for another 30 seconds...
Latest findings:

USB is powered but do not recognize devices if they are not connected prior to start up.

When going to sleep, devices already connected reconnect and can be used (for example, a USB Cruzer 4GB memory drive)

Yes, that is the problem. So I finally realized I have to replace the ACPIplatform and AHCI kext with the Jas-tiger version, then you can solve the sleep issue. And I think you must have selected one of the kernel in the list. Once your kernel version is different from your IOUSBFamily.kext, your USB devices will run into a bizarre behavior. I left it in blank so the default choice is vanilla kernel (9.50). That would be compatible with the version of IOUSBFamily.kext.

Go for it! You'll almost there.

Eps

Eps

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
What about the audio and the camera?
I have interest in this netbook,too.
And,I living in Taipei.

Res

Res

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

What about the audio and the camera?
I have interest in this netbook,too.
And,I living in Taipei.

Hi! Finally got someone from my country. I live in Kaohsiung.
The camera is okay, out of the box.
The audio is still working on.

You can find me at oikos with the name Resonance.

Eps

Eps

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
I have no oikos account,lol.
It seems that there is only one problem is audio.
Can someone provide me the audio's detail spec? (include vendor and device id)
It better that if someone had a linux dump.
I will buy it in few months,but I want to research how to activate it before buying it.

rbolt

rbolt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
thank you for sharing this Res.

By the way did you try it without windows? i dont have plans using windows at all. i hope it can boot ill download the flavor your using. thanks again and please keep us posted. this mini 1000 really does looks like the new macbook i just got 1 month ago hehehe.

Joliv

Joliv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

for the previous posters, could you give some more detail on what is working and what not? Like WIFI?

I'm on the fence right now on buying this one or go for Wind/S10/NC10.

I don't care too much about the whole battery issue and HD space, the design, screen construction of the Mini blows all competition out of the water. Just need to be sure that OS X in some form can run, without having to take it apart.

Cheers,
Joao

FS_OSX

FS_OSX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I am still experiencing stability issues.

For some reasons the computer will freeze after a few seconds.

Res

Res

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

I am still experiencing stability issues.

For some reasons the computer will freeze after a few seconds.

Do you have "Jas 10.5.4 server_client_intel" ? You may try to install all the ich7 related fix in the disc. I don't know why but the iDeneb version seems wire.

Make sure you did delete AppleACPIplatform.kext, AppleAPIC.kext and install the Jas-tiger package.

Attached File  JaS_ACPI_APIC_Tiger_Kexts.zip   210.97KB   191 downloads

qoody

qoody

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Res, good I found this tread! I am also in Taiwan (Taipei) and I am looking for a netbook that can run Mac OS. I am looking at Mini 1000 as the best candidate.

Res, another question I had. Did you try running native Apple applications on Mini 1000, like iWorks?

Res

Res

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Res, good I found this tread! I am also in Taiwan (Taipei) and I am looking for a netbook that can run Mac OS. I am looking at Mini 1000 as the best candidate.

Res, another question I had. Did you try running native Apple applications on Mini 1000, like iWorks?

The video card is native supported so you can run almost all the Apple ap, except Parallel 4.0. That's because Atom doesn't support VT (the minimal requirement of Parallel 4.0 but 3.0 is okay).
Now the greatest issue is audio chip. I think they are quite close to solve the problem if someone is really working on it. I got all the audio related settings in system preference and system profile, even the on screen volume bar is working. But I can only get a "BO" sound while booting into desktop. The audio chip is IDT ID92HD71B7.

cmot

cmot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Please - when you have most of the bugs worked out, could you post a "cookbook" of instructions for those of us interested in also putting OS X on our mini?

Thanks, CMOT

rbolt

rbolt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
i second the motion :)

Please - when you have most of the bugs worked out, could you post a "cookbook" of instructions for those of us interested in also putting OS X on our mini?

Thanks, CMOT

Res

Res

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
After running ubuntu 8.10 for linux codec dump, I found that the audio chip is IDT 92HD75B2X5. I tried to use AppleHDA patcher 1.2 but it responded with an error of unsupported IDT codec. So far, we can only wait for the next version of AppleHDA patcher.

LotozaiMatsushia

LotozaiMatsushia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Ok, so I must be doing something wrong, as I have a fully patched version of iDeneb 10.5.5 that still does not boot.... I am getting strange usbechi iodvdb timeout errors too.
What options are you using at boot?

caalvarez

caalvarez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Ok, mine is working, based on the instructions posted above. I plan to clean up and re-post the instructions in one concise how-to, but it's nearly 5am and I'm not coherent enough to write well.

Basically I used the iDeneb installer and the instructions by Res. Machine is stable, however I have no networking or audio.

Res

Res

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Ok, mine is working, based on the instructions posted above. I plan to clean up and re-post the instructions in one concise how-to, but it's nearly 5am and I'm not coherent enough to write well.

Basically I used the iDeneb installer and the instructions by Res. Machine is stable, however I have no networking or audio.

After you have installed ideneb 10.5.5, you will find a file in your system HD root, named "Broadcom-Script". Run terminal and type commands as below:
1."sudo -s" enter and type your administrator password
2."cd /Broadcom-Script" enter
3."/Broadcom-Script/bcm43xx_enabler.sh" enter
4. follow the instructions of the enabler then your IO80211Family.kext will be patched.
5. open the package of IO80211Family.kext in your system/library/extensions.
6. in /contents/plugins you will find AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext. Open it.
7. open info.plist and change "pci14e4,4318" to "pcie14e4,4315" save and fix permission.
Done!

The bcm43xx_enabler.sh works only on iDeneb 10.5.5. Maybe it's because of the recent Airport update included.

caalvarez

caalvarez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Res, have you been able to get sleep or sound working or make any progress on that? The machine won't sleep, so that makes it pretty useless as an ultra-portable. Any ideas on where to start looking at potential fixes?

Res

Res

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Res, have you been able to get sleep or sound working or make any progress on that? The machine won't sleep, so that makes it pretty useless as an ultra-portable. Any ideas on where to start looking at potential fixes?

As I said on the above posts, so far the audio, sleep and wired ethernet do not work.

I am still waiting for the VGA cable to test the mirror screen. Rumors said that the cable would be available until 2009/1.

About the audio, your can follow this thread, I have post the codec dump to see if someone could help us.

According to the engineer of HP, he said that Intel did some modification on the chip cell (north-bridge) to save more battery life. It is possible that this system is not build on a standard ACPI platform. The reason I know that is this machine can not fall into sleep in a standard installed retailed version of Vista. It needs some fixes, just like the winxp sp3 fixes provided on the HP website. Maybe that's why we have to replace the ACPIPlatform.kext with the Jas-tiger version to stabilize the system.

Anyway, hope someone can really help us to solve the audio and sleep problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy