• 112 posts
anyone get sleep working on SL?

0m3gA

0m3gA

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
I went through reinstalling Snow Leopard again on my HP Mini 1000, and after trying to do it all manually I found that NetbookBootMaker works really well. I used v0.8.2 and with almost no effort got full video acceleration, wireless, ethernet, battery, trackpad, keyboard, webcam. Evidently only audio (and microphone) isn't working out of the box. [edit] sleep isnt either.

http://code.google.c...book-installer/

I ran Software Update and installed the 10.6.1 and iTunes 9 with no problems.

I tried to run NetbookInstaller but it always seemed to hang on "Instaling Power Managment bundle".

So I installed Chameleon 2 RC3 manually and used kexthelper to install VoodooHDA. [edit] mic still not working.

Then I ran ShowAllFiles and copied the Extra folder from my flash drive to the local drive.

mcroger

mcroger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
For sleep, you can look at here and check if this works for you (but you need the patched dsdt.aml posted in the same post). (so the plist + dsdt)

mcroger

mcroger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Yeap, now sleep works for me :)

dsmevolution

dsmevolution

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I don't know if anyone has run in to this in the past, but i've got a weird and ultimately annoying issue. I've been trying to installed iDeneb 10.5.7 on my HP Mini 1000 and it sees the install and boots in to it, but I get to a point where the window is so big, it's larger than the screen and I can't click on the next buttons because they're off the screen. Is there something I can do to fix this?

pwolfe

pwolfe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
any more luck getting sleep working on SL?

AeroWV

AeroWV

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I don't know if anyone has run in to this in the past, but i've got a weird and ultimately annoying issue. I've been trying to installed iDeneb 10.5.7 on my HP Mini 1000 and it sees the install and boots in to it, but I get to a point where the window is so big, it's larger than the screen and I can't click on the next buttons because they're off the screen. Is there something I can do to fix this?

That's normal since the mini's resolution is lower than the installer's, keep pressing Tab + Space to move around the installation process.
Or you can use an external monitor, I haven't had any luch this way, though.

sproctor

sproctor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I dont know if this is the right place to post but I am new to this forum.

I have a Compaq mini 700 (which is essentially an HP mini 1000). I have just installed Snow Leopard on it without any issues, working sound and ethernet and everything else.

My only issue is that I do not have working WiFi. It scans and detects most of the networks but not all of them. If I look in System Profiler it displays all networks, but it doesnt display them in the normal wifi menu so I cant connect to the network I need.

Upon looking I have a kext for the broadcom 4312 wireless card which will apparently work, but I can install it and uninstall it without affecting the wireless card, so I can only presume there is another kext currently assigned to the wireless card.

How do I find the kext it is currently using and remove it?

Anyone successfully got wifi working?

armyaircorp

armyaircorp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 76 posts

I dont know if this is the right place to post but I am new to this forum.

I have a Compaq mini 700 (which is essentially an HP mini 1000). I have just installed Snow Leopard on it without any issues, working sound and ethernet and everything else.

My only issue is that I do not have working WiFi. It scans and detects most of the networks but not all of them. If I look in System Profiler it displays all networks, but it doesnt display them in the normal wifi menu so I cant connect to the network I need.

Upon looking I have a kext for the broadcom 4312 wireless card which will apparently work, but I can install it and uninstall it without affecting the wireless card, so I can only presume there is another kext currently assigned to the wireless card.

How do I find the kext it is currently using and remove it?

Anyone successfully got wifi working?

i have 10.6.7 running on mine.... started with Iatkos s3 v2.

everything works minus 3g and mic input. i don't use 3g so no biggie for me.. for skype I use bluetooth ear piece.

I SET!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy