Official Windows 7 pics

Bluprint101

33 posts in this topic

Epic fail on the title. It's nothing like OS X for starters. And I for one am glad MS are finally doing something about the ridiculous boot times and resource hogging.

Yeah I know the Title is all Gassed up, i'll take credit for that

but if you take a look at their new task bar, you'll see how making it

1. transparent

2. Icon only identification

can go a long way to resemble something like the dock in Leopard if not from Tiger

I also Give them props for trying to making their OS Better,

but i'll be more responsive to ingenuity, they are definitely on the right track if They trace Apple along the way

Yeah I know the Title is all Gassed up, i'll take credit for that

but if you take a look at their new task bar, you'll see how making it

1. transparent

2. Icon only identification

can go a long way to resemble something like the dock in Leopard if not from Tiger

I also Give them props for trying to making their OS Better,

but i'll be more responsive to ingenuity, they are definitely on the right track if They trace Apple along the way

1.Vista

2.Windows has always done that, just not in that fashion.

It really doesn't look like Mac OS X at all. It just kind of seems like people are trying to make another excuse to bash windows. Which there are some pretty obvious ones, but this isn't even reasonable. So then if we bash this for "looking" like Os X, lets bash honda for having 4 wheels that look like 4 wheels a ford uses!

Of course MS"s taskbar is nothing like the OSX dock. It's more like a dock on a whole bunch of steroids.

The quicklist or jumplist, the grouped app preview, and Aero Peek makes this taskbar something that is great. I'm running Windows 7 with the new taskbar (except for Aero Peek, as it is not available in the build I'm running) and I miss it when I'm running Vista.

Actually, if you look at Windows 1 "taskbar", it is similar to 7 superbar.

This is 15 years before Apple's dock, maybe Mac OS X dock is repackaged Windows 1 taskbar? ;)

wiueci.gif

Good find, they are going back to their roots to develop a better OS....

You can find just as many things that Mac OS X "ripped off" from Windows as you can vice versa. That's without even going into the stuff both OS's, but especially OS X "ripped off" from various pieces of *nix software. If only Microsoft would do the same and make windows a Unix-like OS I'd be in heaven...

Hi,

it looks very fine. But some things never chance. I tried about 1 hour, to get the sound working. Nothing. I need driver for cmi, I got them from www and tried to install - "no vista running", "not for this operating system" and so on.

Oh, how easy is it with OSX !

Bye,

Andreas

its not the real design, its just a concept made by programmers for testing features, the final version made by the graphics team will have practically nothing in common with that theme

it looks a bit like vista, which looks very cheap ass :(

if you see laptops or pc's in a store and they all have that ugly vista desktop, it looks like a computer store of the nineties :P

Same old windows {censored} .....Windows 7 sucks big time no matter. Vista is resource hog .....DLL hell called as folder Winsxs ...... no use. .... Nothing like MAC OS X :) ....... OS X leopard or any version Rocks.

$tealth, Try before you give an opinion, Just because it has all the "eye candy" doesn't mean it is going to be like Vista. resource hog and all.

@Freaky Mac,

No offence to you matey but I give my opinion unless I have tested the things. Wait till the final version of Windows 7 comes out dude. Beta editions and Final editions are totally different so only time will tell about the things.

I like MAC better than Windows Vista though Windows XP I have to use since use of CAD programs is very essential.

Windows 7 is Vista with a tweak and a facelift. Vista was a disaster. Can Microsoft build a whole new OS? No.

Remember MS's Ad campaign where the fooled the test users with a new Windows OS? But it was really Vista all along. Welcome to Windows 7. Don't get fooled again.

Wake me up when Vista *ahem* Windows 7 or whatever has gotten rid of its registry and the resource hogging DRM.