ATI 2600XT and Nvidia 8800GT dual setup

bensky

2 posts in this topic

I have an ASUS 8800GT card running on an Intel P5K-E motherboard, 10.5.4 Vanilla kernel (afraid to update for now). Using NVInject with custom NVCAP.

It refuses to output to SVideo from the composite port. I've tried everything (All NVCAP strings, converters, adapters, etc). So now my plan is to get an ATI 2600XT, which should support my Apple DVI-to-SVideo adapter (according to this anyway: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2809?viewlocale=en_US), and put it in as a second card ONLY to output SVideo and nothing else.

Will this work? Is there a way to set it up as a second card without losing QE and CI on the 8800? I don't need 3d acceleration or anything on the 2600, I just want to use its 2nd DVI port to output to my TV. I hope I don't have to paste in both HEX strings into a single plist, because it seems doubtful this method will work.

Anyone here who got two different cards working at once? Any advice?

As far as I know, Apple connectors like your DVI-to-Svideo converter are specific for Apple manufactured cards. They're not designed to work with PC cards.

You can use an EFI graphic string with your card which may get you a full "Mac experience" functionality, since the 8800GT (512MB) is used by Apple too in their Mac Pro's.

You can read about GFX strings and download "EFI Studio" here.