• Please log in to reply
348 replies to this topic

commandokoj

commandokoj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Anyone know if OSx86 will work on the new HP Mini 1000 series? Its a lot like the Dell Mini 9, so it should work.

What are the instructions and methods to get it installed?

Thanks!

P.S Anyone have the Mini? Plan on getting Mac OS X? Post here or go to a forum for the HP Mini, myhpmini.com

miaone

miaone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
The HP expansion port, who act as the VGA out can be a serious problem here.
The few information that i've found about HP's laptop running osx lacks details about this expansion port.
This netbook is very nice but Expansion Port, low res webcam and 1.8" hdd, are quite bad.

LotozaiMatsushia

LotozaiMatsushia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have actually struggled and failed to get my Mini 1000 to boot any flavor of OSX. Someone with more expertise would possibly be able to understand and pinpoint the issue specifically, but if every kernel crashes after darwin boots it, regardless of the flags, I am at a loss. Sorry.
Oh, rd=disk0s1 can get the kernel up, but it panics after loading the PATA disk with a happy 0x27f7b*** error.
That's the best I can do for you!

FS_OSX

FS_OSX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Mac OS X is booting but crashes after a few seconds.

I get to the point when I enter the basic info at first login and the keyboard and mouse stop to function.

The iDeneb 10.5.5 DVD is more stable in terms of running you can get through the setup and even run the disk utility.

Kalyway won't booth. I always get a "ACPI_SMC" error.

LotozaiMatsushia

LotozaiMatsushia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
wow, you are luckier than I. I cannot even get iDeneb to boot, let alone install. No leads as to the cause of our issues? I am wondering if it has something to do with the touchpad, or possibly with the IDT audio . . . simply guesses though.

FS_OSX

FS_OSX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I use the latest version of iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 that patches the ACPI_SMC error so you can boot. I am curious to know what is the version on that DVD since it runs without problems, at least it doesn't crash after a few seconds...

The touchpad is a Synaptics. I didn't run into trouble when installing my Acer One.

Maybe the proprietary connector?

LotozaiMatsushia

LotozaiMatsushia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Wow, I am curious if that patch would get me past the boot error and into the setup utility that would grant me a bit more information to chew on. Is the patch you used the iDeneb patch they offered on their site or something else?
I am excited to get OSX on the Mini 1000, it has a lot of potential I think!
Anyways, thanks for the feedback.

kenmitch

kenmitch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Mac OS X is booting but crashes after a few seconds.

I get to the point when I enter the basic info at first login and the keyboard and mouse stop to function.

The iDeneb 10.5.5 DVD is more stable in terms of running you can get through the setup and even run the disk utility.

Kalyway won't booth. I always get a "ACPI_SMC" error.

Wondering if you have had any luck yet.

Have you tried to use a bluetooth or usb keyboard and mouse to get past the reg point? Or does the OS just die at the point?

Just wondering if you guys have the HD version or the SSD version of the mini....Might maybe make a diff

Has anybody tried to setup the drive via USB and another system that will run OSX my Dell i9300 wouldn't even boot kalyway but I was able
to install via USB from another system to get her up and running.

FS_OSX

FS_OSX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
So far, I think that the computer freezes because too many drivers are missing.

LotozaiMatsushia

LotozaiMatsushia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I do have the SSD 8GB version, so that could also be contributing to the madness. I hopefully will try this weekend to install, probably iDeneb or iAtkos onto the drive externally through another computer. I still cannot get past a kernel panic at after booting the DVD.
Thanks for the feedback guys, we just might get this thing to work! lol

commandokoj

commandokoj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
If anyone gets close, please tell us how! :)

Res

Res

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
I got my mini 1000 booting into osx with iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5.
All you have to do is choosing the right kext.
Here is my selections:
1.Ich fix
2.ACPI fix
3.cpus=1 fix
4.remove firewire
now you can boot into osx.

After that, install GMA 950 driver with kexthelp. You can find the kext here

So far, no audio and ethernet driver. But it should not be too difficult to get the BCM 4312 working.
And people in the other thread were working on IDT audio driver.(Sorry I was too busy to try it.)

ntrolls

ntrolls

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Res, thank you for sharing your experience. Does the sleep work? Could you check the VGA out?

cayman80

cayman80

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i need some youtube evidence of the mini running osx86!!
Just kidding. ;)

Res

Res

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Res, thank you for sharing your experience. Does the sleep work? Could you check the VGA out?

Sorry, here in Taiwan, the VGA cable is not on the market yet. That's the last and most important issue that I can leave my PB home.

Now the BCM 4312(use the BCM 43xx enabler) is working well and I am replying with my macbook mini.

Working on IDT sound.....
Sleeping is not working. Every time I put it into sleep, it awakes right away.

commandokoj

commandokoj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Can you show us some pictures or something of the Mini with osx86?

FS_OSX

FS_OSX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Res,

I can boot but I still lose mouse and keyboard during the initial setup.

I own a 1035NR with standard HD.

Any hints?

Res

Res

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Res,

I can boot but I still lose mouse and keyboard during the initial setup.

I own a 1035NR with standard HD.

Any hints?

My mini is 1001TU with PATA 60GB HD
Here is my process:
1.In winxp, I used partition magic to set my HD into 2 primary partition.(The original xp is in primary already)
2.Install macdrive, you will need this if you are not familiar with darwin command.
3.boot with external DVD rom. (iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 patched with Nforce path)
4.During installation, make sure you have checked 1.ich fix (ich7) 2.cpus=1 fix 3.remove firewire, after that it will take a long time to install. Sometime, the install progressing screen would be gone, don't be panic, you can still know it's progress by looking into the installation record. After everything is set, you might need to restart the computer manually or choose the startup disk (you can only choose iDeneb dvd)to restart.
5.now, boot into xp, follow this instruction. The option 1.delet AppleACPIPlatform.kext and AppleAPIC.kext and replace with Jas-acpi-apic-tiger.kext. And put chain0 in c:/, edit boot.ini.
6.Now it' ready to boot into leopard first time. After that install GMA 950 with kexthelp. Modify BCM enabler with (4315).

FS_OSX: did you check the ich fix option during installation?

cayman80

cayman80

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
have you tried booting with the windosx86 iso?
if no, what about an hpminiosx86 iso?
i'm not very into the Unix&terminal thing!!! :hysterical:
that's why i'm lookin' for something simpler to install. You're doing a great job, guys!! tnx a lot
have a nice day!!

Res

Res

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

have you tried booting with the windosx86 iso?
if no, what about an hpminiosx86 iso?
i'm not very into the Unix&terminal thing!!! :hysterical:
that's why i'm lookin' for something simpler to install. You're doing a great job, guys!! tnx a lot
have a nice day!!

Sorry! I don't have a windosx86 iso and I think there should be a lot of msi-wind specific kext in the iso. Actually, follow my instructions, you don't need to be familiar with Unix command. Macdrive is a commercial windows software. After you install that you can access HFS volume through explorer.

Anyway, hope someone would make a hpmini1000x86 iso.

I upload a picture to prove my platform is an Atom base HP machine. I think so far, the only one HP Atom machine is HP mini 1000.

Attached File  print_sreen.jpg   342.94KB   990 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy